Communication for feedback

Please.
Some communication.
Anything.
It doesn’t have to be an answer, just let us know you’re at least reading feedback from classic general.

2 Likes

Dude there was not much of a chance for a blue to respond here as was. After that last fiasco? Ha. We’re going to be lucky to see patch notes again.
Blizz does not want to communicate and they’re not going to. It’s that simple.
Want them to communicate? Get every single player to /unsub and state their reason being lack of communication.
Even then. Blizz has learned it’s lesson with this playerbase. It’s never going to be like it was back in the day.
We ruined that because people took it too far.

7 Likes

I saw a blue response to a thread the other day. It wasn’t anything meaningful, like addressing concerns players have but just basically joining the conversation. I’m sure Kaivexx reads a lot of forums, but in reality this game is released as close to as it was as they could muster. Remember all the “Not a bug” responses around launch time? Most complaint threads here would likely fall under that same category, thus CM’s aren’t going to devs to let us know about fixes for stuff that was part of the original game.
I do suspect they post on non blues though to join the conversations without everyone riding them for replying to fun threads instead of all the complaint ones.

1 Like

Ask the Community Managers how that worked out for them the last time.

5 Likes

This.
Look up Tseric forum meltdown. That’s why they don’t engage us. This multiple avatar system is a troll’s paradise and allows more people to be…ahem. Just put a word in there that means not nice. Lol.

1 Like

Oh, I’m talking about the one that happened last week.

2 Likes

This forum feels like that creepy ex who won’t stop texting, calling, mailing, fb messaging, and showing up at their exes house at all hours of the night just wanting to “talk it out” even though they’ve been broken up for 5 yrs and have been told to hit the road multiple times.

5 Likes

Oh the overtly racist one the blue casually replied to? Yea. That’s definitely not going to encourage them to engage with this trollbase. I mean playerbase. Lol

1 Like

I think the responses he recieved were measured and appropriate.

Are you blaming Kaivax’s error in judgement on the playerbase that all but screamed to him the nature of the thread?

1 Like

I am sure they do look at what is on the forum. Just currently the practice is most likely to summarize hot topics on the forum to developers rather than directly responding to people on the forum. But that is only a small task compared to the majority of what they actually do in the forums. Which is basically moderating the threads.

No. He made that reply all on his own but that situation will keep blizz gun shy so to speak. Regarding posting in casual “fun” threads.
Basically. Killed any hope for engagement from blizz.

1 Like

X amount of player have a problem, that if not fixed, will drop. Blizz won’t fix them and have 2 options.

A) Say it, and make those player drop now
B) Don’t Say it, and milk those player a bit more, and who know, some even won’t drop.

Or maybe he learned a valuable lesson that day. Context matters in regard to OPs, and if players are yelling to you that something is wrong, perhaps once in a while they should be heeded.

Blizzard communicates with players on a daily basis. Just not with classic players.
Classic General and retal general forums are not magically made up of a different sort of customer base. The reason that they “engage” as much as they do with GD, and how little they do with classic forum, is not due to the players. It is an obvious unwillingness to communicate regarding one game over the other.

2 Likes

Yea, it’s obvious there’s more attention toward retail than classic by looking at that post.

They can sit there and say ‘well look at what happened when Kaivax posted’ but that’s what happens when you don’t address ANYTHING ELSE.

Even if the context of that thread was so oblivious to the CM, we still would like issues addressed. All the random conversations would be great, but address these issues first… which doesn’t seem like they care about this classic player base.

I’m not sure what you want them to say about Classic vs. Retail. This isn’t a game in development. It’s going to have very minimal changes from what it was 15 years ago regardless of how many forum posts there are stating opinions about spell batching, AV cues and the like.
Retail, on the other hand, is a work in constant progress. If enough people say “Something broke my Mechagon” they’d be more likely to look into it and provide feedback if it’s something that needs to be hotfixed.

Never say die.
Quitting is for the weak.

Oh, come off it. That’s on par with “Well, the CM shouldn’t have posted an opinion we didn’t like”.

You’re proving you don’t really believe that CMs can’t give you info they don’t have or haven’t been permitted to.

Keep on providing examples of why they should never, ever post anything but official news.

I’ve been out of the loop for a while, what happened?