Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

not really sure how that is relevant to a catchup mechanic change. If you don’t have the rep and storyline, you’re not really catching up are you? You are just trying to get out of it altogether.

You realize it’s rank 3 only, right? And it’s the whole “what they believe to be acceptable” part that’s been screwing them so badly. I guess you’re fine with spending your hard-earned money just to essentially work another job with the goal of eventually, maybe, getting to the point of it all… having fun. This is a GAME… It’s supposed to entertain. Unlocking things that take a large amount of time only to have to do it again on every character you wish to play is not fun especially when most of those things are time-gated.

4 Likes

They already ruined flying with such “compromise”, now we have to wait many months before they flip a flying switch…

Enough compromises, we don’t want them.

11 Likes

Doesn’t it only say Nazjatar and Mechagon essences will be purchaseable? Or is that merely an example?

Will we be able to buy every single rank 3 essence in the game, if we already have it on another character?

Well said.

No, it says only Nazjatar and Mechagon essences will be cross role. I.E. You earned rank 3 on a DPS only character, and your alt is a tank, you can purchase those 2 for the tank. None of the other ones are cross role.

whoopee. Pointless when you’re supposed to get an essense for turning in 200 of the things you get in the Raid but you don’t get it.

nice try blues, but try again on making this game more fun.

2 Likes

It’s only “weird” if you believe their intent is to ease a player annoyance and improve quality of life. That’s not their intent at all. The fact that they denied this change for so long demonstrates clearly that they don’t give a single hoot about QoL anymore.

No, they only added this when they realized that players numbers were dropping too quickly, in large part because players were running out of things to do on their mains and simply weren’t willing to put in the grinds again for alts. They implemented the “catch up” to itself require a grind because their sole goal with all of this, with any change they make, is to buff up those MAU numbers. That’s the only thing that matters to corporate ActiBlizz these days. To them, their customers aren’t actually people anymore, just wallets that need drained and metrics that need to be increased.

They’re going to gavage this golden goose of theirs for every drop they can get out of it until it finally keels over and dies from the abuse and neglect.

7 Likes

I mean, honestly if anything, I would just make them BIND ON ACCOUNT
No hoop jumping. I’ve earned them on a character, I shouldn’t have to make a checklist and go, “Okay I need to do any and/or all of these things multiple times to get a currency to purchase one thing, which might take multiple hours that I don’t really want to spend and do something else in the game”.

It’s a bad system. Another currency for something that should have already been a part of the game system to begin with.

Blizzard is just looking for time sinks that force people to play game modes that aren’t as engaging or as fun as they ought to be.

3 Likes

Great change. Haters be damned.

To be fair, I’ve been feeling that WoW has become an action/arcade game for years now. The world is a lobby for your arcade action.

Customer: “I hate your new cauliflower pizza crust.”
Blizzard: “Let’s compromise. I’ll only make it half cauliflower.”
Customer: “It’s weird that you still want my money and think I’ll give it to you.”

There’s nothing RPG about WOW anymore. How does forcing everyone to do the exact same thing, dozens of times for alts in some cases, even remotely resemble an RPG where someone can play or choose their own adventure.

WOW is a train wreck and Ion is the one that wrecked it.

Think about how many people they could have enticed back to the game had they even implemented one SIMPLE fun thing like allowing people to fly at 120, or dropping in some PVP vendors.

I read things like this blue post and assume that they’re all huffing paint, because there can literally be no other reason they’re this crack-addled dumb.

6 Likes

I’d normally not venture to your extreme reaction, but after more than 10 years of playing this game I’ve loved for so long, I’m beginning to feel much the same way. When you have developers allowing people without the corruption-reducing cloak into an LFR raid wing that actually requires it, when their lead developer sits there and tells us that reducing RNG is a good thing, and then adds even more RNG…when grinding is the kneejerk fallback addition to a game with so much grind already…

Well, faith in their abilities is becoming very difficult to find.

6 Likes

at some point you’re gonna have to play the game… what do you do in this game?

I was hoping to find a better way to obtain Conflict and Strife Essences. I really hate doing pvp just to get it.

2 Likes

Same with Blood of the Enemy. I thoroughly love m+, not raiding, not pvp. But my DPS has to get his best essences from pvp?

1 Like

If I could cry react instead of the simple heart react I would. And no, I’m not saying you’re wrong.

1 Like

Ok so I read this a few times. This is saying that it will not function like the other essences tomorrow. The Nazjatar and Mechagon reputation essences will be given automatically, regardless?

I’m pretty sure it means that if you have one of the essences from those zones, you’ll have access to all 3 on your alts.

1 Like