Community Council discussion on Hunter design

I have a few thoughts id like to address so far.
Barrage is a poor designed spell and placing it in its current position is annoying. Id personally prefer it be scrapped and replaced with something else. Readiness or sniper training are a couple i was disappointed that didnt make a return, perhaps one of them. An improved Hunter’s Mark that brings back our raid buff would be nice as well. At the very least, swap positions with Master Marksman.

I also think Lone Wolf and Serpentstalker’s Trickery should be flipped in the spec tree. Like Barrage, thats another talent that shouldn’t be placed as a road block but more on a stand alone route, either off by itself like Quick Load, or in position where theres other routes to get to the other side like Trick Shots or Improved Rapid Fire.

2 Likes

Fogged Crystal and Nesingwary’s are in the class tree. I get what you’re saying, but what would you give up in the SV spec tree (aside from Deadly Duo which you already mentioned) for Cluster Bombs?

Has Animal Companion been broken this entire time?

It hasn’t been working correctly no.

There’s a hidden deficit aura that, by intent, should apply to both the main pets, lowering the damage they both deal by 35%. But for some reason, due to implementation methods, it instead affects all summoned pets, guardians, etc. Like any guardian you get from a trinket, or companions you get while questing, like Pocopoc in ZM. Unless they fix it in some way before 10.0, it will also affect talent based summons like Dire Beasts, pets from Call of the Wild, etc.

I am so far out of the loop, I didn’t realize there was a bug doing this. Does that mean if you are using a trinket or two with a guardian, it might be better to run a different talent? Or is the bug damage reduction negligible in that regard?

Why do people want ranged survival hunter? You want to be a mail affliction? Is that what im supposed to get from it?

2 Likes

Why do people want melee Survival Hunter? You want to be a mail Arms? Is that what I’m supposed to get from it?

18 Likes

Right now, I’m at the summer camp that I’ve worked for the last 6 summers. I’ll be up here 2 weeks… I’ll post whenever I can, but I won’t be active much.

When I do find the time to post, I will be directly linking the few threads on here (direct feedback on the trees), but as for me personally? I’m not much of a numbers or mechanism person. Sorry. :confused:

3 Likes

We fought tooth and nail to get throughput removed from Hunter’s Mark in the SL beta, and all the reasons for that anguish still apply. Please do not give them a reason to return to that idea.

3 Likes

They can’t answer this question, because they haven’t given it thought. It’s easier, and lazier, to just fall in line.

Nessingwary being in the Class Tree might have been fun to play with without losing out on comparatively a lot like in the case of legenaries (having to take Nessingwary over something else) but with the wording changed from how it’s been since legion (requiring successful usage on Frost Trap exclusively) it has rendered it useless in a LOT of scenarios. Still could be good in M+ if you don’t need the CC but as soon as you need CC :-1: :-1: :-1:

If possible for bm hunters can you ask them to make barbed shot’s bleed either rollover like fire mage ignite or just have them all apply as separate bleeds like old aff warlock unstable affliction?

Dumping back to back barbed shot into the target knowing that those bleeds are just going to waste feels so bad to play.

Can you also ask them if the new DF barbed shot is no longer a focus generator?

3 Likes

Your fine, i understand real life happens, i wont fault you for that, however, there were others claiming that the hunter trees weren’t that bad when frankly, there are already videos out describing how disgustingly bad they are.

Exactly

Where does it operate like that at all? We dont have a MS outside of a pet that the other specs get too, we dont have anything Arms gets. Weak argument. Whats worse is 7 people stupidly agreed with you lmfao

Oh no, youtubers made a video. Its gotta be bad now!

1 Like

It not that, tho. Anyone with a clear head can see the trees, especially surv, are garbo and need reworked.

1 Like

I learned long ago that no matter what blizzard does with SV, people gonna mald over whatever. I seen many people like whats done to it and of course the hunter forums are salty for (insert reason here) and of course (this isnt what I wanted). If you dont like it dont play it I guess. Looks like its gonna be fun to mess around with the trees again. Then again I dont just hate everything in the world at all times so theres that. Cheers!

SV going great

7 Likes

Exactly.

But, you know, rexxar. Lmfao

3 Likes

Honestly, blizz is completely out of ideas for msv, and its completely obvious at this point. When they base 2/3rds of a tree on passive bonuses to KC, kill shot, and harpoon, you know its time to call it quits and make surv ranged again.

2 Likes

This expectation is far too reasonable hahaha.