Comprobante

Dunno how I missed this.

But, no. I’ve been watching and following bell since the end of WOD when his balding combover was way more apparent. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone call him a shill. But, can be wrong. Maybe some do think he’s a shill. I’ve always known him as doom and gloom mixed with fan fiction, and lore vids that even Noble would call amateurish.

Imo Bellular white knights for Bliz WAAAAY too much, but his latest video where he basically called out DF for being too woke-- and suggests that is why DF has failed narratively-- had me nodding in agreement.

If you look at OG Warcraft’s concept art, you have plenty of examples of orcs and trolls appearing as vicious monsters, sitting on top of piles of skulls, and covered in blood. By contrast, Dragon Flight has very-girly dragons talking about their feelings.

1 Like

Hazelnutty, Platinum WoW, Hirumardex, MrGM, stankygaming

That or they tried to assign a gender to an apple

He is a master of click baiting.

I think he’s pretty good. Definitely agree with him most of the time.

I know, and I also saw another Spanish-speaking YouTuber who suffered the same thing only for the very fact of launching controversy, apart from which his video cover came with poop :poop: emoticons next to Ysera when in reality he did not say a single swear word.

But talking about the disaster of the low spirit that happens with DF, no matter if the expansion is the best thing that has come.

But the problem here is the truth, no one is ruining the experience, there are people who play Mythic+ and Raids, the problem is:

• It is forgotten that this MMO is an RPG, and the lore and the world are what concern us, unlike the past WoW, which is because Hardcore classic and classic server give more hype than the new stuff in retail.

• the freedom of expression of content creators: as they can also say how positive there will be in WoW content, they also have the right to say how bad things are happening and Blizzard has to see that instead of covering it up with what its expansion has. problems to improve it without needing to change to a new expansion as they did with WoD and Shadowlands.

I bet someone says in defending Shadowlands? Obviously they will, but now with the small audience of DF and the success of the classic servers, now saying that the new expansion needs to be defended is not enough.

Therefore, let’s just hope that the last patches of the great expansion bring that audience that Blizzard needs.

Meanwhile, the idiot who not only bothered Bellubar (although in my case he deserved it) but other content creators who were actually right is a stupid hater, at the end of the day this streamer only made things worse by seeing that everything he defends is not for Blizzard, nor for the new expansion, it is for other reasons.

//// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY3lv_13CQg

I have never seen another youtuber say anything like this. If anything, he is easily impressed and often makes very one-sided videos that support game changes he likes the idea of without considering possible negatives.

Now in these forums, there are a lot of pro-blizz posters who don’t know much about youtubers at all, but have very strong opinions based on something someone told them to believe.

Real example: When carbot stopped playing wow and started playing FFXIV, he made a cartoon about wow refugees going to FF and being welcomed there. Because that’s what he always did, made cartoons, many of them pretty funny. Forum posters told us that Carbot was a streamer and hater who always made videos critical of wow.

1 Like

Retail was “ruined” long before this dude. BFA was awful, SL was awful. They tripled down with Dragonfart and its worse than the other 2 combined.

2 Likes

I think it has nothing to do with “woke”. I think it has to do with the current writing team’s skills and imagination - or lack thereof. If Steve Danuser likes soap opera-ish touchy feeling stuff, that’s what we get.

There is a feeling that the game has gone downhill because it used to be about big, sweaty guys fighting big, sweaty guys in epic battles. For sure we don’t see much of that anymore.

I can’t either as people would hate flag me and get me vacationed too. So I’ll just say nothing at all. Have a nice day everyone

I think it’s the fantasy themes that are the problem. People can say there isn’t a “cool” factor but I think there definitely is with warcraft stuff. The last time I felt that cool factor was in Legion personally. BFA and onwards fantasy has been dreadfully boring and stale. The maw was just this big mess of grey, N’zoth was fine I guess but using him in one patch was a mistake, Dracthyr are the exact opposite of cool, Domination magic was really lame. Even the name itself is lame calling something Domination magic is almost as lame as calling something “mind control magic”. Just give us something with substance, Blizzard has been beating around the bush for too long. It’s like they have a fear of giving us spectacles now for some reason.

1 Like

This is by far my favorite dysphemism for the expansion. Thank you.

I haven’t said anything nice about him in years and I’m still here.

This forum is so toxic. This guy makes a post that follows all the rules and an interesting topic. And the no lifers on the forum instantly come and derail his thread. For some reason ‘it must be sunday’ and ‘no threads on youtubers’ are really popular on this forum. I think its sad tbh.

3 Likes

Public forums public options. :man_shrugging:

people mad bellular does something he loves and gets paid for it

are his videos illusions?

That’s weird because I mostly watch makeup and cooking videos on Youtube and no react channels at all, so I genuinely have no idea why I watch a single WoW related video and immediately get a bunch of Asmongold reacts videos recommended to me. It’s super weird.

Something else that is strange is that it doesn’t matter how many times I go out of my way to select the “don’t recommend more like this” option for each video, it still gets recommended to me as soon as I watch just 1 WoW related video.

No, it definitely does just in different ways. In business we refer to this as “ESG” which is basically how companies value themselves in the community. Having a high “ESG” score is typically associated with your company being good samaritans and you do the things like erecting windmills, recycling, not dumping your waste unethically. Or it used to mean that, generally it was people’s way to do business with businesses they felt were doing more to develop society thus they gave them more resources via business. Now it’s basically “Hey we pay a third party to take care of the things if we did improperly would get us crucified socially!” They’re the business equivalent of people who in America constantly talk about green energy initiatives, but almost always are the ones screaming if the windmills are near their property. We call this Nimbyism, and this is important for later to know.

ESG also goes into Social topics, that’s what the S stands for. A lot of these particular issues are big, and big in the way that business likes. Big in the way that “I can slap some random logo on my can, upcharge it 5 dollars and people who weren’t even my clientele to begin with are now buying my product and saying we’re the greatest company ever!”

In the pursuit of ESG scores, especially as bad publicity has become sort of a shakedown with some individuals and groups, it’s kind of allowed some groups of wield an absurd amount of power and it’s one they like to wield very liberally. As in their friends two months ago now are being tarred and feathered. They’re like those breed of Cuckoo birds that leave eggs in nests, but then actually go back and check on the eggs and if the parents disposed of their egg they’ll trash the nest and smash all their eggs in response.

As long as a product can actually be sold to people on the mere inclusion of something people hold dear to their hearts, companies will pretend to cater to it. As long as Nimbyists can basically be slacktivists by posting favorable messages, and “supporting a cause that means so very much to them” requires little more than that, you’ll keep seeing the pattern. Companies will hatchet in niche social issues that matter a lot to some people to give the impression they care, and for the most part people are actually dumb enough that this works. I’d feel worse if they weren’t the same people who preach about “knowing all about the evils of Capitalism” that get played like fiddles but hey, what can you do?

Best case example of this with WoW is Pelagos where they clearly put the character in to say “HEY LOOK GUYS! A TRANS CHARACTER!” because they promptly forgot about them. They also completely scrubbed probably one of the two things people know about Pelagos in countries where that kind of narration wouldn’t allow their product on shelves instead of sticking to their guns, you know, because these issues and things matter so much to the company.

Again, as I said. It isn’t that the game has really gone woke, it’s that companies for about a decade now have realized by paying lip service alone to these ideas they can sell a product, even outside their demographic. Look at the Bud Light thing, for a solid week you had a weird parallel world where the stock conservative types were drinking microbrews and the snobby hipster types were drinking Bud Light out of celebration and giving a middle finger to the other side.

Until people wisen up it won’t stop.

That said, the other related thing and while it’s a factor, it’s not nearly as big of one as people think… Narration, Art, all the things that kind of go into making a video game tend to require education in certain fields that have a better look from certain campuses. That for starters will already influence the worldview of the person significantly, but those fields also tend to attract people of a certain mind as it is.

Bottom line, the game isn’t “going woke”, it just has more “woke” messaging due to these things actually do matter to the people working on WoW, and the company is fine to allow it as long as the ESG score stays high and the sales keep coming. I don’t mean this malevolently, but I will be laughing when eventually this whole ESG-farm meta for companies stops producing the same results and they have to find something else to pander to and ride the coattails of.