Classic WoW has exceeded all expectations

So 3 dungeons, a major daily quest hub and half the T5 raid… Yeah, that’s not significant.

1 Like

Haven’t seen a queue in a month and I play on Incendius.

1 Like

what new commercials?

Last week they just released a bunch of new “WoW Classic” commercials on Twitch, TV, Youtube, ETC. On top of the ones they already had out on August 27th.

It’s not fun to artificially limit yourself when nobody else is doing it. Even if you don’t agree with whatever it helping you out, in this case flying.

It’s pointless to complain about flying when you have choices. Just because others prefer a different choice doesn’t limit your own choices.

2 Likes

Umm, no, it’s actually right about where people thought it would be.

So, it’s entirely subjective then. Right, moving on.

Wasn’t haters, and yes, Classic was always meant to be a “nostalgia trip”.

Bully for you? Even people who don’t play it could see the value in it.

I didn’t say they were insignificant. I was trying to say that there are only a few areas. A handful. Things that could be easily fixed without adding flying to the game.

Oh look, here’s a portal to the TK instances at the spot where the closest flightmaster is. Oh look, here’s a pathway added to the terrain to get to Kazzak, Ogri’la and Skettis.

Fairly simple changes. You would definitely need the changes, but it’s not game-breaking.

They can tell which game we are playing once logged. Personally, I didn’t even download the retail game - only Classic.

2 Likes

To the OP: It’s pretty absurd to use FAERLINA of all servers as the measuring stick, here. The population of Classic has definitely gone down. My server (Arugal, the most populous Oceanic server) pretty much never has queue times anymore and is often Medium pop. Many of the servers are Medium pop at this point and many of them don’t even have layering any more according to blizzard, and no server has more than 3 layers now. This is not to say that classic is failing; it isn’t. But the expected population drop-off after the launch hype is absolutely taking place.

Not everyone is as obsessively purist as you. Many of the people who picked up Classic are people who stopped playing wow due to various reasons in the past other than dissatisfaction and lost track of it, seeing Classic as an opportunity to get back in to it. I’ve ran into quite a lot of people in BFA who are coming from Classic. Many people, in fact, enjoy both versions, as alien and unthinkable that is to most of the sycophants on this subforum.

1 Like

You do realize that defining anyone who disagrees with you as “not serious” and that as functionally identical to “nonexistent” is a logical fallacy, right?

…no, of course you don’t. Still is, though!

I’m enjoying Classic. It’s like a trip back in time which shows why you fell in love with the game in the first place. I plan on playing for a long time.

4 Likes

My thoughts completely.

This game has exceeded no expectations except maybe hype.

Items are incredibly bugged across the board.
Abilities are broken across the board.
There’s an artifical lag that’s built into everything which makes the game feel like it’s being played on dial up in Mongolia, that isn’t either modern or vanilla.

Which brings me to the last part: changes. There’s changes everywhere.

There’s no communication with the dev team and the player base regarding OBVIOUS bugs that are breaking parts of the game

The itemization is hilarious. We have no progressive item patching, just progressive dungeon releases. Things like having bindings drop when they can’t even be made into Tfuries is honestly just a giant facepalm.

If this game was a private server it would’ve been laughed off the scene for being a joke. That’s not even taking into account the $15 sub cost.

This game hasn’t exceeded anyone’s expectations that have standards regarding bug fixes, historical accuracy, or just objectively good games.

The OP either works for Blizzard, plays retail, or is just a shill in general.

Wake up

1 Like

“Wake up”

As he continues to pay and play the game after threatening to quit a dozen times.

4 Likes

My sub runs out on Nov 12

If there was a way to give back my play time I basically already have. I disputed my 3 month sub with Paypal for this garbage and they sided with me so I’ve essentially done everything I can to leave but they keep letting me play.

So I will continue to point out bugs as I have been doing until my time runs out. If they take our complaints seriously maybe I’ll return

I am a casual player and cannot relate to a single word in your post.

Core mechanics? Progressive item patching? itemization? Game breaking bugs?

Don’t understand any of that, or haven’t seen it. Or maybe just don’t care.

Happily paying my $15 a month. Put me in the happy camp. I’m easily satisfied.

6 Likes

And good for you mate. I’m not knocking you

But more serious players like myself who know the deep intricacies of classes and mechanics, and have been playing vanilla since 2005 have a different level of standards.

The game is extremely complicated, and it’s obvious to people like myself when things aren’t working properly.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game though. People like us are just trying to make it a better experience for you

For example, there’s a dueling contest going on right now for $50,000 in prizes when there’s countless bugs with PVP making it impossible for such a competition to be fair.

That extremely high level of play is on another level that people like yourself may not even see any issues. Hell, even some mechanics are too complicated for me to know intricately.

But none the less, they have a DRAMATIC impact on the flow of the game

1 Like

Good point, I guess I was just making a point about expectations though. Clearly we have dramatically different expectations of what the game should be.

Exactly. and I’m happy you enjoy it

The goal is to get to a spot where both you and I enjoy the game. From your position, you wouldn’t hardly notice anything except maybe more smoothness in mechanics and gameplay.

While I could basically stop cringing every time I logged in the game

And seeing churn this early is actually pretty terrible because the game hasn’t even been out that long. All but the largest realms will be dead within 6 months.

1 Like