Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

Oh look, another person thinking they’re so smart that they don’t even need to read my post, or god forbid, understand my post.

Meanwhile, here I am laughing at all the sheeple using words like “entitlement” that they don’t even know the meaning of.

Just by the way, I don’t have a single alt at 120. This doesn’t affect me AT ALL. I just call out stupid decisions by Blizzard because I’m not an absolute failure at game design like they are.

4 Likes

Thank you very much! Please reconsider them being soul bound and make it BoA.

This is great, but 3 problems…

1. Please consider making this a BoA currency since my main has no use for these and it would be nice to be able to help my alts when playing my main.

2. If your a pure DPS, you won’t be able to get healing/tanking essences on your alt unless your re-farm the rep because pure DPS don’t have access to those essences. Please make it so if you unlock the rank 3 version of The Unbound Force (Nazj rep), your alts have access to Ever Rising Tide and the tanking one from the Nazj Rep.

3. New characters who are coming back have a MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE mountain to climb to get back, farming AP, farming cloak, and farming essences. The first 2 can be done with current content, however the 3rd requires doing old content.

Please just put all the rank 1, 2, and 3 essences from 8.2 content on Mother and allow new and returning players to just buy them that way, allowing to rank them up from 1-3 from just Mother. Alts however can bypass rank 1 and 2 and just go to 3 if they fit the requirements.

8 Likes

I’m going to repeat myself from an earlier post.

From the way the original post is phrased, this system is completely biased against purely DPS mains or mains that can only do 2 out of the 3 roles. I mained a toon that can ONLY be a DPS, a Hunter. I made an alt to tank on because my main can’t do it. I sucked it up and ground out Blood of the Enemy on my main, which I absolutely despise pvp, if I had the choice I would have never done pvp. Now because my main absolutely can NOT purchase the tanking version of it, I am unable to purchase the Sphere of Suppression on my Protection Warrior. I really wanted that essence on my warrior. Instead because apparently I’m foolish enough to play the game on anything but a Druid or a Paladin or a Monk, I would have to do the same pvp grind I thoroughly despised in the first place in order to get it.

Please make this right.

Edit: For those of you saying we’re “entitled” or that essences shouldn’t be acount bound because that’s not what an mmo’s are like and how wow wasn’t like that before. You’ve obviously never played Blizzards older Online RPG’s like the Diablo series before. You could literally hand your brand new alt all the gear in the world if your main could find it or make it. It was still a huge grind and a huge accomplishment to get that gear.

7 Likes

Glad to hear they finally caved at least somewhat on the issue.

It really needed to happen.

Anything beyond this compromise isn’t really necessary, as Shadowlands will come soon enough.

A new currency is completely not needed,you could of simply made Reliquarys account bound and allowed all essence Ranks to be purchased with Memento’s.
You may of listened too the community somewhat,but then just placed in yet another grind and then made the currency soulbound which is completely wrong.
As much as i’d love too play my Alts i simply cannot be bothered now, this whole xpac is so Alt unfriendly it’s just a joke, your stupid time played metrics are killing the fun of this game.

7 Likes

Why soulbound? My main is again collecting a worthless currency that my alt’s could benefit from.

9 Likes

Yeah, why not make new currency account wide?

4 Likes

Finally some positivity on the forums and “The Weekly Reset” is on hiatus

why not account wide currency? isnt it obvious? they want your ilvl 350 alts to start playing from scratch… more time playing nothing else the only good side I see people should be doing m0 and low mythic keys more often.

1 Like

Why can’t you just bind them on account and it’s done! why do we still have to jump through hoops and still waste time to get something again? specially if it becomes something like buying azerite pieces from the vendor that already takes a couple of weeks just to purchase 1 piece.

Why do we still have to suffer for alts on an expansion that is already over?

10 Likes

RUINED lol

Mobas are thriving and mmos are dying, including this one. Maybe keeping elements of MMOs like stupid, tedious and timegated grinds for every character you make actually isn’t a good idea.

4 Likes

haven’t the essences been time gated enough LET THEM BE FREE!
“FREEDOM” Braveheart

1 Like

I agree, I loved the early diablo series because it allowed such ease for creating alts. If my main in diablo found gear that suites another class, I can level that class and have it geared when it’s reached the endgame. The ease of being able to swap between play styles is what’s lacking in this case.

Edit: I’d think of it like being able to only eat the same meal every day, but your snacks can be different but they can never be as good as your meal. You’d get pretty bored with it really quickly.

1 Like

The currency may be soulbound, but maybe the essences will be BoA when you buy them. That’s how it was with the legendaries (the random ones) in Legion, iirc.

1 Like

Don’t know why everyone is super excited about this. sounds like still going to be a grind on alts to get the currency to buy the Essences. Also may be like so much of the new currency to buy rank 1, then more to buy rank 2, and then even more to buy Rank 3. Heck may even be easier to grind out the quests on alts to get rank 3 on some of the essences anyway. Don’t think Blizz is doing this out of the “kindness of their own hearts”, its a way for them to get people to play more by dangling the carrot to play our alts and play more therefore make Blizz more money. They know after next week when the cloaks get upgraded to level 15 a lot of people will be…umm what is there to do now? not much, i might as well go play Elder Scrolls online until the new patch comes out."

3 Likes

100% this, make them purchasable through mementos. Would encourage ppl to do visons and upgrade the cloak more too. As a returning player, I still havent even done Mech yet. I’d like to get flying at one point but grinding that and essences is fairly dull, especially across 3 chars

2 Likes

ppl laughing at this post but it’s true… like another currency added to the ever growing tab of currencies ill never care about again. And, they’re SOULBOUND? what good does that do me if im playing my main???

Also, if they absolutely Have to use a currency for this ‘system’, then just use war resources, coalescing visions, or corrupted momentos. I really just do not get why they cant just unlock them for alts

3 Likes

YES! I will be abusing my horde paladin once this happens :upside_down_face: