Cluster wotlk realms or open them all up

I swear the only PVP players that arent cowards are on Grob, and the world PVP on grob is a mere wisp of what it was in Vanilla.

1 Like

Northrend is dead as usual but the old world is very dangerous right now. At least i’ve been doing my part to make it so on the rogue i’m leveling.

I have been having fun with the leveling, its all that Wrath has going in reality.

I’d love to be on Grobb. Most of us rolled on a PVP realm for a reason… But when Faerlina died 90% of the server went to Bene and playing with my friends was more important than being able to occasionally gank horde. I imagine that was the case for most people.

yeah that’s sad, sad that blizzard opened transfers in the way that they did… They should have never gotten so greedy with it. I think transfers can be good to help balance things but they just instead killed like most of the servers with it.

Faerlina alliance was HUGE in it’s day… Most of the faction literally collapsed over the Thanksgiving holiday. One week we had thousands of players, the next a few hundred at best…

And everyone chose Bene not because it didn’t have horde… but because it had the most alliance. And after you’ve just had to spend $30/character just so you can keep playing the game because your faction collapsed you want the best guarantee possible it won’t happen again. Which Bene provided.

The “Grass is Greener” thing likely… “ill get faster groups on this other bigger server”

It’s mind boggling that blizzard allowed skeram and few other 100% horde servers with a few thousand active raiders to free transfer to an already horde favored faerlina in early tbc…

I agree. I checked my server population. We used to have a nice 50/50 split with Alliance and Horde. Now its 75% Horde.

Playing on a faction dominated server is lame, even if you’re on the dominating faction. Merge all servers so we can have that nice faction split again!

1 Like

It was mostly horde coming in that started it actually. They opened up a bunch of free xfers to Faerlina and all of a sudden we were overwhelmed to the point that everything was camped and it was like P2 again, where you had to show up to raid 30 minutes early just get into raid… A couple big guilds xferred off, then a few more and it wasn’t long before you just couldn’t run content anymore.

Exactly… If Blizzard had taken even the smallest measures to ensure server balance, we wouldnt have PVE mega-servers. Instead they actively encouraged their formation.

1 Like

all hopes of balancing are gone when they leave certain megaservers open to transfer when there are numerous declining realms…

no reason that whitemane and pagle should be unlocked since they just absorb all the respective horde and alliance from other servers since the bene/faer/grobb are still locked

grobb is now 50% of its wrath launch size and it doesn’t feel bad but it’s stupid that we’re still locked when our total population is smaller than just the horde on whitemane

Doesn’t make sense that any server is locked anymore. Even on Bene we haven’t had queues since Wotlk launched.

Ah, so they murdered the server because they did not meter things to a 50/50 and allowed for imbalance. That’s a shame.

faction balance is not a priority for them at all. they clearly prefer for us to just filter into monofaction servers just like retail. it’s infuriating because faction balance is a core tenet of what makes classic classic imo. then you get people who rationalize blizzard’s negligence by saying it’s the players preference. like, sure, some players probably do prefer that but i don’t think it’s the majority and most people just made the same safe choice that bearhands did

1 Like

All realms could be very easily playable if Blizzard would merge some again (and change some classifications of realms that clearly aren’t what they claim to be).

We’d never been 50/50 really. I think we were probably around 55/45 or even 60/40, but that was fine. But when you’re starting there already and it starts to shift dramatically it can get out of hand pretty fast. At the time alliance could xfer to Bene or Grobb also so there was no real incentive for them to come to Faerlina, and all the horde basically split between us or Grob… and it murdered the alliance…

Basically the same thing happened to Horde on Bene…

Yeah they should have had faction specific locks and locations for players to transfer so that balance was the final goal of that

1 Like

Facts! Get it together Blizz. Make this game great.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.