Community Council Discussion

Does anyone else feel as if the CC Discussion was a PR thing which truly did not reflect the player base’s wants and needs for Classic WoW and Classic WoTLK?
A lot of contradictions were there in the video, and I am left feeling confused, angry, and unsure of how the direction of the game is going.
I know these people have a difficult task of being a bridge between players and the devs, but when devs have their gates shut, and the bridges are poorly built, it’s a little frustrating to digest what was said.

Edit: also, the communication with the implementation of newer features to the game, such as the WoW Token. Not an original feature. Yet, they wish to maintain the integrity of the game as it “was.” Not that I have a problem with said token, but if they wanted to keep it as close to the original as possible, then they have already contradicted themselves.

12 Likes

The problem is…

Polarized demographics; meaning that we’re divided on what we want out of the game.

This is why #nochanges was the best policy for everyone; we all knew what to expect from each expac and should have respected each one as so, even if BC could have used dual spec as what was a popular discussion then.

7 Likes

Where is it going? Its retail and p2w and pretty much over. Its now a vacation spot for whales and the few people left without the integrity to take their friend groups to privates/diff games.

3 Likes

That’s fair. When there are so many people playing this game, there are many voices that all don’t get heard. However, one of the best things to come from this mess are the plethora of people who are contributing to the discourse on the forums, which I really appreciate, so thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think a huge issue with the chat is that there really wasn’t any real discussion on topics that were brought up. It was just a checklist of things that they needed to talk about. Saying that they are making Heroic++ so that your main characters can get their remaining 10m BiS items? I don’t really think that is what anyone asked for honestly. What are our thoughts on that?

1 Like

You’re right I didn’t. I have a 4-piece Naxx set I got without setting foot in Naxx and for what? I don’t plan to raid, not in the traditional classic sense.

The dungeon pecking order has been destroyed as a result of +; reg and heroic nonplus dungeons are nearly non-existent.

No need to destroy + now, it’s here to say, but just offset of with RDF for the lower diff, lower level dungeons and may we live happily ever after.

Honestly, the community council as a whole has always felt a bit fishy for me. They’re totally vague about how those people are chosen, and the actual discussion happening on their forum always seems to lead to feelings of “Why aren’t they talking about X/Y/Z issue!?”

To be fair though, it’s understandable that they shifted over to interacting with the CC rather than the whole population. Every single blue post on these forums is spammed with completely unrelated, indiscriminate hatred, and/or the first 50 replies are “bUt WhAt AbOuT dUnGeOn FiNdEr!?” It’s no wonder they have no interest in communicating with a playerbase of petulant children that deliberately tries to make them feel hated and mocked all the time. I’d probably insulate myself from it too, if I was pulling the strings.

This community is absolutely horrible. It seems like poetic justice that this horrible company and its community deserve one another completely.

2 Likes

I would just like to get some form of dialog about this. I see you are from Grobbulus, I am playing on Bloodsail. What is your experience overall like over there?

1 Like

How do we reach this conclusion? For all we know half the players on here are just a couple people using alts to keep threads active.

This forum is set up to muddy discussion before it even begins.

1 Like

You make it sound as if we’re going to swarm classic and impose the token, LFR, transmog, and vanquish the classic community for good.

Unless you were still talking about the council, in that case my mistake; however, my point still applies.

You don’t see us trying to come to classic to try and retail it up. Wrath is the version that lends itself to that.

Wait, what?

That’s not the impression I got from their post at all.

That felt like a zing to us.

I have a topic on designing our own servers. Customizable World of Warcraft

Let the classic Andys design their own utopia and let us casuals design ours. Either that, or we have to learn to compromise and allow/disallow things we like/don’t like.

Grobb is nice. It’s one of the more balanced servers out there. We have our toxic trolls but not as bad as other servers.

I might have misinterpreted, but that’s what i got from their conclusion.

1 Like

Ah, I gotcha fam, that can happen with text discourse, so no worries.
I think that the player base, CC, and Blizzard are really not able to adequately discuss in earnest what happens with the game and how we’d like to have alternative ways to enjoy the same game at different paces.

The true thing that threw me through the ringer was when they said “Most guilds are farming Ulduar,” which according to many logs and other sources of information, I believe to not be the case.

Can you be more specific? It’s unclear what your post is really complaining about.

Not really, your view is quite myopic. The reality is Blizzard and WoW has a botting problem. Botting, to the degree it was happening in Classic Wrath, was not true to the original game either. Moreover, botting was excedingly harmful to the game as well.

What sense is there to remain authentic if it’s killing the game? That would be incredibly shortsighted. So they went with the lesser of two evils, which is the WoW token. Having the WoW token in Wrath provides an experience closer to original Wrath than not having the WoW token did, as no WoW token allows the continued infestation of bots.

You need to actually think about this dilemma more. It’s not as simple as “omg change = contradiction”. It requires a more nuanced perspective.

1 Like

At the end of the day, it boils down to which demographic will be more profitable.

They may have taken a no-RDF stance to begin with because that is where the wind was blowing then.

As we can see with the token; things, demographics, can change.

1 Like

It absolutely was. This community seems to be made up of a bunch of entitled zoomers who didn’t play the original game, or bitter WoW boomers who have to deal the zoomers and with Activision masquerading in Blizzard’s desecrated corpse. And very few people otherwise.

And of course, I’m referring to the section of the community that actively voices their opinions and feelings about the game, here or elsewhere.

Totally agree. Grobbulus gives me some old WoW vibes and I love it. Relatively speaking, it feels like the Grobb Mob is a pretty “best foot forward” part of the Classic community overall.

1 Like

The community has always been like that. It even caused GC to stop posting as much and he was the last Dev that truly tried to communicate. There is no playerbase in gaming ever since forums were a thing where hostility wasnt present.

Classic was never going to be any different.

You mean the hand-picked by Blizzard “Community Council” that was in no way whatsoever determined based on feedback with the actual playerbase?

Hrmm… do you really think that it’s possible such a council would make statements favorable to Blizzard rather than representative of the players? :woman_shrugging: