"Cleansing the Mother Tree" quest bug

Stuck on "Cleansing the Mother Tree." Quest did not complete when the weapon was cleansed, not able to do quest again because i no longer have the corrupt G'Hanir to cleanse in the scenario.
1 Like
08/30/2016 06:33 AMPosted by Rabidpengwen
Stuck on "Cleansing the Mother Tree." Quest did not complete when the weapon was cleansed, not able to do quest again because i no longer have the corrupt G'Hanir to cleanse in the scenario.

I had the same thing happen to me and was only able to complete it after abandoning the quest and picking it up again.
2 Likes
08/30/2016 06:40 AMPosted by Phaedray

I had the same thing happen to me and was only able to complete it after abandoning the quest and picking it up again.

For anyone having this issue, this solved the problem for me as of 6:44 am PDT.

When i tried abandoning and picking it up again a half hour after NA legion launch this didn't work.
1 Like
Stuck as well. Reloaded, quit game came back in. Unable to get the spirits to aid me, as all of the videos of this quest line show happening. Unable to get Destromath to drop out of the tornado and engage the npc's. The epic version of the weapon is gone, and I have the actual artifact, but cannot complete the quest. I am dpsing him down, all 507 million health of him, 20k at a time. Takes about 4 minutes for each percent.

Submitted a bug report, but it has absolutely killed my morning, and the team I was supposed to level with is outta luck.
1 Like
is there a gfix to this yet?
1 Like
/console reloadui fixed this for me. I did it and then equipped G'hanir and one-shotted him with a moonfire.

If that doesn't work, try removing some addons as they might be interfering.
36 Likes
08/30/2016 06:40 AMPosted by Phaedray
08/30/2016 06:33 AMPosted by Rabidpengwen

So how do you abandon the quest? I have the same EXACT issue but the "abandon" option is grayed out....
4 Likes
Same problem as Ampera. I brought it up on my husbands system with no mods enabled just to be sure it wasn't some corrupted game file.

I really want to progress!
1 Like
Same here, eventually I abandoned the quest but the questgiver isn't there to give it to me again, so I'm wandering aimless while my ticket responses continue to be "submit a bug..."

For anyone who dropped the quest, how did you reaccept it? Did you go somewhere other than the Emerald Dream to pick it up again?
1 Like
this enitre resto quest line has been a joke. seriously Blizzard.... wow
8 Likes
My weapon is still http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/135582 purple and didnt change to orange, after I did the scenaro I remember I couldn't hand in the quest cause the half horse man was not speaking with me so I remembered abandoning the quest (most times that fixed everything in the past)

Then I think I am on a different phase as the quest giver is not there anymore.

/
http://imgur.com/a/vr6q9 I think my Balance Weapon might be bugged also as I am not seeing the place to upgrade that also.
1 Like
Bump for my druid above, still no healer weapon.

It wouldn't be an issue if I could just use the balance weapon while in healing spec.

idk just downvote
1 Like
This just happened to me, so it is definitely still an issue. Tried to abandon and nothing. I guess I'll try and DPS him down idk

EDIT: TAKE OFF G'HANIR, RIGHT CLICK CALL TO THE WORLD TREE ON THE SIDE WHERE THE QUESTS ARE, RE-EQUIP. boom
8 Likes
for a restoration druid
doing the artifact quest
Clansing the Mother Tree
it shows that the quest is done
However
i am in the scenario
Final Stage
Nature’s Wrath
1/1 call upon the souls of the Fores
0/1 Elimante Dstromath
Call of the Mother tree

I have been pounding on destromath for 30 minutes
his health shows 403M / 475M

REALLY

great job Blizzard

Is this another way to get druids to waste a couple weeks of time to kill this toon?
1 Like
I had the same problem, disabled all my addons, and a button showed up, call the mother tree:) and it was done.
3 Likes
Dispelling zen tabra disable addons take spell from spell book put it in tool bar hit npc with the spell .
1 Like
Playing as a restro druid. Unable to complete this due to healing nerfs (thanks a lot blizzard, your constant nerfings made it impossible to get the restro artifact).

The quest calls for keeping all npc comps alive, impossible to do when elite mob is overpowered and healing nerfs unable to keep everyone alive.
1 Like
I cannot even abandon this stupid quest! I tried it over and over and usually something goes wrong or I simply cannot manage it. So I gave up on that and my two druid chars go without. However, whenever I go into the druid are that stupid quest pops up and my arrow points there making me run over there accidentally

With another quest where I had to go to another continent and meet with somebody I just simply dropped through the clouds and ended up again in front of d'Hanir.

That quest is so bugged I think it is a hopeless case. I just wish I could 'abandon' this stupid quest!
1 Like
I gave up on this stupid quest after trying over and over. I still have the weapon in my inventory but it is the 'unsanctioned one' so not much use.
I also cannot even abandon the stupid quest. Whenever I go near the whole area it always guides me to that quest again and drops any other quests. I even fell 'through the world' from Stormwind area and ended up in front of G'handir.

So my Druid now does only one thing.
1 Like
Found my fix using ELV UI, it was a small button in the Objectives Quest Drop down next to the quest name
2 Likes