"Click-to-move" constantly becomes unchecked

After the patch, all of my characters have this feature de-selected. When I re-enable it, and than log out, the next time I log in on that character, it is again, disabled.

4 Likes

I am having this same issue on my account.

2 Likes

This is happening to me as well, but it even happens when zoning to a new area. I just turned in on in Dragon Isles, but when I used the Dalaran Hearth, now it is unchecked again.

2 Likes

This is happening to me too. Every time I login I have to go to options and check it.

2 Likes

It’s a bit of a pain, too, since I don’t even realize it’s off until I try to use it. By then, I’ve probably seen the error at least twice, not realizing why it didn’t work. I’ve had it turn off just traveling to another zone.

2 Likes

Same thing is happening to me

same for me but weirdly just one of my eleven toons has this issue. very frustrating!

I have same issue on 2 different accounts. Anyone figure out if an add-on is causing this?

I don’t have any new addons this expansion, but I guess I couldn’t rule it out completely. I can try disabling them all, and see if it makes a difference, but not sure which one would be doing it, that all of us have.

Same, I had this without addons enabled and even manually added it into the config files only to have it removed. I even tried setting the files to read only after I edited them but they still reverted to the original.

Thanks for checking. I hadn’t had time to try without addons. I just hope this has reached the devs, so that they know it isn’t working.

Same thing for a guildie. They have used it for years. Was looking for a solution and ran into a few different threads about it.

Oddly enough it only seems to be an issue in BFA areas, at least for me

Mine have been all over. Haven’t checked this week, though. Every character, on login. Sometimes, it unchecks while playing, which is probably more jarring than when logging in, since it just worked 10 minutes ago…

Yeah that is what I am being told by multiple individuals. I found a few people that use it in guild chat and they are all having the same issues. Always on log out and in but sometimes just changing zones or instances seems to trigger it also.

I’m having this issue too.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be as bad, if it just stayed on during a session. But having to turn it on multiple times, because it stopped working after an indeterminate amount of time, or from zoning, is just frustrating.

1 Like

Also having this same issue on retail and WotLK Classic. Anyone found a solution yet? I’ve reinstalled the game, and removing read only from the folders, but it won’t turn off, either.

Not yet but mine still seems to only affect any content that’s NOT Dragonflight.

I posted this on another thread on the same topic. I also have been having this issue for months. I found a macro that I added to my sidebar which will turn on “click-to-move”. It’s a bummer to have to use it as a work-around but it’s better than having to open options every time. Hope this helps!

/run if GetCVar(“Autointeract”)==“0” then ConsoleExec(“Autointeract 1”) else ConsoleExec(“Autointeract 0”) end

3 Likes