Community Council Forum Invites - Wyrmrest Accord

I think it’s worth trying just to say that we tried. It could be a huge success, it could be a colossal failure, but at the end of the day it would be nice to say the community gave one last big push before calling it quits.

2 Likes

I’m not suggesting we’d give up on the game, I just mean the thing appears to already be failing to a degree. I think people just don’t know what to do with it, and people are being harassed. I’d love for it to work, I just think blizzard did it so poorly.

1 Like

I’m always right.

I will do my best to represent the RP community and not just myself. I’m excited about this role I’ve been given and i hope people will keep posting, discussing and pushing new ideas on the forums and so on. It will really help with the discussion and knowing what to write!

I am pleased to see so many of you be so nice and positive! Makes this a whole lot easier and more fun! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Positivity and niceness is all well and good, Dino, but at the end of the day the only thing these non RPer punks respect is some sheer force of will and audacity.

It’s time to lay down the law with a verbal demand for change.

It’s time to rise up and sit down with some fellow advocates in an exchange of ideas that will really progress our noble cause.

It’s time to bring the community together behind one unified front, solidified by the power of one voice.

It’s time we flip the mics on and have the first ever community council collaborative progressive role play power podcast!

What do you think?

2 Likes

Just remember that we’ll all be behind you in terms of support and discourse, Dynja. Goes to the other RP’ers on the Council as well.

We’ll definitely will be bringing ideas, concerns and the like to help us all.

3 Likes

Is it maybe too late for PvP though?

Systems take an unsustainable amount of work to balance, but keep being implemented. While they eventually get balanced by the end of an expansion, PvP seasons come and go with massive problems exceeding the usual imbalance.

World PvP communities used to be something very informal that just happened naturally due to the World Defense channel, but it was removed in Legion, and then we got Warmode instead, and I kind of suspect World PvP won’t work if brought back with Warmode. It makes me think that Warmode was Blizzard’s attempt to control another aspect of WoW. Because (rant) modern Blizzard has a weird obsession with needing to control how players play the game, anything that is a sandbox gets eliminated to funnel players into however they think players are “supposed” to engage with the game. This is game design philosophy problem number one.

Game design philosophy problem number two is that, around WoD, Blizzard making a conscious efforts to try to streamline the game into an MLG design. Social media integration became a big thing, pruning started happening, prestige limited time stuff became a lot more promoted (some argue this happened in MoP, though many felt it more strongly in WoD), world first races are now supposed to be some big thing we’re told to be excited about? Though before that it was Arena 3’s, which is why PvP outside of Arena 3’s has largely been neglected.

But in the meantime… they’ve already lost so many big figures in the WoW PvP community. They’d kind of need to be starting over from scratch. Looping back around to this possibility–

They’re specifically looking for people to groom/promote as content creators who will put positive spins on news and controversies. (long term PR route)

3 Likes

Honestly? With warmode around, I don’t know how world pvp can be salvaged. I can’t say much for BGs and arenas and the like, but I think warmode was a bad idea. For the time it was implemented it was a cool gimmick, but as a long term tool I don’t know if it was the best option.

4 Likes

Still irreversibly mad that they destroyed the twinking community. I will never forget and never forgive. That, plus Warmode, plus Chromie Time sharding the old world into oblivion has made bumping into players naturally so much tougher than it should be.

Even worse is that it’s made bumping into NEW players tougher than it should be. Seeing a high level player running around the world with fancy things you have no idea how to get but hey, maybe talking to them I can learn more? That’s how you get natural player interactions, and make new players feel welcome in the world. Not the stupid mentor program that I was so excited to be a part of, but then had to opt out of cause it was too broken.

7 Likes

In retrospect of typing up that rant, I realized I’ve never actually heard another player tell me they were excited about the world first. I only heard it from youtubers telling me why the world first is a huge deal and is super exciting… and they were probably paid by Blizzard to say that, or vying for Blizzard’s favor (since apparently that’s actually a thing, and plays a big role in determining who gets a favored position at Blizzcon and other things). That, or maybe it was for the sake of trying to make a news story… I guess I know mostly casual players, but I never even heard my raider friends talk about it outside of a context of how hard something is or isn’t.

Well, not to crap on anyone who is excited about it but… I literally can’t think of a single player I know that told me they were excited for it.

/tangent

1 Like

Give them hell. I’m sure it won’t be easy, but do your best.

Okay, I’ll tell you- I get excited for the World First. Watching incredibly good raiders play at their best, watching Max raid lead, getting hyped for your favorite team(Mine is Limit), watching mythic bosses at their most dangerous…it’s very fun! You should try it.

I’m late but the only times I’ve been excited about RWF was when mistweavers or prot warriors were there. otherwise… it’s always the same guild it’s been since what, mop? wod? zzzz boring

The Uldir RWF was neat as it was the first time a race was recorded/streamed. Guilds loved their secrecy and then Method risked it all and made bank. I remember watching Sco when they killed the slug and he made something like $60k from the amount of people donating.

And that is now my problem with rwf. Sheer monetization and corporate greed. Sponsorships out the butt. I feel like I’m being bombarded every time I go to any database for Warcraft already. World First is another level of disgusting corporatism.

3 Likes

still no RP thread

theres one about merging factions

no changes in our future yall

im also fairly certain thats a pvpbro trolling us on an alt

The Nyalotha RWF was also fantastic as how hard Limit pulled ahead- watching Christmas fever overtake in Nathria was great- and then watching Limit and Echo fight each other on Painsmith and Slyvanas was unbelievable. How Echo kept managing to pull more damage on checks most people thought were impossible… it was actually very compelling!

Gangs of RPers roaming the streets, shoving non-RPers around, saying “where’s your backstory, huh? Better be dramatic.”

8 Likes

Grabbing raiders by their shirt collars and yelling “DO YOU KNOW WHO THE CROW IS?!?! WHERE IS HE?!?!”

4 Likes

Oh, you can’t wait to run a dungeon with your friends? Not without demonstrating a heartwarming bond between at least two of them.

1 Like

My thoughts.

Edit for further thought: If they are going to have this so called “community” council that is supposedly going to represent me as a player, Blizzard needs to add some kind of down vote option so people, not in the club, can express themselves if they disagree.

3 Likes