Comparing 1.12 honor gear to MC/BWL sets

I can’t wait to watch some of the videos, it’s going to be crazy.

No, there’s worse. I pulled two things at random. Look for yourself.

I think Github uses the database created from internet archives, which should be more accurate than hoping the Wowwiki kept the information.

Though the PvP items are weird because they created entirely new items rather than simply updating the stats like they did for every other item. I guess they wanted people to re-farm rank to get the new stuff.

So you can find the entire old Warrior blue PvP set here: https://classicdb.ch/?itemset=282

and the new one here: https://classicdb.ch/?itemset=545

Which is all in a 1.12 database, meaning Blizzard absolutely 100% has that data because we know they have a 1.12 database.

Though like you said, they might just consider it too much work to bother doing.

1 Like

Oh i actually didn’t know that, thanks. I just figured if people are so scared about the power scale, simply why not ask for that?

1 Like

If you mean Dire Maul when you said this, then yes…this is basically the same thing. Gear much too strong coming out while MC is current, the difference being that I think they’d say getting rank 10 is more work than farming DM for a week.

1 Like

Can you compare the pvp gear to gear people actually want to wear cause most of t1 is not actually that good.

2 Likes

Yeah, my bad.

Dire Maraudon, lol. The hot new Classic-only sort of original content dungeon.

There will be so few people getting rank 12+ that this will be a non-issue really.

1 Like

Comparing, as close as I can get in ilvl from MC and PvP, the pvp sets seem to have more raw stats whereas the MC non-set pieces seem to have more spell power/crit/etc.
You’ll get the bonuses with the pvp sets but the 2 piece bonus is usually the only one that matters for dps.
It’s not really that big of a deal it seems like as the amount of pvp you’d be doing to get the rank would hinder your ability to farm MC unless you’re playing every day for multiple hours a day. And by the time pvp gear even rolls out, people will be trying to get higher ilvl items anyways.

The items I linked are the ones awarded at ranks 7, 8, and 10. Please read my post before commenting.

Unlike reaching rank 14, rank 10 was actually pretty easy to do.

Additionally, you’re not considering MC’s lockout. You get one a run of MC a week, and you’re lucky to get a piece of loot in a given week, considering you’re competing with 39 other people for 2-3 drops per boss.

This rare gear is far easier to get, and is as good and sometimes better. Finally, the release order inaccurate. I could forgive inaccuracy if it somehow made the game better, but it makes it worse. Do you understand the problem, yet?

If you compare the rank 10 items (head/shoulders), they are similar but not outright better. Even with MC’s lockout, MC will be in phase 1 and pvp gear will be in phase 2 (the honor system won’t be in phase 1). Even with the lockout and competition, it does not seem to me to be that big of an issue for something that are only ever better when you factor in the 2 piece set bonus.
I do not agree that this somehow makes it worse. By the time PvP gear comes out, people will have already re-lived the experience.

4 Likes

Uh, why is this better, though? Assuming you’re right, for a moment, I was under the impression that the burden of proof for #changes was somehow to make the game better (without spoiling the spirit of vanilla with stupid crap).

Why are you in favor of a such an arbitrary change?

I don’t see anyone saying they are “in favor” of the change. Many, including me, think it’s not the end of the world. I happen to think Blizzard is working in good faith to give us the best approximation of Vanilla that they can. This thing you point out is perhaps unfortunate, but it’s what they can do.

2 Likes

The blue PVP sets were in reality comparable to T2 for PVP use… The raw stats that you need for PVP are on the blues…

While the epic T1 and T2 are watered down by +resistance stats that are less useful in PVP but very useful in PVE where they’re designed to be used.

3 Likes

The old stats are a matter of well documented history, and not subject of guesswork. There is no question Blizzard could easily deliver an chronologically accurate deployment of the correct PvP sets, so the question here is, why the heck aren’t they?

They’re giving us late-vanilla crafted epics like Titanic Leggings at something like the proper time, so what gives?

It’s a big conspiracy.

1 Like

You people realize this is not even in Alpha yet, correct?

And sorry man, I don’t mean to sound glib. I just don’t think it’s worth worrying about and I, personally, am going to assume that Blizzard has their reasons. I don’t see them making arbitrary changes without having reasons.

1 Like

Maybe they have a team doing the pvp stuff and another doing the pve. Different priorities. Or maybe they will change it before it goes live. Whatever, I don’t think it is worth much concern.

Bornakk straight up told us that they’re going with 1.12 honor gear, so it’s reasonable to assume that’s how it’ll roll out, barring significant pushback from the playerbase, which seems unlikely.

Don’t worry about it. Compared to the social standard around here, you’re a shining beacon of courtesy.