Community Council Members - Read

Thank you Nas, I really do hope things work out. I’m going to try my best to make an impact until it’s proven that I can’t; to do otherwise would be giving up. I’m curious where this CC road will take me…and all of us.

4 Likes

Everyone Who Disagrees With Me is a Blizzard Lapdog: a Story in Three Farts.

3 Likes

Yeah, they aren’t doing that. The first couple of people to introduce themselves are very obviously self-serving and have no intention of relaying anything the community might actually want.

There’s one very vocal person that absolutely rubs me the wrong way, is EXTREMELY smug, and thinks themselves better than everyone else because they are on this council. It’s pretty disgusting.

4 Likes

You’re welcome.

If it’s not too much to ask, can you tell them to emphasize on the story a little bit better than what they did in Shadowlands.

I’m a story person and I just want a good consistent story that follows established lore. I’m fine if they change things but make it, make sense and not having you scratch your head.

I’m a detailed person and one of the things I enjoy about RPGs and reading a book is learning about the cultures, gods, history and so on.

That is my biggest gripe about the game.

Anyways take care :grinning: :+1:

Uhm… :flushed: :point_right: :point_left:

There’s a big lore buff currently in the works with a post from the last I heard! I’m absolutely chiming in on it, or making my own if that post never comes to fruit. I’m the same way; in order for me to truly feel immersed and enjoy a game with any hint of worldbuilding, it’s gotta be good.

Here’s a different forum post of mine re: SL story;

I wish you nothing but the best out there- if there’s anything else in particular you (or anyone else) want me to bring up just give me a holler and I’d love to give it my best shot. :muscle:

3 Likes

Right on :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

i normally take middle ground in GD, how do we know council members are not blizzard employees? After all is was pretty quick some enter this discussion 36 minutes after this started.

1 Like

Woah. This is the first I’m hearing about this. I gotta ask, why is there a private discord? I thought the premise for this experiment by Blizz was to be more open and honest than the previous private forum. So you’re telling me that there’s this Blizz discord for you guys that we aren’t privy to?

Say Hi to the new boss, same as the old boss. Lmao.

It’s nothing more than a place where the Council members can chat without the world staring at them. If we wanna talk about doggos, we will, if we have questions to ask from Blizz Staff, we can. It’s not a super-secret team of hand-picked individuals providing feedback. Just a chatroom. That’s all.

I’m definitely not a Blizz employee [wait, that sounds like what a Blizz employee would say…] but as far as response time, I’m doing my best to stay as engaged as possible. I’m searching ‘council’ and other hot button words so I can see as much as others want me to see/that I should see, because otherwise most topics just get lost in the dredges of the GD swamp.

2 Likes

Half of GD is only salty they didn’t get in because they think they represent the community because they don’t do content, they just post on GD for 12 hours a degree about how they totally understand what casuals want.

1 Like

To this I’ll say." The greatest person is the one lest known"

You do realize it does look suspicious and seems to inject the notion of control. I will ask questions regardless.

You are absolutely more than free to ask any questions you want; and you don’t need me to tell you that. I’ll give you whatever answers I have, though I’m not privy to really any more than you are. You are well within your right to be suspicious. I’m just nervously apprehensive as to how the CC will be taken and handled, personally.

1 Like

It’s never an easy task to represent people you have never met or do something that you never done before,my hat off to you for being brave enough to do so.

1 Like

Lemme clarify here. Yes there is such a discord (Edit: Actually its even in the council announcement post). However everything that belongs to the forums we are advised (or better said told) to post on the forums.

This was also announced in the initial announcement of the council in November.

" A private discussion will also be setup for Council members to encourage direct interaction between members."

2 Likes

While I did literally sign up for this, I didn’t, yknow, sign up for this haha. It’s really daunting. I’m just worried about doing my best and putting in as much effort as possible so hopefully my voice- and the collective voices of others- is heard and responded to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Irrelevant. He used it as a hub to advertise. The complete antithesis of what the forum was made for.

I’m actually glad I didn’t get invited if those are the sort of people that get an invite.

6 Likes