Classic WoW Era Realms - Playerbase from Fragmented realms need to be connected as a community

well a lvl 18 hunter doesn’t have the experience or knowledge about the game to give any opinion here, so jog on m8. thanks for keeping the post up there tho

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: Thanks. I needed a good chuckle this morning.

thanks, that means a lot coming from a lvl 18 hunter

Get rid of servers, make it one big classic realm. Give us better social tools than trade chat / looking for group chat.

GG: a decent classic that doesn’t suck.

1 Like

asking for better “social tools” is like saying “blizzard please make me in to a better person”

2 Likes

Imagine gatekeeping having an opinion based on someone’s avatar level.

You really have nothing better in your arsenal?

4 Likes

sure keep rp servers for at the current time of writing, 9 people playing horde on both east and west rp pvp servers (only 3 of wich are 60) for a game that rly supports rp and always has done…

being a contrarian for the sake of it on a low lvl with out anything to support it is an opinion you can have, but its gonna take a lot more for me to pass it as a valid one and the great thing is im allowed that opinion too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Classic realms do not simply need to be merged, they need to bring back lovers of the earlier vanilla.

Strict 1.12 was a mistake
Layering was a mistake
Too few servers at launch was a mistake
Allowing so much botting was a mistake
Allowing so much boosting was a mistake
End of vanilla AV version was a mistake
Nerfed Stratholme was a mistake
Nerfed Scholomance was a mistake
Letting gamebreaking abuseable bugs to persist at release was a mistake
Bundling retail and vanilla classic was a mistake
Virtually zero moderation of the classic forum was a mistake
Virtually zero in-game GMs was a mistake

I have zero doubt that a number of those things above caused a great many potential subscribers to go back to private servers.

Connected realms would help, fresh would help, but unless some of the above list is addressed, you are not going to draw players back from private servers. You have to do at LEAST as well, and show that you care at least as much as those hosting servers in basements, before the vanilla classic population returns to health.
At least the bulk of the zoomers have moved on to TBC, or back to retail.

5 Likes

we told ion before classic came out but he said “no super wow, 2006 wow only”. his very own words…

WORD!

FFS, Even if you take any random new pserver, I bet they’ll do at least 10x times better than what blizzard ever did for the whole Classic.

1 Like

I mean let’s be honest here, what justifies the cost of Classic vanilla over a PServer in the eyes of a consumer. Forget about the legal aspect for a moment. What has blizzard done better than basement servers?

5 Likes

BUMP, if blizz doesnt care guess there will always be private servers to go to like kronos

1 Like

they should full merge all the foo king servers, just make it 1 east coast, 1 west coast. last one played gets to keep the name, all others change.

2 Likes

I just logged into my realm on Classic Era. There are 12 level 60 players on at 11pm ST. This is absolutely stupid. I don’t care how they do it… just MERGE the servers so we can at least play! I do not want to play TBC. I like 40 man raiding. I asked for a refund last month and was told that I waited too long to ask for a refund. What a bunch of… I am not coming back until they fix Classic Era. I do not care about FRESH realms either… Give me what I paid for! Classic Era! Why would Blizzard risk losing people back to the “Dark Side” of Private Servers?! I never thought I would see this level of service from Blizzard. Sad times.

3 Likes

I mentioned the solution to this on multiple forums and bliz posts BEFORE Classic even launched. They should have listened and designated NON PROGRESSION servers. Tell people “This server will never progress into Classic + or TBC” and let people congregate there that know they ONLY will ever play ‘Vanilla’ version of wow (like myself)

2nd the MUST launch a Fresh Start lvl 1 no boosting #nochanges server (ideally a small handful 5 or 6 every 2 years) so players who want to start over with new friends and new guildies can.

but for those who already are invested in their Classic ONLY era accounts; do whatever. squish together servers (the TBC crowd will not be back in any meaningful numbers to their old dead servers anyway. they may come back for a handful of populated servers.

This about sums it all up

3 Likes

Personally I enjoy the craziness of a Fresh launch and frankly that is the ONLY reason I’m even interested in this at all is the possibility that I will have one more chance to play a Fresh launch. I get that many people are sick of starting over but the servers have been so merged and moved around that they should make a small final split (pvp servers merged together, pve servers merged together, RP is delicate let active players vote what they want) and the rest of the people who still want to play Classic are given a handful of FRESH 3 pvp 2 pve 1 RP and throttle new accounts past lvl 20 for imbalanced pvp servers.

*edit RP-PvP players just pick a PvP server and all go there to RP (deal with it)

^ this; let it be

Well you might wish to replace that rose-tinted glasses of yours, cupcake.

The fact is classic servers are in free fall because certain people decided to touch women over doing real work to ensure a healthy classic era realm population.

There is no demand for fresh servers apart from corrupt raiders, gold sellers, and people that may have an unusual brain mutation.

Judging from your comments, I see that period of time has come for you. I heard Always is having a brand promotion.

1 Like

Stop spamming threads unnecesarily.

boy you’re a real cupcake aren’tcha?