Classic will fail due to layering - quote me on this in 2 months

You should take your own advice where Blizzard is concerned OP. They are going to do things the way that THEY think is best. As far as your concerns about how many people play…Blizzard has reason to believe that there will still be plenty of people on launch day. But even if there isn’t and it’s less than a million players…that means that layering is gone that much sooner…so it’s a win/win for you. Or you can play other games.

Yup not touching it until layers are gone, and heck by then probably too late to bother with.

1 Like

Posts 12 more times on the subject in this thread alone.

1 Like

Yes, classic will fail, but it’s not because of “layering.”

It will fail because people will lose interest. People will lose interest because it’s grindy, boring, the “community” will be elitist and toxic, and there will be no added content.

“You think you do, but you don’t…”

It is weird. You troll people and your posts go upvoted and not removed. I troll you and mine get instantly removed after rapdily getting 5-10 likes.

Are you a blizzard employee or what?

1 Like

Shocknyou <Planet Caravan>

216 posts

120 Dwarf Shaman

I’ve bookmarked this thread, and will bring it back in early 2020 to see if you eat your slice of humble pie.

Are you aware that pservers did stuff for server launches also? Like dynamic respawning and layering? Even ND has layering per zone. You would “phase” between the zones. As far as I’m concerned, blizzard is doing right by there decisions. Heck, why else do you think they are adopting ideas from pservers for launch?

Nope, it gets deleted for exposing the truth. And you just cant handle the truth

Being as numerous threads of what you claim is the truth are still around, I rather suspect that is not why the thread was deleted.

1 Like

I love your enthusiasm. *high five

I found a website called MMO Population. I can’t link - but you can google it if you want.

They seem to have info on every MMO you can imagine.

Also - wasn’t WoW most popular during Wrath - which was 4-5 years after the base game was released? So I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to about WOW’s expansion/patch cycle.

Why is this even a topic? Has Blizz not already stated that layering will only be implemented at the beginning, probably little more than a month, to alleviate all the new players. Once people get settled, layering will be removed, and the game will no longer have it at all. As it is, there are reports of layering being adjusted so it becomes harder to abuse it while it is in use.

What Blizzard says isn’t always the same as what Blizzard does. Only time will tell if they screw this up, or not.

1.9% of the total experience is enough for people to bring out pitchforks.

2 Likes

to requote the part that appear problematic

and hopefully you aren’t referring the first-gen like UO or everquest. the trend between the pioneer and the second gen ( warhammer, age of conan, wildstar and co) is drastically different.

now, moving on from arguing with blind fanatical zealot…

It’s not 2019 Blizzard it’s 2019 ACTIVISION which brought you an endless rehash of call of duty titles that still blow to this day.
But, I completely agree. Layering will screw classic up BIG time and I guarantee they will never remove layering after phase 1. Just stick to private servers, as I will stick to Kronos lol.

1 Like

So uh… how’s that going for you?

20 Likes

Holy Necr’owned, Batman!

3 Likes

One of the few times it’s excusable I think.

11 Likes