Community Council is just a PR move

I wonder if Blizzard just wanted them to be glorified Q&A people. Though I think what they are and will be are voices for frustrated people on the forums or in game.

Yeah, that’s a fair point. Though a position like that will never run out of people willing to do it for free even if the work ends up being customer service.

Incorrect. You are free to look up my post history if you want. I have not hidden it. I don’t consider myself a GD regular though in that I don’t tend to hang out and chat every day.

This is how we get streamers… Popularity contests are rarely productive.

1 Like

Fair but even that could’ve been avoided had they made it a two step process. First they do their little application thing, then we are presented with a pool of people they’ve found would make good council members and vote which of those people we want on the council.

I’m sure the Community Council will be just as productive. /s

definitely agree there - not sure why that poster included you actually in the grouping we typically associate with general discussion because although I don’t read all the threads I rarely see you on here (aside from the increased activity once the CC was announced).

Don’t take me wrong, I’m not hating on the Community Council, I think the idea in and of itself is actually really great.

My issue is that there is SO so so much great feedback right here in the official forums, especially the PTR and Beta forums that appears to just fall on dead ears.