"Cloth", "Leather", "Mail" and "Plate" Categories Should Be Retired

Pretty much, yes.

Goats flying in a spaceship to a planet with elves shooting bows and arrows may not follow RL logic, but it does follow Warcraft’s internal logic.

Calling a big piece of metal “cloth” follows no logic at all.

11 Likes

I mean you called out someones parses and achievements in a thread talking about Armour types, Why even do that?. Stop hiding behind a alt and show us your main if you want to bring up parses and achieves.

1 Like

His main has a mythic jaina kill. Hes parsing 88% in mythic and 97% in heroic, not sure why hes hiding on his alt.

His main is Daark a warrior on US-Stormrage.

Cool, so i guess hes the elitist type? Most players don’t care about parses let alone achievements lol.

5 Likes

I keep dying on mech, it haunts me…

I can’t post on my warrior or priest from work. Not sure why. I’ve linked my main before a couple times if anyone is super interested.

I brought it up because the poster claimed that wow players cannot handle in-depth gearing or character building. Which I found odd, coming from a player that can’t do it either.

1 Like

He has a point though. Ion has taken a lot of things out of the game on the premise that its to hard for people.

The current system is hard for some people they need to not cater to the lowest common denominator and put some fun stuff back in.

3 Likes

Yeah I was about to say the same, and with how gearing is done in now most casual players don’t care about correct stat weights or anything of the sort. I agree with the basic premise of this thread, where armor type has become kinda of pointless. Not that they should get rid of it, but rather bring it back as something important.

1 Like

Then I stand corrected.

Typically on these forums, when someone makes an “elitist” claim on a lowbie alt it implies something fairly predictable.

I am guilty as well.

I make elitist claims all the time on my main and im not even that special lol.

3 Likes

Much to often people will bring up what daark did and hide behind a alt while bringing up parses and so on. Its why I got involved to begin with, its a pet peeve of mine tbh. Not often do those players have actual CE or Mythic experience.

That’s impressive considering you don’t even have a face.

6 Likes

Of course I have a face. A glowing Fel face.

4 Likes

If you look at a lot of people, he’s not wrong. Even my experience is nothing compared to the top percent of players.

My pet peeve is that people spout on and on about how the game is too simple. I disagree, if you want it, more challenging content is out there. But the game is designed for lots of players. From R1 to CE to people that just LFR.

Either way, the game needs new players, and the current system is fairly straight forward to start with, but gets significantly more complex the higher you go.

This one of the weirder arguments though. Other than just change for the sake of change, it has always been this way. Plate armor provides over 10% more physical mitigation than mail at similar ilvl. But, just like in IRL with the invention of the longbow there are mechanics in WoW that bypass armor. My dps warrior can offtank significantly more dangerous mobs than mail, leather, or cloth wearers. Every class does have mitigation abilities, but those are separate from their armor and are apart of their class mechanic.

Visually plate armor is mostly plate and looks very plate. Every armor type can have ornaments from plate, to bone, to feathers, but the core foundation of the armor is still plate, mail, leather, or cloth.

If anything you could make the argument that some of the armors look to be a different type to confuse enemies on the battlefield. Cloth wears adopting plate pieces on their armor in prominent areas like helm, shoulders, and belt to get enemies to focus other targets.

That RP enough?

4 Likes

No… it would be terrible if everyone could wear everything.

1 Like

That’s not what I’m talking about though.

1 Like

(I know that’s not what Mortis meant, but…)

Why would it be terrible? In the games I’ve played(ok, can only think of one off the top of my head, SWTOR with “adaptive armor” :stuck_out_tongue: ) , when they let people “wear everything”, it didn’t really take anything away from the game for me. I personally found it more fun to see just how creative people could be with their outfits lol

2 Likes

51% cloth by surface area, categories still work for me.

1 Like

So I have to compete with all classes on a Tmog run? That’s a no from me

1 Like