Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

People in my guild are confused - is this change for ALL essences; or only the Mechagon/Nazjatar Reputation essences?

1 Like

I am considering not resubbing. This will gut pugs. Which means the game won’t be worth playing. Too many streamers asked for it. It must be bad for the game.

1 Like

Can we please REMOVE having to do yet another grind? I don’t care how easy it is to obtain the new currency it shouldn’t exist. I think everyone’s had enough of any sort of grind. I want this to be like legion artifacts where you just log in and whatever you earned in main is simply available on alts. That in itself would feel exponentially better as opposed to yet another mindless grind. This is a 50% win let’s move it over to 100% before learning we’re getting screwed like we did on the titanforge bait and switch. I’d love to start playing alts competitively.

3 Likes

lol I am actually 9/12 - swapped to other characters for a few fights. and yeah the tier is over. Progression is wrapping up for casual mythic guilds at this point. And most people dont ever even see mythic

If its one essence a week then nothing really changes. We wanna be able to prep our alts and jump into our fav content withing few days.

5 Likes

This is pretty much what I asked for way back in 8.1.5, though I would have liked to not have to do some of the grinds (PvP essences) on any toon at all.

Oh well, I can manage BotE and CnS on 1 toon. Six times over though? Nah.

Overall, good change :smiley:

Also:

But… Essences were an 8.2 feature?

Most don’t play 1 single character their entire WoW life. Some of us are serious players but also love to play alts.

1 Like

They were outlined back in 8.1.5 in their original form, and this is pretty much the system I asked for except extended to mains as well.

All I want is to make it easier on my alts to obtain gear within reason. No WQ’s give out 420+ rings or trinkets since Titanforge is gone. I don’t need 60 WQ’s giving out 410 gear when my ilvl is 445 or higher . These are things than keep progression from progressing. I’m in a guild that doesn’t raid nor do Mythic + since officers jumped ship to go Alliance on the same server. I’m not asking to put a vendor in the game that unlocks so all alts get the same ilvl gear. Make profession gear BoE and I’m not talking about the ilvl 400 ones that are completely useless .

It’s the end of the xpac and I still feel less powerful than I did in Legion before the stat squish. Essences are less fun than a Artifact Weapon . The infinite grind is still there if you count the damn alts most of us have. Seriously stop being so damn distant with your community while claiming to be transparent. Blizzard is becoming Bethesda.

1 Like

Love how I’m getting a bunch of pings from people like this that completely miss my point and don’t even bother to answer the question.

You guys just like pointless hoops and mindless busy work? I’m sorry I was impinging on your enjoyment.

1 Like

zzzzzz, dont care anymore.

/wave

Nobody’s hiding – Blizzard proved me/us wrong. I have no problem accepting I was wrong. Then again, I (and I guess all the others) just said what I did because it was plainly stated in an interview that essences weren’t on the table. Not clairvoyant, couldn’t predict they’d do a 180 and pseudo-grant account wide whatever this is – because its not quite what players wanted and still a hoop to jump through.

But again, I was wrong, and Blizzard did change their minds in the end. Hooray for you.

1 Like

Finally something! Super excited to actually might being able to play an alt.

But…what about your heart of Azeroth has an unused essence slot?

What will I do without this meme! :scream:

1 Like

Buuuuuut we still have to grind out daily quests to rank up our cloak and do the scenario on every character to unlock it still…

1 Like

Forums - “It’s dumb how as soon as a new patch drops we abandon everything before it.”

Blizz - “Here are some powerful affects you can earn in a variety of ways and will remain relevant in the next patch.”

Forums - “Blizz stop forcing my through old content I don’t want to do this crap.”

2 Likes

Oof, you really, really, REALLY had to stretch that one to try and mock people.

5 Likes

why can’t you guys do things correctly? A currency is a horrible idea. They should be just given. Stop the bleeding, let us play our dang alts

2 Likes