Comp Stomp

I can’t help but think someone has footage of a correctly geared teams/groups destroying these bots before it was removed. There was a small window where this was open, right?

It doesn’t teach anything good when it comes to real Bgs. The best practice is random Bgs against actual players.

4 Likes

ToH is kind of insane as a Prot Paladin. My CD’s come up so fast and I won’t die with an orb till I’m nearly unhealabe.

I never got to try this Brawl as I hadn’t upgraded my account yet when it was last up. I must say I didn’t like the idea of playing vs computer opponents though I guess it would have been an easy brawl to do with all my alts.

1 Like

Sure bring it back with no rewards, honor, or rep at all. Shouldnt be able to pve to get pvp rewards.

2 Likes

Actually it would make a great baseline tutorial map for the beginners.
Other than that, yeah, it has no place in the pvp lineup.

There is nothing to learn from it.

The AI are predictable , do the same thing game after game . Even the abilities are bugged with them having unlimited trinkets and going up walls like Neo.

1 Like

For the pvp community, of course not.

But for the pve’ers that want to get their feet wet and gain some basic understanding of terms, objectives, strategies and the like then yeah, implementing a simple AI tutorial as a gateway for the curious could be a good thing… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

thou doth protest too much

I dunno man… It teaches a hell of a lot of bad habits without teaching anything at all. Also if you see all the pve posters, none of them are actually interested in PvP. Theyre interested in using it to bypass having to do PvP for the PvP things like bote. It’s actually actively helping people not ever have to PvP.

If you want people to jump in and learn PvP you make it rewarding and people will put effort in. I didn’t know Jack about m+ before this season. Better believe I decided to do them because they’re profitable (not enjoyment). You also better believe that I did some of my own research and got help from guildies that knew their stuff. This is the way to go.

Tldr if you actually want people interested and trying to learn to PvP you have to make it worth their time. PvP just needs to be actually rewarding.

1 Like

You know what works really well as a tutorial?

Getting your face stomped in hundreds of times like the rest of us. Get in line, let us farm you, and you’ll be farming in no time!

3 Likes

I believe comp stomp is active though.

I was in an AB and got absolutely wrecked. Maybe I am the bots.

1 Like

I think you basically just explained why they did it with that comment.

Everyone was taking advantage of bad AI and NPCs scaled to handle 8.2 gear and not broken 8.3 gear to easily farm a resource that is meant to be farmed going up against other players.

2 Likes

Take a glance at the win rate for the players wanting to farm comp stomp. One player was 88-0. The others I checked also had a 100% win rate.

What else can these players learn?

Well, when you put it like that … lol

should remove rep from comp stomp so people won’t feel like the need to “grind” for it. Its not even real pvp.

it is the quick rep , cp and honor people are after, and just maybe it will entice a new player check out what bgs look like, i vote leave it alone.

1 Like

That’s the problem

1 Like

Never played comp stomp. I’m curious, how many echoes were being provided per win? How long was the average winning match?

They probably treat it the same as a random bg seeing as cp is the same.