[Community Council] Botting, RMT, Dual Spec and More - Feedback Needed

As long as that’s clear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because this “community rep” is some random they picked who isn’t actually a rep but some normie with normie opinions. 100 percent will be ignored by blizz and is just a meme

1 Like

Yes, it is clear that people want the changes that they want. Big brain takes in the chat rn

The conversation is about how to improve the game, not your personal wishlist.

“my personal wish list” is obviously my perspective on how to improve the game imagine pretending your take is objective vs someone else’s being subjective lmfao jfc

There are things that I’m an advocate for that I don’t even want, but recognize that it’s for the health of the game.

And there is where it all lies. Perfect representation of the state of SoM.

Personal changes with no concern for the longevity or health of the game

we need more variation in types of milk in the game
as of tbc there is only ice cold milk
i do not know a single person who does not want more milk

jon

3 Likes

In your opinion aka subjective

In your opinion

My wants are healthy servers with a stable population with Blizzard having the financial incentive to do so.

Your wants are personal teleports to dungeons because you cba with them or what anyone else wants.

1 Like

Yeah because all the players that pushed for a dumbed down simpler PvP grind really care about the game.

Example: current state of SoM

1 Like

Sounds like an opinion

My #1 hope for future SoM seasons is for the devs to consider Vanilla WoW racial weapon skill “rebalancing.” Or, consider methods of increasing the supply/availability of Edgemaster’s somehow, either through an expensive crafting recipe, or changing up/adding loot tables where it drops. This is an extreme change, but I’m extremely burned out on grinding for edgies and the thought of having to do it again every Season of X is exhausting.

This suggestion is coming from someone who has been playing warrior for half of their lifetime, and in recent years only focused on Vanilla/classic servers. I have played Tauren, Undead, Orc, Human, Gnome and now Dwarf warriors up to 60, including raiding, PvP/ranking, etc. on vanilla servers. Including multiple Tauren and multiple Orcs.

Weapon skill is a really interesting quirk of Vanilla and I enjoy the math and mechanics of it. But it is also the strongest PvE racial ability by a ridiculous margin, that is enjoyed by only one race on each faction, without the help of very rare / expensive item(s). Edgies are already 2k+ on some servers and SoM hasn’t been out for a month yet. No doubt they will reach heights of 6-8k+ within a few months, just as they did on many classic servers.

This is a problem because it makes race choice for warriors way more impactful than it is for any other class by far, due to the extreme scarcity of weapon skill. It’s totally out of wack when compared with the race consequences of other classes. It also makes very little sense from a lore perspective. For example, what is the justification for humans having mace skill, when Tauren and Dwarves do not? Orcs having axe skill but Trolls and Dwarves do not? Humans having sword skill but Undead do not? I am not arguing for homogenization by any means, but more for just a bit more fairness.

Anyway that’s my rant. I don’t enjoy playing the market like a venture capitalist. I just like to play, grind some rep, farm dungeons, raid, PvP, etc. Gold comes in but generally not fast enough to overtake the increasing/inflating price of Edgies. The need to farm thousands of gold for every fresh server to get Edgies is always extremely painful if I go with an off meta race. I’m sure others can relate.

IMO - the biggest thing hurting the game is population management. Blizzard relies too heavily on paid transfer revenue and basically takes a hands-off approach to server populations, but this creates all kinds of player created problems.

If they want to keep paid transfers, fine. But they should implement incentives to encourage players to balance themselves better and stop the massive flock towards mega servers.

They should implement server queue’s for over populated realms, free transfers OFF over populated realms, and faction queue’s for PvP realms that have tipped too far one way.

Ignoring these issues inevitably leads to dead servers, which of course is the biggest reason most people unsub.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. There’s a post on the CC about the state of TBC servers and transfers and I plan on expanding upon my response to it with suggestions of merges and restricted transfers. I am hoping to get some answers/plans/clarification before WotLK-C drops and the population explodes again and presents them with another opportunity to bungle things.

1 Like

That is fantastic that Blizz has selected a rep to gather info on the classic community! here is my take from the perspective of a non-raider, non-pvp’er.

I feel like blizzard’s primary focus is on the end game content only, and everything prior to it is just an inconvenience. To people like me, the pre60 content is the best part about the game. Most of my best experience has been running early level dungeons with other at-level players. I think the game is at its best when there is a good mix of people at every bracket level, instead of only in the 55-60 bracket. The 4ever classic has this problem. Its dominated by mostly lev60’s that you can’t even get an on-level run in for earlier level dungeons anymore. Raids are more common than smaller dungeon runs, its sad.

Having said that, i would like to see an ‘experience lock’ feature so it gives players option to stay at a level they are having fun in and not be forced to level up. Here are my other reasons why this is such an important option:

1. I think it will greatly diversify every bracket level and not be so lopsided at lev60 only.
  2. friends and spouses can level up together. Its very difficult to coordinate with friend’s busy schedule when to play. It would be great if I can lock down the experience until my buddy shows up, so we can level up together. I’ve seen lots of infighting among couples because one decided to play without the other being present. Experience locking will be a tremendous feature for family oriented players.

I would like Blizzard to be aware there are lot of us that don’t care for end game content, but more interested in the journey to 60. And we want to focus on playing and leveling with family and friends.

1 Like

I think that’s absolutely one of the most beautiful parts of Classic; yes, there’s things to do at 60, yes it’s the end game, but there’s literally an entire rich world out there before then. The game IS leveling up and enjoying the ride for a long time before you reach level cap, vs retail where you zug and LFD dungeons until you ding a couple hours later and get chucked into oribos. I think the feeling of the open world and enjoying the grind to level is super important to keep.
Not having a way to halt XP is something that twinks have been frustrated with for a long time; while I don’t think many folks would use the feature compared to the overarching playerbase, I see no reason to not add a simple toggle for it like it is in retail. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lot of us old original wow players are married with kids now, and I just thought it could be a really good selling point for blizzard when a simple feature allows for and entire family to play at the same time and level up together, without being held hostage buy one person’s busy schedule.
My honest thought on hardcore pvp’ers? they will complain about EVERYTHING.lol. They have their own pvp servers. PVE servers should cater to the mass and family as priority.

Blizzard is not your marriage counselor.