Community Council Needs to be Anonymous

I agree with this. I am slowly working on my third novel world (partly because I don’t have the money or audience for the first two and partly because the audience I do have likes the content for what I am working on, not that important writer suffering stuff)

Anyways I have been trying to turn some very weird subjects into something more wonderful and use it to express some fun ideas and stuff I have had to deal with.

Use size changing and transformation as a medium to talk about more difficult subjects. My world is very, very slowly building as it is one of the most expansive worlds, I have tried with many different types of fantasy races and such that operate on their own rules and customs.

I am actualy going to get to work on the third chapter next week and I can’t wait to delve back into the size changing and other types of maddness.

Right and I don’t think wanting more from Blizzards writing / characters / stories is the same conversation as adding representation because it gets used to stomp on adding representation.

Adding representation has to start somewhere.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie: I read that in Morgan Freeman’s voice.

2 Likes

That’s fair. I think it should be in both areas, like I’d love to see stories with more bi men/women & such that are well done but that’s because I’m… BIas. (not exclusive to some book outside of the game…)

So showing up more in general (with less complex stories) but also having good narrative stories as well for all relationship types.

With having well-written stories not being any sort of gatekeep, I mean, but rather an ‘in addition to’.

1 Like

+1 for the transmog compliment

1 Like

Well, they made a thread announcing it so I don’t think they were trying to be sneaky. They said they would be adding more in the new year. Then announced when it happened.

I think there will still be quite a few more before they come close to 100ish which was the goal. I think they added like 10 or 15? I was not counting exactly.

Seems to be small batches.

It is the color the CC creators requested from the start but it takes some time to get the forum backend stuff sorted. For the beginning we all just got green (I prefer that as an MVP because I am used to it). Second batch of invites got some traction on the requested Council specifics that were asked for at the start.

The rest of the topic is not something I have any background in so am not commenting. Just wanted to throw out what little factual sort of data points I could.

3 Likes

Right but if we hold our breath for blizzards writing to improve thats its like own thing I guess.

Like we can want WELL DONE representation all day long, but not at the expense of getting the ball rolling imo. Especially when we take a look around to see mediocre writing didn’t stop them from doing other stories, so to leave say LGBTQ+ stories out and have this weird threshold of like “oh blizzard wouldn’t do it justice” I mean they don’t do a lot of stories justice, the fight for better writing is valid and will still be there in the mean time representation being added is a good thing

2 Likes

Blizzard needs to listen to the community council. One of the problems with this game is the lack of communication between them and the players. WoW is such a great game and it could be even better if it was more community driven

OMG… you made me laugh so hard… thank you! I truly needed to laugh today. :purple_heart:

I L U

2 Likes

Yeah definitely, I agree it shouldn’t be the ‘required’ thing. Also yeah definitely need to toss out ‘wouldn’t do it justice’ given they tell all sorts of stories and don’t give them justice, but they’re still there.

1 Like

5 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone call for you to be removed or anything like that. It was just a genuinely bad perspective that hand-waived any and all critical discussions about racism and race representations. The argument itself deserved to be called out and attacked because it was a poor argument.

Dismissing the criticism of your argument as “people trying to make room in the CC” is another form of hand-waiving. After this relaxes a little bit I think you should try to make an earnest effort to understand what people are saying.

5 Likes

I kinda started that snowball so uhhhh…woops :eyes:

1 Like

Replace player councils with a poll booth in the game. Put major issues to a vote to see what the players think. Blizzard keeps taking PR hits with these hairbrained feedback schemes that go nowhere and have sketchy optics at best. It is really not that hard to figure out how to make a game people want to play.

1 Like

Sorry i don’t trust player votes since the tree won purely out of “ree too many cats”

1 Like

All good! I gots the screenshots to iron it all out if needs be. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Since we can’t comment in the council forums atleast give downvotes back since that’s pretty much the only way to show disagreement with any council created post.

4 Likes

This is the smart way to do this lol.

Well, that is your really subjective opinion on why people would vote for the tree, and the council is comprised to a sampling of those people you don’t trust anyway. People voted for the tree because the tree is great.

No a lot of people admitted to voting for the tree just because they didn’t want to vote for the cat lol