Community Council discussion on Hunter design

fury of the eagle. it’s weird that they put it as the final point in a row of bomb talents when the right side is spear focused. final point could be clusters or mad bombardier

BM talents looks like it’s designed by someone that plays BM, not bad.

MM and SV on the other hand, lookin pretty bad.

General hunter talents have no major defensives, we’re essentially losing up to 3 defensive conduits. We’re squishy already, we will be paper in Dragonflight.

Quick and easy solution(s):

• FD conduit
  • Ironhawk for passive DR all the time

My top prio for Marksman:

1. Rework Marksman completely, remove aimed shot charges, rework precise shots, rework Trueshot.

If a complete rework is untenable, then the following are top priority:

1. Rework Trueshot so it’s not the worst DPS CD in the game.
  2. Remove Trickshots minimum requirement of 3 targets.

With the way it’s looking, MM issues are pretty much the same as what they were in BFA beta, in BFA, in SL Beta, and finally in SL. The only difference will be there is no Wild Spirits or Unblinking vigil legendary to carry Marksman in Dragonflight.

:thinking:

1 Like

Honestly, here is what id do.

Remove deadly duo for cluster bombs. No one wants or needs bomb/kill shot synergy. Its complete garbo.
Remove fury for mad bombadier. Spears at the end of a bomb build just shows blizz’s incompetence.
Move fury to center and just delete birds of prey. Its a horrible talent and should not remain.

Then for the class tree.

Delete nesingwary’s. Its horrible.
Move steel trap to intimidation’s place and then move intimidation to scare beast place. Delete scare beast. This way there are traps together and the pet build isnt 100% wasteful with scare beast.
Move trap cd talent to fogged crystal location and delete crystal.
Move chimera shot to where the trap cd talent was.
In the center, add a covenant ability where chimera shot was then add its leggo after that.
Delete chakrums.

Still figuring out.
Moving barrage.
Moving serpent sting.

This is the BASE MINIMUM that needs to happen to get surv and the hunter class tree back on track.

Hope you enjoy it!

But here some thoughts for when you have time.

I have looked at the tree so far and the only change I think the main hunter tree should have is the 3 point 2/4/6% movement speed should be buffed to a 1 point 6% movement speed talent.

But on the Survival side…we have to start the tree with zero choices and we have to pay for it Raptor strike that should be baseline and the start of the tree should start at ferocity and/or harpoon, not Raptor strike.

Terms of engagment should be merged with harpoon as part of base harpoon and Lung should be moved into its spot as a 1 point for 3yds melee range. Then fury of the Eagle should be moved into the old Lung location closer to the carve/butchery part of the tree and Wildfire Cluster should be added to the bottom of the tree where Fury of the Eagle is currently.

Aside from that id like to see a lot of the damage % buffs spread around the tree buffed to 1 to 2 talent point investments instead of 3 based on future alpha testing as freeing up more points than I have already done so far will improve hunter player power but also the feel and gameplay of the spec

I don’t understand how they would be out of ideas. ‘Midrange’ fighters aren’t a new concept, a ton of games have them.

If they replaced the flat % increases with some interesting build options like:

• KC gives a physical dr 5/10/15% for 8s
  • Replace WFB with Shrapnel Bomb
  • Serpent Sting application increases Eagle by 1.5s w/ 2nd pick Each SS tick increases Eagle by 0.5s
  • Each Raptor strike during Eagle has a 12/18/24% chance to cast Murder of Crows on your target

You know… just interesting and fun options…

I just dont find “midrange” fun. I know games have them but wow doesnt need it. Its built around ranged or melee. So using the other games excuse doesnt really justify it in wow. Besides, if it was a midrange, it would just be considered a melee and fight for limited spots just like msv does already.
Besides, like ive said, trying to make two things out of surv right now will just convolute the crap out of things. Besides, the surv tree is ALREADY a huge dumpster fire.

Well i mean I appreciate that midrange fighters aren’t everyone’s choice but aside from SV nothing in wow really fits, and those of us who like it shouldn’t get punished when there’s other options for people who don’t like it

1 Like

I love ranged surv from LK and have been getting punished for it since they trashed it into melee. So hows your potential suffering different then my current suffering?

Its not.

4 Likes

So a ranged dot spec with higher than cloth armor and a pet. Literally an affliction warlock

3 Likes

And a “midrange” is the garbo msv that it is now with just 5 extra yards.

Your point?

2 Likes

He confidently says this while SV Hunters are trying to hype up a literal copy of Fists of Fury :clown_face:

The point is: if they’re not going to go back to rsv, dont get mad at people who like msv. Not my fault they changed it and it’s none of your concern that i like msv

5 Likes

No, you HOPE they dont go back to rsv.

Besides, you advocating for anything other then rsv makes it my concern.

1 Like

Oh yea, i forgot about msv being ww 2.0 from the past before they took away fury.

No you literally decided to make it your problem.

3 Likes

Idk what you’re even talking about, i picked up survival in SL S1

1 Like

Nope. Anyone who advocates for the trash msv just welcomes the debate.

We all have to suffer from its existence, so its everyones problem.

3 Likes

Or, and hear me out, you can let it go? Afaik a ton of people have been begging for rsv back ever since the change and after all this time they haven’t done it so it looks like they’re not going to any time soon

1 Like

Nope. Wont ever let it go. Not until it gets changed back.
Yes, TONS of players want it back. MSV is the least represented spec in the game since its switch from ranged. Since then, even with this tier’s overtuned tier set ( the ONLY reason why its viable), it averages near the bottom of the dps logs with feral and arcane.

There is substantial evidence that MSV has been a complete and absolute failure since they changed it. The only fix is to return to RSV.

3 Likes

MSV pretty popular in pvp :thinking:

2 Likes