Compilation blizzard lies - Alliance edition

The worst part for me is this coming patch and what we will be forced to do next expansion without a doubt: Work with the other side. Put aside our “differences” for the “greater good”.

I’m sorry but they’ve gone too far this time. Sylvanas and parts of the Horde willingly participating in genocide and wanting me and all of my race dead and raised under their control isn’t just “differences”. Thats no longer a different point of view, something that could be put aside if need be. Thats now a driving force that must always be contended with and considered during every single action and decision moving forward. At that point the “greater good” is incontrovertantly to end the Horde, Sylvalnas, and everyone who willingly participated in it. For not doing so is outright inviting in your own death and demise, and doing so knowingly.

It’s happened too many times before, and to such a great degree this time, that there is no believable way to handwave this or make it okay. Nothing can change this. Even if Sylvanas was tricked or controled it doesn’t change her actions. And it doesn’t change the fact that 90% of the horde gleefully participated. Were they all mind controled as well? If not then it cannot be forgiven.

They said the Burning of Teldrassil was a big change, and there was no going back. But I don’t think Blizzard realizes just how True that statement really is. They’ve written themselves into a corner that connot be given a satisfying conclusion without changing the underlying facets of the game itself; ie: the horde still existing at all. If The Alliance is expected to lay down arms and work with the horde after what has been done; it outright kills what little semblence of realism and immersivity the story had left.

And then this game has been truly and fully lost. A RPG can exist on the tinest sliver of story, immersion, and consistancy. It wont be great, but it can still be enjoyed. But when it drops even that,… well how many games do you play where the world and story have no semblence of immersion or consistancy? How many such games do you find yourself truly getting invested in?

28 Likes

i do remember in the past blizzcon first saying that,inicially she was going to escape tol dalgor with us and helping kultiras alongside the PC but at some point the direction was changed (that also explains her model with a disguise)
in the alpha dialogue, she says “i would do anything to defeat the horde” when we go to kultiras.
and there was another dropped storyline of searching for her with the characters from her comic.

So yes, this goes in line with what rexxar says.but blizzard probably didn’t liked turning her into a full time villain. (this also goes in line with the warbringers)

Yes this has me extremely worried,depending on what they do in 8.3 they could potentially kill any interest that i could have for the alliance.

They really did go too far this time and if this also ends with “well only sylvanas is bad XD” and forgotting about it we are seeing the complete destruction of the alliance story as whole. and that sucks.

5 Likes

Blizzard and failing to reach a satisfying conclusion. Name a more disappointing duo.

7 Likes

Something something Star Wars something something GoT.

As much as I hated Tyrande. I think Blizzard messed up big time when they didn’t have her in Nazjatar. I can understand that Jaina and Genn are coming along but to not have the most important lore character within the warcraft’s lore is kind of a insult. Least that Blizzard can do is atleast bring in Maiev along for the ride since she too had beef with the naga in Warcraft 3.

Or Prince Farondis too. He too was cursed by Azshara and him not being there is also a insult to Night Elf Mages and Fans.

3 Likes

Humans had the same exact desires regarding most of the Horde races not that long ago. A lot of them got over it.

That’s one of the handy aspects that it was the Night Elves who took the bleeding this time. Kalimdor is distant news to the Eastern Kingdoms who all have their own issues to settle, the Dwarves need to iron out their three thrones, the Gnomes need to clean up Gnomeregan some more and the Humans have to get Anduin to start making babies.

After taking these losses, everyone outside the Night Elves and Worgen may decide that enough is enough without any immediate Horde threat to their continent.

And in the meantime Magni will be reminding all and sundry that “Azeroth is in mortal peril!” Again.

1 Like

Orcs, maybe forsaken, and who else? And those feelings for the orcs came after the attempted genocide.

2 Likes

Was there some sort of Professional sports team style trade involving Baine, Suarfang, Sira, and Delaryn?

1 Like

Isnt part of the curse that he cant leave azuna?

Farondis’ people maintain a portal in Orgrimmar. So the answer is… undead ones. Maybe that’s a new allied race for the Horde… Undead Night Elves.

There’s some in Stormwind right now making portals to Azsuna:

Super curiously, they have the Darnassus faction tag.

Farondis’ people are not in Orgrimmar. In the Horde portal room the NPCs opening the portal to Azsuna are Nightborne:

Trolls, obviously. And they did try to murder all the Bilgewater goblins. And it was a human who led the Scourge attack on Quel’Thalas, and another human who tried to murder Kael’thas and all of his soldiers, and another human who ordered the Purge of Dalaran. So there’s a history with the Blood Elves.

There are lots of reasons for the Horde to not like or trust the Alliance. But these are rarely mentioned in the text, and basically just treated as one-offs.

11 Likes

My mistake. they are Nightborne, but the Horde portal still opens up into the Crumbled Palace.

It does. But the Nar’thas Mages in Stormwind have the Darnassus faction tag, which makes Undead Night Elves sound more like a potential Alliance Allied Race.

Actually it was pretty much about vengeance, and Anduin’s trying to make up for a series of screwing the pooch mistakes that cost the Night Elves much of their population and their home.

By telling Sylvanas to surrender and come quietly instead of just trying to kill her on the spot? That’s not vengeance. That’s Anduin being hung up on justice as much we Saurfang is fixated on honor.

10 Likes

Where’s the Horde version?

3 Likes

Tried to murder all the bilgewaters, you mean when the Bilgewaters sailed into the middle of a naval engagement and were sunk?

A Human who was at the command of an Orc, an Orc that was formerly part of the Horde that burned half of Quel’thalas and stole or defiled their magical protection rocks.

Garithos was an idiot. Not one at all in contact with the Alliance High Command in the surviving Kingdoms. By the time anyone knew what Garithos was doing or was trying to do, he was dead.

The Purge of Dalaran was a story of the Blood Elves using Dalaran to attack Darnassus (funny that) and then gotkicked out, as the Horde proved that they couldn’t be trusted with the powers in Dalaran. Jaina ordered the Blood Elves captured, while the ones that out and out went to the killing were the High Elves. Vereesa orders the player to execute the 3 people trying to escape, and it’s High Elves in the sewers doing the nasty stuff. The human parts of the Kirin Tor were keeping it relatively civil. Of course, rather than blame people with different coloured eyes, lets blame the Humans! Derp.

All of the Horde reasons to not trust or like the Alliance are a pittance in comparison to what the Horde has done to the Alliance, which is probably why it’s never brought up, as it is petulant whining in comparison.

9 Likes

Is it really lies, or it is more the current writers having no interest in the lore even ignoring lore from a year earlier if they didn’t write it?

4 Likes