Community Council won't change ANYTHING

I’m not trying to complain right off the bat. It’s disheartening to see people talking about how 9.1.5 was so great. When you see people coming in to change the game for the better, that are praising the work that should’ve been done at launch; it hits different.

I want you to know, I have nothing against you. You seem like a genuine person. I seen that new cinematic about Sylvanas and it felt like a punch in the face. I love the story but they’re butchering it. Every aspect of the story that had meaning from WC3, no longer has such. Even stuff such as Mac’Aree from Argus… it was planned to be called such since Vanilla.

I’m normally on the PC side of things but I’m sorry… they’re rewriting the lore that shouldn’t be touched. I’m tired of the Grindy gameplay through systems, I’m tired of the retcons… that’s why I’ve been playing classic and having a blast!

Sorry for the rambling. I’m just passionate about this game cause I’ve been playing since 2007. I grew up with this game. It just pains me to see something I’ve played all these years get butchered into a shell of itself.

1 Like

the fact they are concerned with having ‘influencers’ in there is a major flaw in my opinion if their desire was to improve the game rather than just a PR exercise.

1 Like

It’s going to depend on who the influencers they chose are and how those players participate. But the same could be said for any player they choose. We’ll just have to wait and see if it works out for the betterment of the game.

Honestly, I saw the same cinematic too, and while the art team did absolute wonders- I mean it looks, visually, amazing- the storyline itself is just strange and feels forced. Sylvanas had what, almost 20 years of being built up as a bad guy, or at least “not a good guy” and now she’s getting a redemption arc? I really hope that we’re wrong and the story actually somehow turns out to be amazing. I hope there’s some revelation that comes out that makes it all make sense.

The grindy gameplay borrowed power systems is definitely why I started to fall off the wagon in BFA, and nearly entirely in SL. I’ve also been playing a ton of Classic- which is just as grindy- but the Classic grind has so much more satisfaction and reward than grinding Anima. It feels so much better to finally get a Nexus Key that I’ll use for a few months vs running the same Mists of Tirna Scythe +15 hoping for a trinket to pop with a socket, because it’ll just be replaced next patch. I mean hell, in Classic I wore my Benediction on my priest for well over a year and a half, until the day I made my Atiesh.

I’m right there with you my friend :pray:

1 Like

not really but okay you are most entitled to your opinion.

Just took a peek in there, there’s literally a thread praising the 9.1.5 Mage Tower and claiming that it’s fine… out of touch much? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Where do these players come from lmao? Beginning to wonder if some of these guys really are just the devs posting on their alts with the “everything’s great!” comments we’re already seeing.

5 Likes

There is an intro from someone who used to do rated pvp but had to stop due to carpal tunnel and wants to make the casual pvp experience better for players.

I think everyone knows the CC is a hollow gesture and that Blizzard isn’t going to listen to any of their feedback or suggestions

1 Like

I don’t think anywhere close to all the invites are out yet and they will add more as they need to get more input over the year. I do pay attention to accessibility for games as a general theme, and also individual Blizz games. I am aware of most of your issues but you can always point out specific things to me if you want. There is also the Accessibility team email which I know you have probably used.

I saw a lot of different types of players in the intros and I wish the best of luck to the council members. Time will tell about the echo chamber accusations but mostly I feel bad for the amount of grief you’re all going to get just for being passionate about the game and wanting to contribute.

If this council changes anything at all I will be very, very surprised. I like so many others am expecting it to become an eSports echo chamber.

Just like the twitch community…it lead nowhere and was a waste of time. These “communication community councils” don’t work. It leads to echo chambers.

Out of curiosity, what rate of change would be acceptable or expected?

One of the issues Blizz has, is that they do a poor job of setting expectations. By the time something hits Beta, most of the systems are set in stone and they are just tweaking numbers and fixing bugs. Same with PTRs. We can give TONS of feedback, but it won’t make it into the Live release. Instead of just honestly telling people what is still open to change, they leave the door wide open which leads to disappointment. “We told you in PTR feedback” is a common refrain. If Blizz said - give us feedback specifically on XYZ because that is what we are looking to adjust, then people would be less angry that they were ignored.

Bigger changes happen between large patches, or between Expansions. They have the story outlined for years ahead and are working on the next expansion before the current one is even released. Suggestions for system changes and such can happen, but often results don’t show up until way later, even an expansion later.

I worry with the Council that people will think that changes will happen rapidly. I don’t think that is realistic. It may take years to change the direction of the unwieldy ship that is WoW.

I see it as a way to allow Blizzard to demonize more casual players more. I half expect that the RPG and world content will be completely ignored in the future with the game turning into a lobby. Shame.

3 Likes

Is it BuckNyah? That guy is usually really awesome.

No. It’s a different MVP. And oddly enough, the MVPs appear to not have green text in that forum, which indicates the account data was copied and used separately from the rest of the fora. This has the side effect of making everyone look the same, putting them on more equal ground.

I don’t think that is realistic either… for all change… I do believe that true change is never fast, it is never easy… But the state and condition of the game are going to require that some of it does happen quickly. My biggest thing is though, I don’t think the developers are ready to set aside their egos enough in order for anything productive at all to come out of this… I mean ‘Do you guys not have phones?’ or one of the very many other tone deaf statements that have been made over the years.

Why does it feel like “echo chamber” is code for “ideas I don’t like”

1 Like

That’s probably okay. Personally that is another MVP I wouldn’t mind getting in the council.

I have a snowballs chance in hell of getting in if I applied. My recent view/posts since last February soured on the game entirely. Which bad if they don’t allow some reasonable skeptics in the game, I don’t agree that people calling it “hot garbage” or “dumpster fire” and not being at least constructive should be let in right away.

They can start implementing changes in 9.2.0. It is still on the PTR. Will major changes happen quickly? No… Though we have 10.0 coming up and that isn’t even on PTR yet.

However, I think a little differently. I actually don’t except things to change at all or to only help people who are the top end game players.

3 Likes