Companion App Crashes, Unusable on iPhone 6

Since the update to the mobile app to support Shadowlands content, I am no longer able to use the app. The signature isn’t always the same, but every time I launch the app, it crashes before I am able to do anything useful with it. At first it was during the login process, but now it’s when loading the map or, if that loads ok, clicking about anything. Officially, the app supports iPhone 5S or later. I am using an iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.8. Is this a known issue? If so, is it something that can be fixed to make it work for iPhone 6 or will it cause older phones to be dropped from supported devices?

10 Likes

I’m having similar issues on my 6 Plus. Every time I attempt to log in, I see “Verifying Assets” and then it almost immediately crashes. I’ve tried redownloading multiple times, choosing both yes and no to downloading the additional assets, restarting the phone, etc. Nothing is working and it keeps crashing at this point each time I try to use the app, even across multiple deletions and downloads.

5 Likes

Yeah, mine crashes constantly, tried everything, reinstalling multiple times, restarting phone, connecting/disconnecting wi-fi. Downloading assets not downloading assets. It literally asked me to update my iOS, so I did that, kinda wishing I hadn’t, wondering if that has something to do with it. Was really hoping to be able to do missions at work, so i don’t fall behind. But of course that won’t be happening.

4 Likes

Yea I have the same problem and have done the same things as both of you.

4 Likes

Same here for me. Companion app crashes every single time.

@Blizzard Why the heck haven’t you done anything about this? The app is broken, unusable. Are you even attempting to fix it?

Reporting that I am also experiencing crash on startup of the app on iPhone 6 ever since the SL update. It gets me to the loading screen, and when the bar finishes loading the app crashes.

3 Likes

same exact thing happens to me on my iphone6 and has been happening for awhile. My phone has the newest iOS and app is updated.

You guys should see the reviews for this app in the app store. It’s abysmal. Just about everyone has issues with it crashing and Blizzard doesn’t respond to any of it. This crap has been an issue since Legion.

• App version # 3.0.36501
  • Device Model Iphone 6 Plus
  • Device OS version 12.4.9

Same issue on iPhone 6 Plus, most up to date os and app version.

still no replies from Blizzard. GG

Blizzard companion app crashes immediately after opening on an iphone 6 with IOS 12.4.8. Even though “officially” the Blizzard companion app supports iphone 5S or later so I put in a ticket to try and get help resolving the issue and after a week of Emailing blizzard and being told to reinstall the companion app, even doing a clean reinstall, being told to turn off authenticator and to put in a new password. All Blizzard ends up saying is “It’s a known bug and to report the bug.” Come on, it’s been over a month already since Shadowlands release and you all are still working out MAJOR bugs! #DoBetterBlizzard

This is the exact problem I am having.

it’s been busted since like 8.2 or 8.1 i dont remember. I wouldnt get my hopes up

Add me to the list of those suffering this issue…haven’t been able to do anything since October

No word yet?

I really want to try this app, I use Pixel 4 and it won’t even get to a splash screen without crashing. Kind of crazy??

Still nothing??

On a 6plus myself, every time I get past the login screen it freezes and crashes. Works just fine on my wife’s 11, so I’m always bogarting her phone every few hours for missions.
Funny thing is I try like a dozen times per day on my 6plus to login, and only once since the app was launched has it worked properly, for a bit, then it realized what it was doing and crashed.

Is Blizzard ever going to fix this problem? I can’t even use the wow companion app most days since the shadowlands update on my iPhone 7. This is so irritating. Constantly crashes on log in, switching characters, switching xpacs, loading missions. Everything. Trash.

This is what is happening to me too. Are you still having problems?

Still occurring post update during he 9.0.5 patch