Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

Firstly, as a druid main, you forgot monks. Secondly I agree but that the previous cost should still be there

Love this so much

8 Likes

Yay :partying_face:

I only have one rank 3 though. Time to grind out a few more and I can buy em on my alts. Sweet :birthday:

Oh boy, so I have to farm content on my alt with one or no essences to earn this currency to buy essences I already earned? Literally an ATM machine; “Thanks for letting me buy my own money”.

Can’t wait to get 50 “currency” per activity and have the essences, THAT I ALREADY EARNED, cost 1,000 “currency”. Such a disconnected dev team…

4 Likes

Always corrupt gear from horrific visions is great
A side way of account wide essences is great

Last thing you need to fix the patch is now nerf the titanic console by 50% so alts can get access to gift of the titans\elite exterminator much quicker to put full clears and mask runs on the table for them.

1 Like

Whoa. That’s actually good news. Better late than never.
I’d like to see the cost and the drop rate for that currency before celebrating, though.

Also I’d like to ask to add some alternate way to obtain the Condensed Life Force essence, as Eternal Palace raid groups are currently very scarce. As an affliction warlock main I’d be thankful.

Oh, and change the R1 Blood of the enemy requirement so it doesn’t need a PvP Island. This mode is too unpopular and queues take forever. Change it for an arena skirmish or another battleground, or maybe a CTA quest completion.

5 Likes

Tbf ppl have been wanting accountwode essences, not another potential currency grind

6 Likes

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!! The essences are flowing again!

1 Like

Very true, I totally forgot about monk! :stuck_out_tongue: I edited my post. Thank you for the reminder <3

1 Like

Are you guys going to help people like myself who only play one character get essences? I don’t play alts this change does nothing for me.

It is still over a month before I can get “Conflict and Strife” because of timegating. Get rid of time gating please.

1 Like

#feedback matters
#Blizz reads the forums
#MakeAltsgreat again

To the naysayers and doubters time to have some crow.

:bird: :bird: :bird:

3 Likes

I don’t mind working towards things. It was the fact they expected us to do the same. Exact. Grind. On every character we wanted to play that was an issue.

Personally I’m not celebrating yet. I will wait to see how much the essences will cost. If it’s like 3-4 weeks for one essence, then they might as well have not even done this as you could earn the essences in the same amount of time on alts.

17 Likes

I’m reading it as: “If you have earned any of the essences for Naz or Mechagon on any character, including even just rank 1, the rest of just those essences, even rank 3 ones, will be available to other characters to buy. For all other essences (not associated with Naz or Mechagon rep), one of your characters will need to have the rank 3 essence for alts to buy that essence from the vendor.

I read it that way since they’ve already indicated they consider Naz and Mechagon outdated content now. (Which is too bad, but that’s a different discussion.)

I am very happy to hear this. I will be starting to gather cloaks on alts and seeing about being able to play them again. However, to those rolling their eyes that we complain this is too late… it IS too late. Alts which were fully functional before the essences were dumped in our lap are crippled now from spending too much time on the shelf. It will take more work to get them BACK up to speed than it would have taken to KEEP them up to speed, had we not had to stop playing them thanks to essences.

That said, I’m also very firmly in the better late than never corner and I appreciate the change.

The only thing which would screw this up would be if gathering this currency (sorry, but UGH another currency??) takes just as long as getting essences the original way. I get it. They’re trying to split the difference between the alt crowd and anti-alt crowd and neither side will be completely happy with it.

2 Likes

Many of the people who were most upset by how the system was set up have already left the game and will not be returning. So did you get what you wanted?

2 Likes

That might be asking a bit much

That is true.

But I think shadowlands must be very far off for them to do a complete 180 all of a sudden IMVHO.

1 Like

How long until the complaints roll in…

“Wait what I thought they were account wide…”

“I have to do stuff for rank 3 on my alt?!!”

“WTF is this currency?”

“Takes too long to farm essences on my alt”

“Rank 3 costs too much”

It means if you only bought the DPS?naz/mech essence, the tank and healing one will also be for sale. Hence the “must learn a specific role”

yay finally!!!

Next up can we have all currencies account wide like every currency that’s added to the game, gold, tokens, ect?