ClassicLFG

With your posting history if I told you the sky was blue you’d not believe me.

2 Likes

Longest I ever took to find a group was about 3 minutes tops, Usually was running UBRS as a hunter that could kite but I found groups for anything I wanted to do quickly usually in trade channel or guild chat.

Exactly…Friends, guild and guild alliances…Never had issues. Even pugs were formed in under 5-10 minutes if that…

1 Like

It sets a precedent for breaking addons with chat-reading functionalities. That’s the important part of it.

I’d have to agree, starman has double the posts that he has even likes.

Take a hint, you’re a minority with almost all your opinions and almost nobody agrees with anything you say according to your own post history.

2 Likes

If it does do this Blizzard will hammer it into the ground…

That’s also a major issue I have with it as well. If the group leader can’t see your spec? Sucks to be you, you won’t get an invite.

This is as relevant to the add-on in question as breaking Decursive is to overlays that show optimal rotations that update in real time. The only connection is that they relate to chat, but the interactions are night and day.

I like the cut of your jib! What server you playing on?

Well yes and no. It breaks reading and interpreting chat, which I assume is the base functionality of this LFG addon, no?

You do understand that reading the text as presented is different from reading the underlying data right? How do you think “Whisper me ‘invite’ to get into the raid” works?

Because we really needed post 404,801,585 Bout this.

/extreme hyperbole

Keep goin’ y’all. More and more people finding out about this addon and downloading it. Looking forward to healing some dungeons for ya’

3 Likes

Yes, I do. I’m saying that the addon probably reads and parses chat from a channel, which I’ve posted evidence of Blizzard breaking before. I know its a completely different end-goal, but the means are the same.

It’s a tool that will make it easier to find and meet people that want to do the same content as you.

It isn’t cross server, so it won’t have the same problems as retail LFG.

2 Likes

How do you say you understand the methods used are different… while still maintaining that they’re the same for purposes of this add-on? Add-ons can read and paste to channels without touching or accessing the underlying channel data… they’ve done this for over a decade and still work after 8.1.

I’ve never said they have the same purpose. I’m saying the addon uses the same type of functionality to work. As I understand it, the cross-RP addon read, parsed, and translated cross-faction chat, correct? The way this LFG addon would work, as I’ve been told, is that it reads and parses chat for use in a LFG drop-down. They have the SAME base functionality, but very different purposes. What I posted was evidence of Blizzard BREAKING addons that have chat-reading functionalities.

They literally do not use the same functionality to work. One accessed hidden, underlying code data (which is how cross-faction communication could be ‘translated’), which Blizzard broke because that’s not the only thing available in that data. The other accesses the chat logs themselves, which is just what we see.

You are aware text parsing is… ummm… ancient right?

2 Likes

Doubt it tbh. You sound ridiculous.

Thank you for your reply.

You’re literally not reading what I’m saying. There are two different functions at play, and Blizzard breaking access to one has no bearing on the other. I don’t know if this is a lack of experience with coding or if you’re just being purposefully obtuse, but tracking and manipulating two entirely different sets of data have no bearing on one another.

Oh okay… obtuse it is. Reading chat, as we humans do, is and forever will be available to mods until they straight up break modding entirely. Reading hidden chat data, which includes the text in its data form as well as countless other things Blizzard doesn’t want us to see for security reasons, is not what ClassicLFG does.

FFS

1 Like