Coming Next Week -- New Source for Azerite Essences

Doing the same grind in bgs is just as bad as doing the same grind in other content.

If it’s 3-4 weeks per essence, it’s not worth it and I won’t resub.

4 Likes

having already invested the time to get the rank 3 traits dont make us grind a pointless bag space waster to buy it again on alts pls

No, Letting me to do raiding which is content i enjoy to get all essences is perfectly acceptable.

And it DOES NOT. The alts still need to be played and farm a currency for buying them. Your argument holds no water. All this is meant to do is speed up acquisition for alts… and then only if you have rank 3 on at least one character.

It’s splitting the difference between the sides.

1 Like

Fading into the background like Homer into the shrubs.

And so it begins…

If the game is already that busted then thats something that should be fixed. If the reasoning for not being able to gear multiple toons is because class balance is borked and its a way to keep players from rerolling then that shows a serious flaw in class design and game balance as a whole in general.

Seriously, if that’s the case then WoW has much bigger issues than ease of access to essences, issues that should be top priority. Something should never be made inconvenient as a bandaid fix to a bigger issue.

7 Likes

Are you high? How is this a nice compromise? Explain to me how account wide was never going to make sense?

I have rank 4 on nearly every essence in the game. Why they hell should I not get the same role essences on a new alt? Why on earth would it make sense for me to have to spend MONTHS grinding them all over again.

This isnt a compromise. This is another grind to make people think they’re getting what they asked for. so they keep subbing until Shadowlands.

“Well, guess that means the expansion is over haha!” ??? Its been very clear that the expansion is over for a while. They cancelled 8.3.5 which was the nail in the coffin. What world do you live in if you didnt think the expansion was over?

6 Likes

I like playing Horde and Alliance and healing some days or dpsing some days, way this game has evolved it has become way to time consuming to enjoy all of the game, alts should have catch up mechanics way earlier into the expansions.

This change negatively affects you how?

6 Likes

It’s something. We’ll see how it plays out when it goes live, but honestly, for me it’s was only a small part of what is keeping me from being engaged in current content, like was in 8.1, even 8.2 I guess.

For someone like me there are just too many stacked grinds. Gear, AP, essences, cloak, corruption… playing 2 hours a night it feels like I still have what, 4-6 weeks to catch up to where people are now?

Fell too far behind, which is my own fault, but makes it feel punishing to come back.

Id be happy just grinding out gear and AP - or just 1 other system, beyond that feels like chore town. ESP. If you care also about professions, etc…

Even Legion at this stage was still gear and AP. I guess you could compare rolling for legendaries with the corruption rolls… but essences and cloak - as much as like the actual idea of what your doing with them - add too layers too many for my blood…

Maybe for you.

The same grind is still the same grind, period. You may be satisfied regardless, but I guarantee if it’s 3-4 weeks per essence, they won’t save the vast majority of people leaving, and the forums will still be flooded with requests.

4 Likes

Casuals win again.

BS. this is streamer privilege. it’s only good for streamers. they have all been asking for it. which always means that it’s bad for the game. i am not even sure how, but it will make streamers life better and everyone else’s game play experience worse.

1 Like

Just more proof 8.3 was a gigantic flop, cloak brought ZERO interest and the player base could care less about doing anything essence related on an alt. People are chosing to not log in or quit all together and its showing in game as with all Blizzards actions…

2 Likes

Oh you mean like we have been able to do right up until the AP grind kicked in and these new rented abilities and powers…
I don’t recall my equal alts in the past breaking the game, maybe I missed it?

11 Likes

Seeing these two sentiments come from the same mold activated my gag reflex.

I took PVP pretty seriously in Wrath of the Lich King. Wasn’t on stage or anything but you could say I was a “competitive” sort of player. So this is nothing against anyone who cares about their performance or wants to be competitive…

But this trend of trying to make the game more of an esport is what I think is taking the RPG out of it. I think part of the reason people look back with fond memories at expansions like Wrath or MoP is that the game just had a near perfect balance of fun without feeling like a chore or a sport.

8 Likes

I just want to see all of the people who hid behind “Blizzard will never do this so stop asking.”

4 Likes

Said the level 19 human rogue?? Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

2 Likes

Not at all. I never wanted account wide essences back when I was still grinding and unlocking them as they were new.

But that was MONTHS ago. And this is a joke. It’s not what was asked for. It’s a grind to keep people playing and making them think they’re getting what they wanted.

2 Likes

I hoped they would not. Same with LFR, pet battling, and garrisons or classic. But they want the money. Don’t blame them.

WoD players are all that are left. Alt armies it is, I’ll do what I did at the end of Legion, find another game.

6/12… but says tier is over.

This is like preach saying the raid is easy, after they nerfed everything into the ground.