"Click-to-move" constantly becomes unchecked

This isn’t working for me. The Click-to-Move checkbox is still not checked after running the macro, and my character does not move when clicking the ground nor an NPC to interact with. Manually enabling the setting still works.

Hmmm i’m not a macro wizard, i just found this in an old forum. It didn’t work for me the first time so I took out one of the “=” and it worked once but not after that so I put it back in and it works on all my characters now. I honestly don’t know enough about macros to troubleshoot but I bet if you play around with it, you will appreciate getting it to work. Sorry and good luck! Maybe someone else knows more and can help.

1 Like

Just had it on, logged and relogged on a toon in WoD (not sure if CT is on or not), and it turned itself off, so it’s not just newer areas/content…

It seems like any toon thats in DF content, it stays on but any toon that not in DF content, it turns itself off. So it will be on in Valdrakken but if I go to Pandaria, it’s turned off when I load in.

It’s particularly obnoxious for Noblegarden as well, since you can click some of the hidden-in-bushes eggs, or high up on poles ones, and you stop short and gather the egg. At least, that’s what would happen if the bloody thing wasn’t turned off most of the time.

I logged on last night, and did not have to enable click-to-move. Did this get fixed in the new patch?

I am still having to re-enable every login, so, no…

Chiming in to say I have had this issue as well for a few months now but only on 1 server. My toons not on my main server will have click to move always enabled. I have to re-enable it every time I log in on my main server or have to /reload. It is very frustrating and annoying.

Yeah, I stand corrected. It must have been a fluke, since it’s still disabled on most logins.

Have there been any updates on a resolution for this issue? It’s been going on for months now, regardless of any/all add-ons being disabled.

I haven’t even seen an acknowledgement from Blizz, that they know this is happening, let alone when to expect a fix. It’s also become so intermittent, that sometimes I log in and find it is still active, to times where I am playing, and in the same zone it just worked, and it turns off.
I have been using click-to-move for as long as I can remember. Maybe not from day one, but ever since I found it in the options. They even fixed click-to-move gathering during Shadowlands, which was broken since forever.
At this point, I’d just like to see someone state that they know it is happening, why it is happening, how it will be fixed, and when it will be fixed. Is that so much to ask?

1 Like

Hello? Blue? Anything???

Still broken as of the new patch, 10.1.5. I logged into my Dracthyr, and started doing the whelp daycare quests, and it was on. I started thinking it was stealth fixed, but shortly thereafter, and with no warning, rhyme, or reason, it turned off again.

Has anyone found a solution to this? It’s still occurring to this day and I cannot figure out why it’s turning off.

Someone posted a macro, but it hasn’t worked for me. Still no acknowledgement by Blizzard that they even know that this is happening.

My issue was solved when I removed the Fishing Buddy addon.

Hope this helps some of you.

Not sure if that will resolve for everyone, but it’s worth a shot, if anyone has the issue, and hasn’t tried turning addons off. Some have:

I finally got around to trying this myself, and completely removing Fishing Buddy seems to have worked for me as well. It also makes sense, because FB will turn off CtM when you would equip a fishing pole. Now, with Prof Equipment, it is as if the fishing pole is permanently equipped, breaking the addon. That’s Ok, since it really doesn’t have a use anymore, to me.

Did you ever get it working? I used the macro you are talking about, but I left off the ending because I don’t ever want to turn it back off. So instead, I’m using:

/run if GetCVar(“Autointeract”)==“0” then ConsoleExec(“Autointeract 1”) end

This way there’s no accidental turning it off again.

I hope this helps someone.

NOTE: I can right click to move, but my options window still shows it as unchecked. But it works.

I used the Fishing Buddy trick and it worked, I really only fish on my main, so, it’s not a huge loss, but disabling FB did indeed make the “click-to-move” box stay checked now, thanks!!