Cleaning up arena forums

All of us realize we have so many posters copying the bad faith trolling of posting on a level 10

It’s unlikely they get banned by moderation because realistically we don’t all collectively report the posts and without the context the average moderator won’t realize that they’re trolling. I don’t have to name the posters names, it’s obvious who it is we all know it - don’t want to give them an excuse to report

We can collectively ignore them all however and just not respond to any posts from a level 10. Or we’d have to actually report them but that takes way more effort, just putting them all on ignore and having every poster just stop responding is the best thing to do imo, we have to moderate them ourselves. They want the illusion of trying to create good discussion when all of us know what’s happening

If you need help putting them on ignore because they have a private profile, just click on your own profile->preferences->notifications->users->manually add them on ignore. You can set the time to forever.

90 Likes

Done. Let’s keep this post towards the top as well for innocent newcomers.

19 Likes

i already do this

4 Likes

Level 10’s or whatever level isn’t really the criteria

It is just regularly toxic or trolling posts

Agree that some peeps use a low level to hide or something but the real reason for most peeps is so you can keep track of your posts on one character despite logging into many different ones and your ‘main’ keeps switching sometimes to brand new characters so you find a bank/AH alt that is steady and you use all the time so it makes it much easier to post and keep track of what you are posting and replies etc

wouldn’t generalize on low levels automatically

1 Like

Ignore deeez nutz lol

21 Likes

It is obvious who I’m talking about, but you cannot specifically name them or they’ll report bomb and say it’s harassment/abusing ToS

6 Likes

yeah that is true

Just make it so all posts are linked to your account instead of a specific character. A lot less level 10 forum trolls.

7 Likes

I’m jus gonna name em. Don’t care if I eat a silence or ban. Ignore Bloomsday and Flithron.

36 Likes

I’ve been hinting at this for a bit. Thanks for just coming out and saying it lol… Low level classic toons in particular seems to be something special.

Pretty simple though, just don’t feed the trolls and they’ll eventually starve and die.

2 Likes

Ya exactly, they’ll keep making more chars anyways in the future if they’re ignored though so have to be consistent

I forgor :skull:

2 Likes

ive seen a lot of trolls who aren’t lvl 10. i ignore them too.

That’s fine and all but this is talking about a very specific type of trolling that legitimately will never get actioned because they do it all while appearing innocent to the average moderator

If you decide not to like other people’s posts too that’s fine but every single person knows exactly what those level 10s are doing

One of the ppl that posts on a max level char and trolls by posting the same topic over and over for example could actually get banned if we weren’t lazy and just reported but no amount of reporting will get rid of the level 10s so you just have to ignore

1 Like

Reposting this for everyone else

1 Like

well i dont know who those people are. and i find this kind of offensive. And i honestly dont like the undertone that you’re creating.

okay buddy, this entire thread is toxic. i dont need to be told whos the good guy or bad guy.

1 Like

/sigh man… I get you have a bone to pick with dill but you can’t be serious?

1 Like

ok bud. leave them off your ignore and enjoy reading the cancer that they spew on the daily. The rest of the forums will move on without you both.

1 Like

He’s just trying to get the thread deleted by claiming it’s toxic. Exactly why we shouldn’t be naming people as they will use it against us and the mods will actually fall for it.

7 Likes