[Community Council] Dual Spec, But Different [Fedback Needed!]

IF that’s the case then why made this thread at all?

3 Likes

An excellent question.

Maybe they’ll bring warforging and titanforging to TBC while they’re at it.

They act like they get to call all the shots.

:man_shrugging:

Because I speak for more than just myself. Would you rather me only post what I personally want?
I also recognize that DS could be good for the health of the game. Doesn’t mean I have to want or demand it, though.

1 Like

I agree- honestly, I was thinking about making a deman- oops, I mean, suggestion for the new post-wotlk talent trees and LFR to be added for SWP. Maybe a little bit of transmog if we’re feeling brave

I think you better represent yourself.

That’s probably why I avoid sweeping generalizations and phrased as much as I could in the OOP as “I think xyz” and not “We think” or “The playerbase thinks” etc.

Except for this, I guess, but that sentence still looks accurate to me. :man_shrugging:

I am not sure passive agressive sarcasm is even a safe stance for a CC. Oof.

Tough shoes you wear now though. Good luck.

Well played.

At least you’re not flying off the handle like one of your colleagues!

Hey, nothing wrong with poking some fun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: No passive-aggressiveness intended. Definitely not planning on doing…

[gestures vaguely] …that, though. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I didn’t take your reply to me ad passive aggressive. I got it. I chuckled.

You were rather dismissive with others when challenged. At least that’s my perception.

Assuming everyone who took the mantle of Community Council did so with the greatest intentions to help, it’s not coming across that way. This isn’t singling you out by any means. I’m talking about the CC as a whole.

Oh yeah, for sure. I mean, there’s a lot of redundant topics, a lot of far-away wishlist topics; hey, maybe this post is included in that? I do think everyone has good intentions, but with no real direction or suggestion from Blizz it’s just kinda turned into a free-for-all-see-what-ideas-stick.
Thankfully a lot of genuinely important topics got brought up, for both retail and TBC. At this point I’m just hoping for some responses from blues.
I’m not perfect either- the past ~10 days on the CC has definitely been a lot of talking in circles and rehashing the same handful of conversations, so I occasionally get a bit short with folks if I ever feel the conversation spinning its wheels. Sometimes it’s just not worth the argue, but I do try my best.
If you do have any feedback I could possibly pass along besides how much we’d both love crossrealm LFD asap I’d love to hear it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Get in touch with Blizzard for guidance.

There needs to be some rules set. You guys apparently need some clear and attainable goals. That part isn’t on you… Blizzard dropped the ball.

I had to deal with that with my current job, so I can sympathize.

Also… Don’t melt down in public. :grin:

3 Likes

I tried to give some insight into dual spec specifically in my reply to the council post. Hopefully it made sense.

I think people are expecting “too much” from something that’s barely over a week old right during the holidays. Heck, we got content being hashed out currently in classic on the PTR that they’re rushing to fix so that they can get the ball rolling on testing that but keep having issues. It’s not as simple as people think to just turn things on.

With regards to lack of blizz response (on classic issues) you have to understand they can’t just read the post and go “yeah lets say this” it’s far more complicated than that especially when it comes to something potentially systems related. They have a lot of red tape they have to go through just to post one small detail it’s honestly shocking.

I’d expect a response to the server issue soon but I can’t say for sure when. I just know that one is in the works.

Also keep in mind that they likely won’t respond to every discussion even if we’d like them to. There’s also only about 33% of council members invited so far. Lots of factors at play that people are just ignoring and dooming about.

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely. I agree with really most of what you said, ive just been meaning to find the time to give you a well thought out response <3

I want to give it time more than anything for them to start to respond. Given their prior glacial response times I’m almost impressed we have as many as we do at the moment.

There’s a lot of people who will just see the CC as one big pit of failure no matter what we post and what responses we elicit; just lots of folks mad for the sake of being mad. And honestly, I get it.

Perfect time to reiterate to people to just give them time. Like you said, even them hinting or insinuating at something vaguely concrete has got to be sifted through a dozen layers of confirmation and agreement within and even outside of the Classic team.

That is a Blizzard/Activision specific issue with how bad those companies are.
Other companies around the world have no issues with allowing their PR department to do their job.

One would think that a PR manager would be more qualified than the CEO or the investors at managing communication with players.

1 Like

Well sure but that’s because the blue’s are kept on a very tight leash and have been for a long time, ever since one of them had a pretty epic meltdown on the forums. But there was a time where blue’s actively engaged in real conversation with the player base.

1 Like

After reading your posts on the community council forums, I have very little hope of anything good coming from this whole community council thing.

Firstly, classic is way underrepresented in that council forum.

Secondly, the simple fact you mentioned tokens as a possible solution, even as a “last resort”, in your post about Botting is disturbing to me.

Thirdly, this whole PvP only spec thing just doesn’t work in concept. Just add dual spec or don’t, have a CD on it if you want, but don’t make it overcomplicated for no reasons.

Fourthly, as expected from Blizzard, they don’t even talk with the people they elected in the community.

Lastly, at least you went and made a thread on here where us peasants can pitch in, so I’ll at least give you that.

Copy paste from the original blue post from back in the day when they added dual spec:

Nethaera : Why are we allowing players to dual spec after all this time?

Ghostcrawler : We really felt like this was a great way to increase the flexibility available to players and encourage them to take part in more aspects of the game.

To use just one example, some players like to participate in both raids and Arenas, which is awesome behavior that we want to promote.

But, there are some talents which are more useful in one part of the game than another. Currently, players have to pay respec costs and go through the process of setting up the desired talent spec and action bars whenever they switch.

The new system makes this a much more logical process, saving on time and cost and allowing players to easily move from one aspect of the game to another.”

1 Like

Yeah, but the modern sweatlord meta sheep wants things to be as inconvenient for casuals as possible. If you’re not a no-life player, you might as well not play.

:man_shrugging:

No, we just don’t want the game to be changed in a way that goes directly against the origional design intentions of the origional game.

I have nothing against dual spec being in wotlkc where it belongs. But it doesn’t belong in tbcc.

I actively play about 10 hours a week on average and clear all raid content, pvp, and farm enough gold to regularly respec, pay for consumes, exc. And level an alt now and then (not quickly mind you, he gets only a few levels a week)

I’m logged in for more than 10 hours, but actively playing is about 10 hours a week. I do a lot of AH stuff where I buy raw items, then vendor 100s of items while afk and usually end up vendoring them for a profit (though once my alt is leveled I will have some crafting professions to make potions and elixirs to make with herbs to AH for a profit) I currently have 1 lvl 70. I’m not no living living game, but I’m also not raid logging. Raids took my guild about 5 hours before the nerfs (we had 6 hours dedicated to raids at the start) and it takes about 3.5 hours after the nerfs so that’s has freed up more time for me to pvp lately, and still have a few hours a week for farming, playing the AH, exc.

So by no means do you need no life to afford “regular” respecs. I change specs twice a week. Raid nights I am pve raid speced. The rest of the week I am in a pvp spec. Tbc is designed to not have players changing specs without a care by the design intentions of the origional devs.