Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

Now all that remains to be seen is how much of this new currency do we need to unlock a single essence and how long on average would it take grinding to have enough. If it ends up taking a very long time, it would defeat the whole point of it. I am going to reserve judgement till all the facts are in.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine it will be that hard. I am not expecting my alts to suddenly have all my mains level 3s right away but it sure has to be faster than the old fashion way of earning them. I was working upon the ET essence on two different alts, a level 3 is like 3-4 weeks. Even if it takes me a couple of days to unlock that on an alt it is way better!

There needs to be ranks of essences you do not have added to this vendor, such as old raid, rep and PvP essences. The whole game model you have limits the need for old content out side of achievements and cosmetic rewards while the essence system is forcing people to play old content for player power upgrades with a long and frustrating grind. Then there is the problem of essences from parts of the game you are uninterested in playing, at this point you may as well just have a universal currency to acquire any essence and going forward add multiple pathways to earn items such as these without requiring to do things they do not enjoy

3 Likes

This should have been in the game months ago but better late than never, I guess.

I fail to see the validity in your argument other than a sour attitude to the change… if you really want to grind and work for your stuff, this change makes no difference to you. If you don’t want the easy way, don’t pay for the essences from MOTHER. It’s a choice to get the rank 3 Essences your main has, it doesn’t automatically give them to you and you still need to work up the currency to buy them.

Keep in mind players still need to complete the quests to obtain the cloak, complete the dailies and assaults to obtain 10,000 Coalescing Visions for a single Vessel, complete Visions that barely drop(ped) gear worth the effort (literally all gear was scrapper and vendor trash), just to upgrade the cloak to be viable in raids. On top of that, hoping and praying to God for Stars corruption on a good piece of gear to pad the meters.

Players still need to grind for that rank 3 on their main, the aspect of Essence unlocking on alts just means they don’t have to trog through old content or PvP (particularly because some people do not like PvP and literally only did it to obtain BiS Essences) once more.

3 Likes

What are the chances of getting Emissary Chests and Paragon Chests added to the list of things that drop the new currency?

Those are things I would do normally and can be done with a fresh 120 (minus the Paragon thing), so odds are very slim.

Wish it didn’t take 8 months, or however much time passed since 8.2 hit the shelf.

Not sure why Blizzard is so slow on everything, this is why things like Dota(HOTS) was little too late, just do things immediately, on the spot.

It’s like there’s 5 stages of denial, where they ignore player demands, then acknowledge them but do nothing about them, and after several more steps, they finally implement what should’ve been there from start. 8.2 brought things 8.0 should’ve had, and now 8.3 brings things 8.2 should’ve had.

They ignore it, then acknowledge it, then they tell us how wrong we are, then they go radio silent, then they do the thing just a little too late.

3 Likes

Now that essences are getting changed.

Please, for the love of all things holy. Let us cleanse the corruption off gear without having to do a 3 hour+ questline to unlock Mother. Just put a new vendor in where we take the Heart of Azeroth and just charge 100g or something. Easy peasy.

2 Likes

This new system does nothing for players who quit before essences were a thing.
It’s perfect time for Blizzard to try to get them back to the game.
This can be achieved by massively reducing requirements for obtaining all essences:

• All weekly gating should be completely removed
  • essences from raids should drop enough so you can get rank 3 in single clear
  • rated pvp essence items should drop from RGB/arena wins
  • M+ essence rank 3 should drop from end of dungeon chest at +10 or higher
  • honor essence should have honor amount reduced from 30k to 10k and count honor from all sources, not just inside BG’s
  • reputation essences rank 3 should only require honored (and cost of those that require special currency reduced accordingly)
  • nazjatar essence follower XP requirements reduced from 2400/4800 to 300/900
    and so on…
5 Likes

What is “MVP” about this post? This is just trolling.

4 Likes

You not liking my, quite literally factual post as others have already pointed out, does not equal trolling.

The fact that you can’t even make a counter argument and instead make a post that basically boils down “I don’t like your post, I don’t think you deserve that title” also speaks volumes.

So I agree that people will always have complaints, but you’re usually not one of the people who goes in for poking fun at that. Folks just don’t like seeing green text making that kind of comment… Probably why Metro gets such negative reactions to his posts while yours are generally much more well-received.

5 Likes

To be fair, in a follow up post as well as in the celebration thread I stated I was happy for those who wanted this and thought it was a good change. Heck, I even argued against Metrohaha in this thread defending this change.

However, with all due respect Oken I have validity to my statement as well.

There are people who really are legitimately passionate about seeing this change happen and who are very happy over it, but then there are people who are just never happy no matter what happens.

“It should be free”

“Too little too late”

“Oh great, another grind”

Etc. and so on.

I am not going to pull my punches on calling out parts of the community on their shenanigans. I don’t back down when it comes to my views.

Could I have made it clear in the base post that I was happy over the change for those who have been wanting it? Sure. I could have made a clearer distinction between the people I was describing, IE the people who only complain for the sake of complaining, and those who were giving legitimate, negative, feedback.

However, the fact that it literally only took THREE posts before my comment was proven right is kinda telling Oken.

I get where you are coming from, I do, but I have never pulled my punches when it comes to certain groups of people in the GD who LIVE for complaining, creating drama, or being outraged all the time.

I won’t comment on Metro besides stating that I feel he has a hard time expressing himself properly, but as seen in this thread even I butt heads with him.

Honestly, I wouldn’t take it personally. The people who are getting bent out of shape over what amounted to a light joke from you are taking it personally… Clearly some people have complaints and they’re reading your post as directed at them even though it wasn’t your intent (my assumption).

3 Likes

I mean, if I am being honest, its a big problem for me haha. I tend to take things… er, seriously? Personally? I tend not to want to back down, haha.

Yeah, but I feel like you made a valid point on how my post came across and I honestly, truly, try to keep open minded and take criticism seriously like what you stated. Which, I do appreciate by the way. I could have made a clearer distinction between who it was directed at as well as expressing my delight over the change for those who wanted it in the original post instead of a later post since I know some people, even I am guilty of this at times, see a post that upsets them and replies then and there without seeing followup posts.

3 Likes

Oh I’m guilty as sin there haha. Also it’s always easier for someone to comment on something from the outside after the fact (me here) than it is to be the one who experienced it in the moment.

Well I was reading the posts and they were all positive. Then you, an MVP, make yours, trolling people who might have an issue with the change and the thread starts devolving.

Doesn’t seem very MVP to me.

4 Likes

Oh? All of them?

Honestly seems like you are being very selective.

I am going to stop you right there. What is an MVP, what even is an MVP?

I find that people like to project their own visions of what an MVP is all the time when an MVP says something they do not like. I am literally just another poster like any of the three mentioned above, my status comes form being knowledgeable and having good conduct on the forums. Being an MVP does not mean I am going to sit in a thread and kiss the rings of the community in hopes of praise and living up to the communities expectation of what an MVP is.

So when you say–

It really strikes me more as–

“Doesn’t seem like MY personal expectations of an MVP.”

And for that, I don’t know what to tell ya.

Also, once more for posterity–

Just because you do not like my post, friend, does not make it trolling.

Coloration =/= causation.

3 Likes