Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

So instead of grinding older content, we get to grind on newer content for old essenses. Assuming we obtained the old essenses on our main first.

Seems fine. It’s let’s players not grind for exalted rep via dailies a second time.

We still have to earn essenses, which is good. This change atleast lets us obtain them via current content rather than backtracking to old content.

1 Like

Like throwing water on a fire a week after the house burned down, except the water is gas and it is going to hit the most impossible ember still ablaze and make even more people mad that there is another system to grind on top of the system to grind.

3 Likes

SIKE!
~ Ion

2 Likes

Still a dead game for alts. Reqs rank 3? LOL. Requires currency grind for each alt? ROFL.

Can’t make this stuff up. How the mighty have fallen. I have almost zero confidence in Shadowlands being good based upon how BFA is being treated in its death throes.

6 Likes

I did not think they could mess anything up much more. /slow clap, I am impressed.

3 Likes

Really depends on how much of the currency you need to grind for.

Think again, its always possible.

Look at the last wing of Nyalotha on LFR. In which there is a mechanic that is reliant on players having the Cloak. So what did they do - they allowed players to queue for it without having the cloak on. And naturally those players were immediately mind controlled. They had to do a hot fix to correct that. Surely any developer with more than a few active brain cells would have known that from the start. I don’t what is happening over there right now. It’s the equivalent of multiboxing content - one live person, a whole group of automatons. It makes me very concerned about Shadowlands.

:cry:

2 Likes

LOL I’m a casual with just one rank 3 and now 6 out of 9 already have it. So I am stopping and will get it on the last 3 with the currency… unless it’s a lot and then it might be easier to just do the quests.

Can’t stand getting called out for hypocrisy, maybe don’t be a hypocrite?

Good advice.

I’ll pass it on if I find someone that needs it.

Now, about having to spend any time in Nazjatar in order to fly at 120…

I think you guys should also make it so if you got one rank 3 aqueous reliquary essence then you should be able to buy them all on your alt

So am I the only one who realized they told us we can’t get the tank/heal essences if our main is a pure EXCEPT for Mechagon/Nazjatar? (THE TWO THEY LESSENED THE REQUIREMENTS OF, NO LESS)

So you want the M+ Heal Essence? Gotta do M+ FOR WEEKS on a healer. Want the 30,000 Honor Tank/Heals one? Go grind it all again on another character. Etc.

They need to fix this and make all roles available. You’re unfairly punishing people who main pure DPS. Even punishing people who main hybrids but don’t tank/dps/heal on that character so they never bothered with the essences but do on another.

1 Like

Arpg =/= mmorpg. Your comparison is laughable as best.

Dunno, I’ve got a new DK alt at 430 and with barely any essences ready to go for Tuesday. But I have unlocked all the essences on all roles on my main, so I guess I won’t see what you are saying.

I am, however, excited I don’t have to mechagon rep up exalted for null barrier 3 or do the 3 week naz follower crap for that one - both are excellent essences I want on my alts…

1 Like

I’d love to meet the people who write those kinds of comments on the forums, just once, just to see what they are like.

Blizzard gives the people what they wanted, but tweaks it to include some completely arbitrary secondary grind because their definition of “Fun” is skewed.

Look, I’m glad it’s happening, I am a little thankful, but the Currency System was not warranted and adds nothing to the entertainment factor. Why is it that we couldn’t just make the Essence Unlocks/Rank Ups account-wide and leave it at that?

2 Likes

“Our goal with this update is to preserve the efforts that players put into unlocking a given Essence through its associated activity the first time, while offering subsequent characters far more flexibility in pursuing that goal.”

No, you’re trying to give people what they’ve been wanting for months without looking like you went back on your word that “account-wide essences aren’t on the table.” It’s a really dirty move IMO. Something like this should have been in place when it came out, and I believe you guys are afraid of admitting that fact; just look at all the changes that have been made recently with coalescing visions and vessels. Pull your head out of your rear Blizz… This has been the absolute worst expansion for alts. The grind for rank 3 essences was bad enough already and you couldn’t just let us to have them on our alts… Nope, you still feel the need to force us to do more work than what should be necessary.

6 Likes

THIS! This whole move by Blizzard just reeks of this. I couldn’t agree more.

4 Likes

How much of a child do you have to be to think like that? You didn’t get exactly what you wanted because they disagreed, but they came up with an idea that they thought was closer to what you want and in line with what they believe to be acceptable. Its called a compromise not them trying to slight you.