Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

Now we just need to wait for them to add PVP vendors, amirite?!

5 Likes

Anyone complaining about this is just trying to get on the next episode of Taliesin and Evitel.

Love this! Thank you!

3 Likes

That’s exactly what people do when they argue against something and then it ends up happening.

They cling to whatever they can to try to discredit people in support of something. I think it’s pretty funny when that’s someone’s first instinct when they see a thread like this.

But of course if you point out how silly it is you get branded a troll :grinning:

1 Like

It’s not cynical, it’s how they gauge things… that’s how they explained their ‘‘fun’’ metric by seeing how many people played a certain bit of content.

They are definitely desperate given the ‘‘get the cloak’’ bit and just trying to get people to do the 8.3 content. It should be clear.

If people want to do the wakening essences all over again then that’s on them, feels boring.

4 Likes

What is the cost of the essences for alts?

How much currency will we earn from various activities?

Account wide essences are long overdue. I just want more info before I get too excited.

13 Likes

Make it so if I have Revered / Exalted Rustbolt rep on my main that I can purchase ANY of the Rustbolt rep essences for all 3 roles on my alt.

Currently Druids, Paladins and Monks are at a distinct advantage here as they are able to purchase essences for all 3 roles, which makes them advantageous to have as a main over other non-hybrids.

Basically, I have to grind out the Rustbolt rep on my tank alt to get Nullification Dynamo just because I don’t main a Druid/Paladin/Monk and don’t have access to buying every essence as result. (Even though I’ve already done the Rustbolt exalted grind on my main), I’m punished because my main doesn’t have a tank spec.

Anyone that happens to main a druid, monk or paladin has simple access to purchasing essences for any role (healer/tank/dps) and only has to do the grind once no matter what.

That is not overly fair imo and should be changed.

4 Likes

Just finished grinding most of the essences on my alt, so this is a bit late for me, but it DOES mean I can play my other 2 specializations without having to grind more spare crates! Hallelujah!!

1 Like

It’s true. I always try to keep an open mind, never thought they’d do something like this, they really seemed against it but did it (for various reasons I’d bet) but if people are happy about it then great.

I just never got the people who always would complain about others complaining or whatever it was. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

still really dont understand why we have to buy them at all… another crap half-measure done ages after people have been asking for it

6 Likes

FINALLY, I was spending all of this time waiting to play my alts.

1 Like

Better late than never

1 Like

This is a direct result of me submitting a ticket due to the destruction of alts in 8.3. You are all welcome.

2 Likes

Jesus, nothing they do satisfies the unwashed masses. People whining for account-wide essences for months, they finally implement something to give players that and it’s STILL not enough.

2 Likes

In case you all missed it, Ion is happy about this change too!

5 Likes

Time to find another game.

I’m completely shocked they did this. I understand the sentiment of power progression being tied to characters but it gets frustrating when they keep throwing more icing on the cake, to the point where I didn’t even want to play my alts. Now I will.

3 Likes

They did say for the essences that you are eligible. So don’t be too certain on the facts before they are released … just sayin.

Clearly you don’t watch the stream of any top end raiders/mythic+/pvpers, because all of them hate the essence system and have asked for accountwide essences since 8.2. This includes world first raiders and MDI champions, all asking for it. Limit Max, jdotb, gingi, naowh, zmok, etc I have seen them all complain about essences for alts. They really need their alts to have full rank 3s to compete so obviously they hate having to repeat the same boring grinds as much as anyone else. But hey guess they’re just “casuals” too.

1 Like

This comment should be on the next weekly reset lol

3 Likes