Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

Why just Rank 3? I don’t have a single Rank 3 essence on my main, just Rank 1-2 because I play pretty casually. You mean to be able to play my Alts, I have to hardcore one character and then go play my Alts until they get drops to turn in for essences? How is this in any way time saving?

Just make the essences account-wide at every rank automatically, you twits.

1 Like

They know players always ask for vendors. They present a “vendor” as a solution to a previous design issue, and they use this “vendor” to show they are responsive to player feedback.

Does anyone seriously think that the titan residuum vendor system was not many months in the making?

1 Like

Probably because rank 3 takes the longest, and thus making this rank easier to obtain saves players the most time.

Most rank 2 essences are fairly easy to get already.

1 Like

Salvage vendor should have been in by 8.1.5 (if not earlier).

Hopefully this doesn’t kill off the heroic EP raids too much. A lot of people are coming to 8.3 from a long break and never got that essence which is best in slot for a lot of single target builds.

The problem wasn’t that they weren’t listening… It was that they were listening and then deciding that we were wrong and their “philosophy” took precedence.

2 Likes

Maybe they want you to actually play the game at least once before being handed everything.

1 Like

Depends. They definitely start creating stuff in advance, but how far in advance?

For example, look at the Titan research tree for Visions. Most of the nodes’ images are just reused spellbook images. So they started working on it but didn’t have time to add new art for the nodes.

:clap: there :clap: is :clap: no :clap: adjustment :clap: for :clap: CLF Rank 2 to Rank 3 :clap: because :clap: it’s :clap: outdated and irrelevant content to farm mats :clap: since :clap: no one :clap: is :clap: running :clap: Eternal Palace :clap: raids :clap:

Condensed Life-Force is the ONLY Essence that requires mats from a previous raid patch that is NOT CURRENT to the related Essence system in 8.3!! Why don’t ppl understand this? It’s not like you’re going to waltz into EP and grab 36 Aqueous Requiem in a week. It won’t happen. This is the ONLY Essence Blizzard needs to adjust to have Rank 2 to Rank 3 Essence purchasable. If they cannot see this is a current issue, then they need to re-evaluate the thought process. There is NO clarification for this single Essence.

Those who have Rank 3 CLF, good on you, your alt will be a bit stronger than those players running a Rank 2 CLF. Those players who’s mains have Rank 1 or Rank 2 CLF and it’s a BiS for their class/spec will have to “suck it up” I guess since we don’t have a viable or sensible solution for Condensed Life-Force Rank 2 to Rank 3.

For Unholy Death Knight, there’s 3 total BEST IN SLOT Essences ranked 1 to 3:

1. Vision of Perfection (although you will need to focus on 2 or more Magus of the Dead Azerite Traits and we know Azerite gear is RNG when you purchase them from the Vendor) or try to focus on NYA Azerite gear that may have Magus of the Dead traits.

2. Blood of the Enemy:
    Rank 1 is fairly easy enough as per the initial quest, however, Rank 2 and Rank 3 require 10k and 30k Honor respectively and 25 Marks of Honor to purchase Rank 2 and 3.

• I myself do not PvP this is why I do not choose this Essence.
  1. Condensed Life-Force (Rank 3 requirement, 36 Aqueous Requiem from Eternal Palace). For me, this is the best Essence due to the extra haste it provides for Rank 3 and the DPS is pretty significant for single targets and AoE splash damage.

Other than that, this idea is good for 99.99% of the essences affected since they do not require previous patch raid materials which makes them stand out as a “catch n grab” essence than Condensed Life-Force.

EDIT: I really hope Blizzard don’t expect us to endlessly grind 36 Aqueous Requiem from Eternal Palace to get Condensed Life-Force Rank 3. Please tell me there’s a exceptional solution for purchasing Rank 3 Essence from a Rank 2.

1 Like

Yep I think this is the last week my guild is doing a catch-up heroic EP run. I’ll get rank 2 from it but now I’ll need to go find a pug for two weeks to get rank 3 unfortunately. I guess it’s my fault for not doing the raid last patch but it just feels bad having to go back to an old raid.

Because people that wanted to treat MMOs like MOBAs ruined this game back when they started making everything fast and account wide starting in Wrath.

I mean how much of a surprise was it the lead designer from wrath left to work on a MOBA?

Sure. But even admitting to “we disagree with your feedback” is better than silence.

Edit my quote within quote within quote skills are terrible

That’s true for alts that they can grind it doing whatever you enjoy. I’m very happy about that. Will the ability to purchase essences apply for all roles (such as healing essences being purchasable when the toon I’ve done the content on has no heal spec) or just the ones you’ve earned?

It’s still an issue for mains though.

I think it’s important to be able to grind essences the same way on mains as well. I’d be ok with making the currency requirements higher for mains than alts. It’s still a problem, even after this hotfix, that mains still have to work on old content (the EP raid for example) or content they don’t enjoy to grind out essences for content they do enjoy.

One example is that, for me personally, I absolutely hate WoW PvP and don’t want anything to do with it ever again; if I were to gear this alt for M+, Conflict and Strife is far better than other essences for frost DK when it comes to AoE fights. I’m putting my distaste for WoW PvP extremely mildly. If I were to grind out Conflict and Strife (or any other PvP essence), I’d be raging the entire time.

Oh really? I guess that was not clear to me, from what the blue said.

Thanks! :wink:

Hmm, actually saw a couple people say you would have to get the exact rank 3 on your main. Guess I’ll have to wait for Wowhead or someone to really clarify. Blizzard never answers all the obvious questions, when they post this stuff.

Yeah, definitely needs clarifying. I imagine Wowhead/someone will have a big info page on it when it drops.

So we still have too farm a new currency too obtain, thanks for the change’s but youv’e learnt nothing about why player’s are sick of time-gate’s.I have over a hundred Reliqs on my main yet cant use them to give a Alt rank 3 essence.So really this new currency is just another grindfest.
And is this new currency going to be account bound or do we have too slug it out on under-geared Alts?

1 Like

Blue said soulbound so it looks like the latter.

I am laughing so hard at this.

Literally the entitlement that was preempted in a previous post.

:rofl:

Oh my goodness this is hilarious.

Yo dawg, I heard you like quotes!

suddenlt I realize i need to farm my alts neck to 75 to get full benefit from this :stuck_out_tongue: currently around 71-72

The whole point everyone was asking for essences to be account bound was to reduce the amount of farming.

What scares me now is that Blizzard will take our request and change it into another grindfest which is the entire thing we are trying to avoid.

It is not entitlement, it is simply asking for a reduction in grinding for our alts when we have already done the grinding on our mains. We don’t want to play our mains even more just to play an alt, that is what we are trying to avoid.

Please Blizzard for the love of all things Warcraftian, PLZ PLZ PLZ just make them account bound so we don’t have to go through more grinding!!!

I actually enjoy the pathfinding grind for flying, and I don’t mind the rep grind ONCE, but now I just want to play some alts and have fun, not spend 2-3 hours doing all the WQ’s including Naz/Mech/Uld/Panda PLUS Cloak PLUS possibly neck.

I don’t even mind the neck because it levels fairly well just while playing, but damn if Blizzard won’t finally take a suggestion and make it into something we have to work hours every day just to try to enjoy…

5 Likes