Closing Blizzard Account

Remember that one time the GM banned that one guy because he made got the server first level 70 before the GM did? Me neither, because we both made the stories up.

I am curious about this. It is rated for 13+ right? So, what words are acceptable? I can for certain say some words (Explicit cuss words, racial slurs, derogatory statements) are a no-brainer.

Like, could I tell a player they were dumb/stupid for getting us all killed, or whatever?

For the most part, I am 90% solo, so it doesn’t affect me. Just curious.

Cheers!

1 Like

This is not uncommon. It happened to me, and it was something that they could have checked but refused to. I never got anything but form emails. I think they have stepped up the removal of human action being involved in permabanning accounts without prior warning or other actions. They may have developed some sort of screening that checks how a person plays, flags a certain percentage, and applies a ban based on the fact that they don’t do competitive 3 pillar content.

No one confidently telling you this doesn’t happen has any evidence to support this claim.

2 Likes

except

“Hello.

We take reports like this very seriously.

Early this morning, we opened an internal investigation into the matter. While investigating, we overturned the suspension and reached out to the suspended player.

To everyone who brought it to our attention: thank you very much!”

5 Likes

personally, i believe stories like the OP need to really be looked at by blizzard because when blizzard unjustly bans someone’s account and then takes days or weeks to overturn the unjust ban, people are losing out on game time that they paid for.

2 Likes

I do know the rules, and even quoted you the Blues confirming that the filter does not allow swearing.

You were told why the filter exists - and it is not to let you break the rules.

Feel free to directly go ask Blizzard on the CS forum if you want it in Blue. Here is a fairly recent post confirming exactly what I said.

Mostly, the mature language filter is not intended to give someone permission to use language that would otherwise be considered against our policies. It serves as a temporary shield, to help parents of minors and others, who do not wish to see such language, to block it.

2 Likes

are you able to comment on the rules regarding automated bans?

1 Like

Up front, yes. When something is overturned they can request the game time back. They usually get that, along with an apology.

:skull:

4 Likes

There are no automated bans. So the rule is to stop listening to click bait youtubers or upset banned folks.

Now, if you mean do they use something like an antivirus program to detect cheating software? Yes. It is called Warden.

That is not just blind automation though, that is the Hacks team very intentionally looking for specific software or cheating signatures. Then checking the data before issuing a ban wave.

Can false positives occur? Yes, but that is why they allow appeals.

2 Likes

Other than the no brainer ones you mentioned, the rest is up to the gms discretion.

I know someone who got silenced for a week for saying Hell.

He appealed it, mentioning Garrosh Hellscream exists, and they reversed it.

1 Like

some people have way way too much faith in the system.

6 Likes

i watched live on stream - snutz get banned for 6 months for “hacking or using other illegal programs” then his ban was overturned once someone at blizzard took a look at it.

how is that not automated?

and before you say - oh that was just a mistake…

was it a mistake that Chanimal also got the very same ban?

was it a mistake that Amphy got a perma ban for botting when he was literally playing his account on stream for thirty hours straight???

4 Likes

So because he was streaming at the time meant that it was automated?

As I said, there can be false positives in the detection criteria. They usually go back and figure out where the error is, run the scan again, then unban the folks that were hit in error. Along with an apology.

I don’t know anything about a Snutz case personally. I don’t tend to follow the streamers or related drama.

yes false positives happen, obviously… but if the banning system weren’t automated, the human checking it would notice that the positive is false.

right?

or did a human look at Snutz and chanimal and said “yeah these bans are legit”

then someone else took a look at it after Snutz requested it, and they said oh its wrong.

obviously there was no first person and the process was completely automated

i wasn’t following their drama - i was watching his stream live when this happened lol

3 Likes

Looks like we need some battletags on the forum!

3 Likes

Well overwatch report system is FULLY automated but I am not sure about wow. I think the wow system is a little more robust because overwatch toxicity is why higher than wow can ever imagine.

Swearing in Overwatch is still against the TOS and even though it may seem petty which it is , still listed as a reportable offense regardless of a profanity filter. WoW has it too and I’ve had friends with temp bans for cussing in battlegrounds.

if the post isn’t breaking any rules, the flag gets removed… with zero action being taken.

1 Like

I don’t find the story false based on that. I average a wow token per day in gold off ah farming. That’s if I bother to post twice a day. Easily 400k plus a day if I put in effort and cancel a few times. That’s just off 18 servers of AH. If you can do 20k a day on your server, you can do 360k a day on 20. (I rounded down a bit, as I said EASILY DO)Anyone with a few accounts can easily be doing this.

I know several people who have made in excess of 50 million gold crafting in DF. They crushed professions early, 3 people whose names I know for sure killed it on enchants. You can easily figure out who they are by opening the ah. Their names are consistently on all the devotion enchants. They will slam s4 start too. The returns dimished late in to xpac.

That’s with absolutely no cheating, no abuse of any mechanic. It’s time and dedication to crafting. I made started pushing crafting in season 2 more seriously and the return is huge. You can not bot the amount of gold you can make crafting unless you are referring to someone running a ton of bot accounts.

I transfer millions of gold back and forth between servers and my own accounts weekly. I have not heard of anyone being banned for this. That said it’s not like someone botting or trading gold would be here on the forums complaining about a ban, they would just start new accounts.

2 Likes