Collector's Edition Conversion

I have a slight reverse on this question: I prepurchased the CE and they are now saying I am not going to get it until January 2021. Am I able to purchase the digital version so I can play on launch day (which I think someone said is November) and get the amount refunded to Blizzard Balance once my CE comes in? I know the question has been answered for people who order the digital and then switch to CE, but what about the reverse?

Thank you!

They’ve got you covered in this post in the General forums:

Upgrading your version of Shadowlands

Upgrading from Any Digital Version to Collector’s Edition
If you purchase any digital copy of Shadowlands (Base, Heroic, or Epic), and then upgrade to the Collector’s Edition in the future, we will automatically credit you the cost of the digital copy in Blizzard Balance - as long as you enter the Collector’s Edition key before a future deadline. When you enter the key from your Collector’s Edition, we will see the original transaction on your account and the credit will be added. We will have details on this deadline when we have more information to share regarding the Collector’s Edition.

Just to be clear, you don’t actually “have” CE on your account until you add the code for it from the box when it arrives.

3 Likes

It works for your situation, Adamthos. If you buy any version of the expansion digitally from us you’ll be able to get that initial purchase refunded as Blizzard Battle.net Balance once you apply the Collector’s Edition key to the account.

3 Likes

Thank you both so much for your answers! I thought perhaps I would need to get the digital and just re-enter the CE Key once it arrives but I wanted to confirm it before purchasing the digital copy. This is greatly appreciated!!

2 Likes