[Community Council] Dual Spec, But Different [Fedback Needed!]

Make it activate when you enter a BG only otherwise it will be cheesed. There is no “pvp” spec, its just a spec that is better in pvp

No, just give us DS.

I couldn’t care less how it affects parses or raid clears.

3 Likes

How do you define right? How long did dual spec last (as it was in WotLK)? What changed, and why (as early as Cata)?

Are you solving problems with dual spec? What are they? How are you measuring the effectiveness of solving these problems with dual spec? Does it work?

The logic in me says we probably shouldn’t… But I’m starting to not care anymore. So send it.

Ultimately I agree with you but if they want to do a pvp only DS then it should only be active in BG’s and Arena. I would prefer the real thing as well.

Dual spec is a new feature. Server health/imbalance is a major bug. It is reasonable to point this out in this thread.

Basil, I’m curious if you’ve read my post on the server imbalance topic: Solution to low pop/imbalanced servers: Incentives. If you see any value in this idea, I’d be thrilled to see someone on the CC adapt it to their own vision (and update it, since things have changed since I posted that).

Thank you for representing us.

I understand your approach to enable PVPers. There are hybrid classes that would love to DS as well, tank and healers in particular. However, to code up something unprecedented may be too expensive. Since Classic is a cash grab, they would minimise development cost.

In other Threads, I often advocate for another middle ground, a simple one that the developer can get behind, which requires very little input. Make the respec cost cap at 20g . That is super easy to code, and would not cause anything disruptive to the game.

The only downside is that the gold sink is reduced because this is a pricing adjustment. I guess more people will use the service if it’s reasonably priced. So they could run an A B testing to see if the increase in usage can offset the lost “revenue”.

Tank, heals, and PVPers can have cheaper respec, and be happier as players.

1 Like

I make far more than 20-30g by raiding ssc and tk.

Are you not I counting the raw gold bosses drop?

But I do agree the want for dual spec boils down to “my gold bro” and they try to hide it behind fabrications of “it will make more tanks appear out if thin air” and other nonsense arguments.

I would love this option for PvP. Currently going through 100g per week just in respects so I can enjoy another aspect of the game feels bad.

It will also provide flexibility on when you can PvP. If you raid Tues/Thurs, you can actually PvP on wed instead of raid logging to conserve respec costs.

This would be a very welcomed addition to TBC.

1 Like

People switch specs for more than pvp so no this is not a middle ground.

1 Like

While I personally would use it for pvp I don’t see why anyone should be restricted to just that.

Major city i think is a must as well as a relatively short cd, 30 mins to 1hr. Its long enough to make you consider swapping but not so long as to be preventative.

This is a reasonable middle ground, not full dual spec but understandable restrictions.

Honestly cap the respec price at like 30g and increase the respec price decay to like 5g per week and you’ve pretty much solved the issue

Those restrictions would let people change specs every 2-3 bosses at no cost and very minimal downtime.

But you’re not interested in a middle ground, you want as close to dual spec as you can get away with.

Okay so now you are actually willing to discuss details.

3 hour cool down, there that’s longer than most raid nights, you will not be switching more than maybe once and you’ll be stuck in that off spec. And keep in mind just having to be in a major city will instantly be a turn off for an real guild to frequently try to switch specs.

The only way to enforce a spec that is to be PvP only, would be to make it so that you can only switch to this spec inside an arena or a BG during the time before the match, and when you exit the instance, you revert back.

Sorry guys, afk while I’m sorting my u8, idefilers den is clear.

stop bringing retail as a seemingly legit argument, people dislike retail for many reasons, duel spec is not one of them.

1 Like

Well, maybe for you.

And yet a middle ground has been proposed which addresses your issue with dual spec.

But you refuse to comment on that.

1 Like