Completed Zandalari Troll unlock pre-patch, now stuck in the wrong phase of Dazar'alor

I completed the Zandalari Troll allied race unlock before the patch, so for me talanji has already been crowned queen. As soon as the patch hit, I was unable to phase into the correct phase of Dazar’alor. I am stuck in a phase where talanji is not yet queen, and many critical npcs are missing from the great seal, including the innkeeper and the npc who queues you for BFA LFR content. I also cannot see the scrapper. I tried everything to get out of this phase, including receiving an invite from a character who had not completed the allied race unlock (this just puts us in a different phase), and completing a battleground / pet pvp battle (did nothing).

2 Likes

This isn’t going to be helpful but I am having this same issue and it is preventing me from being able to turn in another quest because the NPC I need is in a different location than where he is supposed to be.

Same problem. Can’t turn in emissary quest, no quartermaster, no pet vendors, no innkeeper, etc.

I opened a ticket and they tried to auto-close it with a link to the support forums and WoWhead. I reopened it.

I have tried pet battles. I have tied joining groups not in my phase. My wife joined my group and she can SEE the phased icon by my character portrait. I’ve used BTWQuests to try to see if something new was added for me to complete - can’t find anything. I’ve run all over the city looking for an NPC to talk to that can move me on.

There is nothing I can find. This has utterly broken BFA for me…

I have the same issue as well. Cannot progress through the BFA campaign and the Mechagon campaign as well because I am stuck in the wrong phase of the city despite completing the Zandalari allied race questline…BFA is broken now.

I completed everything completely on this character and am similarly stuck in the Coronation phasing after race changing from Belf to Zandalari

Same. I haven’t even done anything to trigger this - just in some other Zulzudar phase and can’t turn in my 4 world quest cache or even see the Scrapbot thing.

I have the exact same problem with the Mechagon campaign, stuck on a Strong Heart because of this - I did open a ticket and the advice was to basically uninstall everything and just run vanila WOW. I am really hoping for a less radical solution at some point.

Same problem on my paladin. Already completed the BFA questline on her and now can’t get out of this phase.

Same problem for me. The portal to Dazar’alor now sends me to the docks, not the portal chamber. The pet vendor and all other npcs in the Hall of Beasts are missing. The Zocalo is full of rioting speaker mobs, and the buildings’ doors are all closed.

Same. I was on the last questline to unlock the recruitment quest.

Bump, still broken. Dazar’alor is still phased to Talanji’s Coronation and none of the Shrines work for Embrac eof the Loa

Also stuck in this phase since 10.1.5 dropped. Just got exalted with Zandalar and I can’t even buy the tabard or anything because the Emissary isn’t there either. Natal’hakata says that Talanji is waiting to be coronated but there’s no quest marker there (and I’m fairly certain it’s already flagged as completed). Can’t see Scrap-o-Matic so no more Expulsom for me. Opened a ticket but I’m very frustrated.

Oh, also a bunch of progress I had on multi-step achievements, like progress I had on doing all of the Horde assault types has also completely disappeared.

I am back to let you know that I had opened a ticket a few days ago to find out about this and I initially received a automated response with possible fixes which didn’t help. I wrote back and stated that I had tried all the ways to repair it with no change I received this response.

“I’ve taken a look and we haven’t been receiving reports regarding this, which means it is most likely working as intended or has been caused by a recent update.
Taking this in consideration, we don’t have any workarounds at the moment nor can we provide any compensation regarding this since it is not a verified issue yet.”

I am still stuck with NPCs missing or in a different spot than they should be. And as somebody in another person noted, the portal sends me to the docks.

I am going to respond again to my ticket with this post and a post i saw on wowhead which has a comment concerning the same issue and somebody stating it was a quest chain that needs to be completed (which I have completed).

Yep. Unlocking the Trolls has essentially RUINED everything going on in the city. It’s ridiculous. Cannot unlock Mechagon. The Scrapper has disappeared. NPCs missing from the Throne Room.

All I could get from GMs was a response saying they’ve acknowledged that this is an issue and they’re working on it and they asked for bug report submissions.

I am Game Master Rodgarlye, summoned from the Void to help you !

Sincere apologies for the late response, we have been receiving a large amount of requests, and are doing our best to answer them all. I see that your character Lythalia has been phased out in Zul’dazar since the release of patch 10.1.5, preventing you from seeing and interacting with key NPCs such as Princess Talanji and Natal’hakata, and I completely understand that this is far from ideal.

I can confirm that this is not working as intended, as we have received multiple reports from players who encountered a similar issue. The entire area has become phased after the release of the patch, making progress here difficult, and the developers are working on a fix as we speak. I kindly recommend that you submit a bug report via the link below, which will allow the dedicated team to investigate the situation further. Your input would be very valuable, as it will help the developers to track down and eliminate this nasty bug, and make for a better experience !

I know that this isn’t the answer you were looking for, and I would have preferred to offer a more direct solution, but rest assured that we will be keeping a close eye on this in order to resolve the situation as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and don’t hesitate to come back if you need anything else

Have a wonderful day, and take care !

Game Master Rodgarlye