"Cloth", "Leather", "Mail" and "Plate" Categories Should Be Retired

And replaced with something like Armor Weight or something.

Those categories make no sense.

Most Monk armor is made of Cloth and categorized as Leather.

A lot of Warlock Armor is mostly made of metal.

But for the most ridiculous one of all, let’s look at the “Cloth” set from Uldir:

Everything that’s golden on this set is plate. Everything that’s gray is mail. Everything that is brown is leather and everything that’s white is cloth.

It’s mostly not cloth!

But it’s considered cloth.

It’s fine to call it “Light Armor” or “Featherweight Armor” or something. But don’t call it “Cloth Armor” because you’re lying to my face.

37 Likes

Blizzard removed and watered down all stats to make it “easier to digest”.

Weight gear like in any traditional RPG would probably obliterate the minds of many who play WoW.

23 Likes

Totally with you on this one…

7 Likes

Armor weight I think has been around longer than armor types in video games. Maybe they could have a naming scheme like FF14 does. The monks in that game wear “Striking armor” which is like leather and its shared between other jobs in that armor type, same thing with other jobs but I forgot the names they use.

1 Like

I’m in full support because literally all the priest sets are abominations.

12 Likes

I can already picture a rogue building around light gear just to equip a 2H axe. That would be glorious.

I’m in for any type of customization since we’ve lost so many RPG elements, starting by the fact WoW barely had any at all to begin with.

9 Likes

Nobody cares about any of that.

I’m trying to improve this one by convincing it make a little bit of sense.

20 Likes

what did I do :worried:

The heck does that have to do with this conversation? Armor-types and categories are absolutely an issue in this game. They don’t even try to make the armor sets look remotely correct to the category anymore.

This change would be an okay one.

17 Likes

You’re hiding behind a low level alt.

6 Likes

Instead of removing the armor restrictions, I feel like they should adopt more pieces as cosmetic. Example, Eye Patches.

4 Likes

I’m not saying they should remove the armor restrictions. I just feel like they should make sense.

Currently the “Armor type” says something and common sense says something else. Like these pieces of “cloth”:

6 Likes

Imagine giving a damn about parses when you’re not going for World First race.

And might wanna check again, I DO have AotC lmao.

13 Likes

I just hate that I log on my Warrior (plate class): I kill stuff in 4 hits. They kill me in 10 hits.

I log on my (mail class): I kill stuff in 4 hits. They kill me in 10 hits.
I log on my (leather class): I kill stuff in 4 hits. They kill me in 10 hits.
I log on my (cloth class): I kill stuff in 4 hits. They kill me in 10 hits.

What’s the point?? What DEFINES these supposedly “DIFFERENT” classes???

The Mage is the worst. A Mage should (as a VERY general example) kill stuff in 2 hits, but should BE KILLED in just 3 hits. Very strong offense, VERY weak defense. After all, IT’S CLOTH!!!

But nope. In WoW, your cloth ends up being just as strong as Plate.

This is way beyond “dumbing it down for the WoW crowd.” It’s not dumbing it down. It’s just DUMB.

33 Likes

Nah, that makes too much sense. We don’t do that here.

4 Likes

That’s fair, i agree.

Posting that on a lowbie alt leaves much to be desired.

1 Like

Why can’t I like this more than just once.

Classes have been homogenized to the point where every single one is doing almost the same stuff, being a clothie used to mean something some years ago, now all armor types are mostly the same.

10 Likes

Remember when Demon Hunters couldn’t wear mail armour because it didn’t fit the fantasy of a “mail” class…

Even though the official armour for Belf DH’s has literal chains hanging from his belt.

But “mail” armour doesn’t suit them. Unlike Shaman, primitive spiritual leaders who are best know for wearing full hides, and Hunters, who use stealth to stalk prey and absolutely would not wear clinking metal armour.

5 Likes

I know none of you care about balance or mechanics. Just RP.

You are playing a game where goats flew a spaceship to planet with elves shooting bows and arrows. And this is what you decide doesn’t make sense?

3 Likes