Cluster wotlk realms or open them all up

Title.

Tired of being on different dead realm options.

Cluster realms kills it in Era. Bring that heat to wotlk.

Thank you

4 Likes

Agreed. I think if the community is dead set on not having RDF, we need fewer realms with much higher pop caps. Merge a bunch of them together. Sorry if that means you’re losing your name but you can cry to blizz for better ways of marking your territory on names (not having a last name option, not having a Legacy tied to your server like in swtor, etc), having 50 servers with 500 people playing on them and 5 servers with 3000-6000 people isn’t the go since everyone is migrating to those 5 servers and the servers currently can’t handle that.

They should* have been working towards trimming servers for months if not years now and having a low server count, but each one having a much higher total pop cap.

I agree, Merge benediction with Earthfury

Nah. Terrible idea.

5 Likes

Yea they should force all the people hiding on 99% PvP servers to deal with open world PvP lmao

2 Likes

but won’t that cause queues? I pay to not play? world of waitcraft?

no, merged realms don’t share a queue

the community isnt dead set on not having rdf
blizzard is

5 Likes

I agree the sad reality is for every realm that “dies” a chunk of the player base goes with it. If Blizzard really cared about creating a social environment they would not let servers die like they do but impose clustering. The whole server identity is really something that died with Classic, the only identity is which guilds are at the top of the WCL/Ladder and that’s it, WPVP is dead, farming is dead, leveling is dead. Having it setup this way is horrible for the consumer.

4 Likes

Bump for server health.

Wotlk clusters.

Reduce realm options. Cluster them. Open them.

Server identity is dead.

Thank you.

1 Like

They should go full retail with Wrath tbh. Clustering would open up WPvP for Faerlina and Bene players. Add unlimited boosts since still no RDF.

Sure. I wouldnt buy any boosts but others would.

I just advocating for server health.

I think at this point the Classic progression servers will just be retail tourist attractions with all the cash shop amenities retail has. Which is fine by me since CATA/MoP are very in line with retail anyway.

What would that do besides earn Blizzard more money by having everyone mass transfer to PvE realms?

Exactly; where they belong

2 Likes

I’m a little of a mixed mind on this. I played on Skyfury, and it felt like when it was around 3k unique players per faction logging raids, it was a large and vibrant community.

It seemed great, but of course that didn’t last…

When I transferred to Whitemane , the lack of Alliance was palpable, and so was the large, 24 hour community that made it feel very much like going from a small community town to a large city.

Both have their appeal. And although some of the lesser populated servers may have different challenges, there are many desirable things for some people about being on them.

I made the move to Whitemane, because I prioritized finding a raid group that fit my schedule and preferred roles/specs for the classes I play, as well as ease of filling PuG PVE groups.

Had I decided to prioritize world PvP, or community such that people recognize each other in pick up groups from grouping previously, then I would not be happy on Whitemane.

The point is that maybe a one-size-fits-all approach isn’t the best for everyone. Maybe there are other options that could better address the issues of player population changes over time that sometimes (often) negatively impact servers.

1 Like

You are right. They are already on PvE realms. That is why they transfered there. What you want is to turn a PvE realm into a PvP realm for the luls.

If we had a clustered pvp realm, a clustered pve realm, and a clustered rp realm, there would actively just be better communities, so I’m not entirely sure where the apprehension is- fewer “realms” separated by realm type allowing for the highest pop of players possible means you’re not realmlocked on a bad server hoping and praying for the higher pop realms to open up.

I’m not sure that prioritizing people who prefer… Smaller servers? Is a great idea. Mind you, I’m fairly certain RP servers generally have the lowest pop, so people might just end up there looking for a tighter knit community. I promise, most RPers are friendly, not a bad place to end up as long as you don’t want to mess with them.

Their approach thus far (keeping many servers and waiting it out) doesn’t seem to be working, save for lining their pockets as people rush to buy transfers to the next popular server every few months. I genuinely think if Blizzard thinks rdf is bad, then fewer servers with more people on them would be a better alternative to our current setup.

Maybe an rp-pvp realm as well, but I’m not entirely sure how popular that realmtype is. Still, 4 “servers” that all have a good pop>25 servers with 5 having high pop counts and 20 with a low>med count.

PLEASE merge realms into clusters. I dropped mining because theres no wpvp lmao I need it and cant have it. Feel like a large chunk of the games content is missing. It ruined half of TBC as well. Isle of Quael would have been so fun with some pvp like back in the day :upside_down_face: game needs developers to intervene. Give dead servers people to play with as well.

Most of us would welcome it. People didnt move to mega-servers to escape pvp… We moved because the game is unplayable if youre stuck on a dead realm like the OP…

1 Like