ClassicLFG

Correct me if I’m wrong. Haven’t looked into this addon people are talking about a lot.

But my understanding is that it just filters chat to show you who else is looking for the same group you are. And allows you to send a message in world chat, which people have always just used macros for. You still have to whisper the person, invite them, and walk to the dungeon.

If that’s all it does, calling it a LFG addon seems to be a stretch. It’s more a chat filter addon that just searches for key words.

Like I said, maybe there is something that I’m missing, but as it stands right now doesn’t seem like it’s that game breaking to me. Correct me if I’m wrong and it does other features that I’m unaware of.

7 Likes

Okay let me find the statements from Blizz on every other addon they broke. Oh, wait.

If this add on was in Vanilla everyone would of used it, only reason it wasn’t wa sbecause it wasn’t invent not because people didn’t want it.

I bet you’re wrong. Care to make a wager? Are you the type of person that would keep your word?

Right, you have zero proof. Thought so.

That Blizzard broke addons? Again, lol. There’s the door.

hard to have a serious discussion about this addon. seems like the majority of people just read the name of the addon and get red in the face and start screeching and spamming without knowing anything about how it works

7 Likes

How is that any different than a drop-down menu that sifts through your professions more easily? Or Atlas which shows detailed dungeon maps, loot tables, and quest locations? Or Deadly Boss Mods which provides timers for dungeon and raid mechanics? Or Gatherer which overlays node locations and allows you to import them without finding them first? Or…

Or…

Or…

Seriously, this sort of nonsense needs to stop. Add-ons existed in Vanilla, many of them with far more ridiculous functionality than exists on retail (Decursive comes to mind). This group finder add-on is small beans.

6 Likes

I disagree, even in Classic now it won’t see widespread use. It also wouldn’t have in Classic. No grouping addon is ‘needed’ in any version of the game.

Not only that, but people don’t understand that the same functionality and API were in vanilla.

1 Like

It’s different because it creates a functionality in the game for user interaction that undermines the way Vanilla features work. They already had meeting stones and innkeepers to queue for dungeons; if they wanted a feature with a “LFG” functionality outside of those they would’ve added it. End of story.

Trust me it will be used. Why are you hating on LFG? It’s just a place to advertise your group, it doesn’t auto group it doesn’t teleport you do dungeons.

3 Likes

if YOU don’t like it, then don’t use it. Others may use and let them do so as much as they want, it will affect you exactly 0. The addon will be another niche addon like OQueue or RaiderIO is on the retail version of the game and see very little use.

Not hating on it at all. Just saying people are making mountains out of mole hills here. The addon is a non-issue and these threads will cause more use of it then would be any other way.

2 Likes

Well im right so be prepared to pay up LFR kid

I won’t use it and it will be broken, so I don’t have to care that much. I was just explaining the stance.

Oh, that explains it. You don’t even do keys in retail :rofl:

I can’t stand LFR. I strictly PVP.

And I would agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.

source?

It is a non issue, I saw Esfand complaining about it making Classic to easy, which is ironic because he has 1000s of people that want to group up with him, he will never have to look for a group.

1 Like

I’ll give you an example: nudity addons that Blizzard didn’t break until Legion I think. Those existed since Vanilla.

one issue I have with the addon is that it tries to define you as tank/heal/dps based on how many talent points you have in each tree. most people will level as dps. you can tank or heal a 5 man just fine.

either way, I want complete privacy of my talents. in retail wow everyone can see your talents and ive had 12 year old zoomers honk at me and try to tell me how to play. spare me pls

that said, the addon only sees your talents if you use the addon yourself

3 Likes