Combat in visage/race restriction removed early in TWW

You can all stop posting your own “unique” thread about this now. Everybody wins!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dracthyr-class-restriction-removed-likely-early-in-the-war-within-338858

Hopefully this doesn’t mean our racials get torpedoed, but we’ll see.

The problem that still remains is transmogging for Dracthyr form overall. We’re at a point where they can just forget it exists and pretend they never had that problem in the first place.

I doubt people are going to show support for the rest to be finished besides getting what they wanted.

9 Likes

Yeah it’s 100% a copout on fixing it, for sure.

2 Likes

That and our customization options whenever we do get them will probably go mainly to visage form and not our ACTUAL form. I really hope that isn’t the case. Dragon form left and forgotten. I do wonder if visage form will keep it’s health increase out of combat now. As one has to ask, what’s the point of dragon form at this point? No benefits, with less customization options.

4 Likes

I will note it says that you can stay in visage form while playing the new classes. Which makes sense, as those classes don’t have animations that are specific to the Dracthyr/Evoker. So there may be a good chance that Evokers still have to go into dragon form, for those that care about that.

I concur with the concerns that this opening to new classes means our racials get bopped. Particularly this makes me worried that they’ll never touch up Soar–Given currently it’s only dragonriding style, dismounts on landing, and once in a while bugs out and won’t get me off the ground so I have to recast awkwardly onto a regular mount. I could argue before that us getting regular style flying like druids, maybe even able to interact with stuff while flying, is fine because it’s just one class. But with the extension to potentially every class, that prospect is looking thinner than before.

The most likely scenario is that they get nerfed for non evoker. My guess is that they either make a new passive that decreases the cd by 50% and they double the cd for other classes, or they make walloping blow change the cd of the racial of your choice to 45 seconds in the class tree.

Since it looks like in that screen cap of the warband the Dracthyr is a druid, I’m very curious what the forms will be.

I have zero interest in playing druid but I’ll simp for swog form.

combat in visage “while playing the new classes”

2 Likes

We literally don’t even know what the “new classes” are yet, nor do we have written confirmation that evoker won’t be included in some way.

The Karen doomers on this forum are exhausting, lol.

No matter what they do you’ll all cry about something. This is why they literally stop caring.

1 Like

We have only what was said by MrGM to go on right now. It would be foolish to expect evokers to be included when the wording appears to omit them.

I keep my expectations on the floor, so i can’t be too disappointed when blizzard doesn’t go the extra mile.

ill be honnest if i can get perma visage idc about the lizzardboi form. i accepted long ago that they werent going to fix the transmog problem with that so i put all my stock in the visage form being being my way out. i would even drop the argument for other races being used for the visage form if i could stay in it. i dont like the transmog restrictions nore how most shoulders look on my evoker in my lizzardboi form. if theres a way for both to happen im all for it and will always support it but if i have to pick 1 i would still go for visage. and this is comming from someone who always wanted a dragonoid playable race.

1 Like

Odd thing will be if we get say warrior as a class and are still limited to the leather/cloth and chainmail looks of the Dracthyr armor sets while in Dracthyr form.

im sure that will happen

I hate this and yeah I can already see the nerf batting.

My hope is making new classes work is annoying enough that they just don’t do it because Warrior with dracthyr racials would immediately mean stuff gets nerfed below the ground.

I’m really looking forward to the sheer amount of whining from people who thought they would make hover and a bunch of other stuff racials because without those you lose a ton of iconic stuff.

OTOH it’s a Ion statement and it’s not the first time he’s talked out of his rear

I very much doubt you can play as an evoker out of visage form. It’s quite obvious they’re referring to when dracthyrs can be other classes. Those hoping it means evokers can remain in visage, I’m sorry but you’re being delusional. It’s not going to happen. The empowered spells are quite literally designed to be in dragon form. Either be happy being able to use toys or move on.

lot of the metal looking dracthyr armor is plate, some with a mail underlayer.

we shouldnt have to use toys to make up for a halfa$$sed race. blizzard shouldnt get a pass for doing below the minimum.

2 Likes

So, you arbitrarily set some made up bar? New race, new class, new casting animations, on a class that can fly… While I would also like the visage form to be any race, you’re literal proof that no matter what Blizzard does there will be people like you who whine incessantly that it isn’t enough.

Exactly. They shouldn’t have improved soar and they shouldn’t even have made visage a thing. The complaints would still be the same with slightly different wording.

Why even spend the time they’ve spent so far trying to improve it?

1 Like

There’s a subset of whiners on here who are basically just here to complain about things that are never happening like perma visage dracthyr (even for deep breath lmao) or deleting the race altogether because it stole their dragon OC’s thunder (like I respect the requests for expanding visages a bit, fem visage especially throws me off with how short fem humans are even compared to blood elves, but “evoker on every race” is happening even less than DH on every race)

2 Likes

no ion did when he lied as he always does about dracthyr and transmog. your literal proof that blizzard can phone it in and ppl will defend it regardless of how bad it is. have some standards and self respect

1 Like