Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

I’m good with that. Thanks for the encouragement. :wink:

This is only useful for people who played in 8.2 and farmed the essences already on a character. It will accomplish nothing in terms of bringing back players who stopped playing prior to that time. You should just make them purchasable regardless of whether you’ve unlocked them previously.

Your argument about the effort other people already put in to farm them isn’t really relevant. Catch up mechanics often invalidate past time investments, why do you insist on forcing people to do significant farms in 8.2 content to catch up in 8.3?

1 Like

I’d say this is less a response to what players have written on the forums and more of a response to the actions of many who have decided it was time to either take a break from the game or exclusively play old content for the rest of the expansion.

8.3 has not been meeting its goals.

8 Likes

I’ll keep my hype levels down because I don’t know how this new currency will work or costs etc. Until then I’ll remain skeptical. But at least they’re doing “something” rather than ignoring people who have alts.

Thank you for clarifying. I was actually a bit confused by this bit too but what you made it make sense to me :smiley:

rofl

and awwwaaayyy we goo!!

1 Like

Worst Implementation. It’s just another grind. Wish they had a down vote. Total bait and switch

4 Likes

Two good changes in the same week thanks to listening to player feedback?

Oh my.

2 Likes

go away. This is a great change.

1 Like

these type of changes always come late into the expansion, game needs to be alt friendly from day 1.

4 Likes

It’s honestly comical. I would upvote you if I could but I’ve run dry for today.

1 Like

Well now. I have a bunch of toons that will be visiting their MOTHER next week. They’ve been avoiding that chamber like the plague because they only have 1 essence and don’t want to accidently open a new slot and then be harrassed by their UI for the rest of their existence.

5 Likes

Please don’t trade one horrendous grind for another; make the currency amounts needed to purchase the essences a reasonable amount.

Also - please make the currency BoA so we can collaborate across our characters.

5 Likes

So is this only for Mechagon and Nazjatar essences? IMO those are the lesser offensive ones to grind… what about the old EP essences… conflict and strife…blood of the enemy

2 Likes

Well, guess that means the expansion is over haha!
This is a nice compromise though.

Purely account wide was never going to make sense, but this is much better.
Excited to see how much currency comes from where and how much each will cost.

2 Likes

I would like to personally shout out some of these douchebags but I’m sure that won’t go over well. Oh well, I won :relieved:

1 Like

Then I’d say systems like Essences shouldn’t be in the game because it’s just another layer of ice to break through on every character I want to be passable. It’s power creep for the sake of power creep.

They commented on power creep last expansion basically saying they were looking to avoid it being out of control, but, lol, it’s even crazier this expansion.

Essences are just generic abilities and passives. Are they supposed to feel exciting and engaging? Maybe if they did, so many people wouldn’t have been commenting on how they feel like an obnoxious chore to do on every character.

3 Likes

The one that “win” are altaholics, which by definition are no where near casuals lol

3 Likes

That’s all …Was it too hard for ya’ll to actually make Account-Wide rep Account wide ?? What about making Profession gear BoE ?? WQ’s gear actually match your item level ?? Seriously , Essences are the least of our alt problems .

No, these types of changes can only come this late, because otherwise they act to trivialize top competitive pathways.
Like it or not, this game is about character progression, despite how many lines have been blurred by now.

The ability to keep a dozen different characters all near equally powerful would expose massive holes in already weak class balance and design and force the game to be designed per account instead of per class and spec.

The day that happens, the day whats left of the “RPG” in MMORPG dies for good.

I’m sure some would want it regardless.

2 Likes