Completing a dungeon really required for Kyrian campaign?

I just looked at my hunter’s achievements, I dont’ remember doing that dungeon but I see I did it. Sorry!!

3 Likes

So why is Kryian covenant progression tied to a dungeon when other covenants campaigns are not, not everyone like running dungeons, these are the little quirks that make some fed up of this game.

21 Likes

jesus ppl really find anything to whine about.

7 Likes

Normal dungeons are some of the easiest content this game has to offer. If you’re a dps, you can just queue for it through LFG, push buttons every now and then, and not have to say anything for the entire run.

It a question simple why is this covenant different than the others if a dungeon is needed to advance in your progression of the chapter why have the other covenants not required to do the same? It does not seem fair to me or uniformed in they way they decided to think about players doing their campaign chapters, as I said not everyone playing wow is big on doing dungeons and that should of been considered.

12 Likes

Ok but it’s a normal, and queuable, and will be over before you know it.

1 Like

Imagine playing a tank character, but having zero experience tanking a dungeon and being told to complete a dungeon for the campaign. There is a really good chance that person will be vote-kicked left and right, even on normal and even as a tank, and may never complete it. I feel for you, OP.

11 Likes

That’s not even the worst part of the Kyrian campaign. Wait until you get to the Perdition Hold mission… Although that is probably a lot easier now if you have Korthia gear to do it with.

Kyrian campaign does have requirements the others don’t, although they’re not that insane.

3 Likes

Korthia gear before you finish the campaign, is that even possible? Oh, you mean armament hand-me-downs from other characters on the account.

They are a newish player and might not be familiar with tanking in a dungeon scene. Knowing how some people in WoW are could be very toxic toward the OP.

@OP I would recommend queueing as a dps (unless you are comfortable tanking a dungeon) as normal mode is easy and I am sure those in the group will be making it even easier mode. I would jump in a group with you and help you with it too.

4 Likes

What are you smoking? Tank is relevant in all content, especially elites and world bosses.

Some things require dungeons. They’re part of the storyline. I wish Blizz would come up with a Story Mode like SWTOR did.

3 Likes

He said he’s gotten to the first boss so he has some kind of clue how to play his class. Even in solo stuff, tank is efficient, as long as you pull big. Or have dps doing all the work for you.

That said, Spires end boss is directly linked to the kyrian campaign. Ain’t no way you can skip it. If you persist wanting to do it solo, you’ll have to get gear, good gear.

Edit : and OP never posted again after OP so either he did it or moved on.

1 Like

No.
This is group content and should be completed in a group.
You probably CAN solo it all as a prot paladin if your Item Level is high enough, but right now you’ll have to use the group finder, which shouldn’t be too bad for you as a protection paladin.

You can swap specs at will. A dps even doing low damage will be just fine as long as they stay with the group

2 Likes

True but it also is kind of dumb that one covenant required the dungeon to advance when the others didn’t. Ardenweald had the potential to force a DOS run but literally left it as “I dont care what happens to him…go help him if you want”.

I think all 4 should have required their respective dungeon run at that junction of the campaign just to be uniform.

2 Likes

Why does it have to be the same?

1 Like

I disagree. NONE of them should require that to advance a story campaign. Dungeons should always be optional.

16 Likes

You can, and the queue times are super short most of the time. It isn’t an issue, and normal dungeons are both easy to form, and quick to complete, but that won’t stop people from complaining, no matter how simple.

Good point, Kul’Tiran and Mechagnome are the only AR that (still) require dungeons to complete.