Classic WILL destroy BFA

Chrono Trigger is better than FF6. Change my mind.
10/02/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Galdor
How will you determine if it's destroying BFA?

When at Blizzcon 2019, Blizzard follows through with their promise not to simultaneously run 2 MMO's and shuts down the less popular one.
10/30/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Gleemo39F194
10/02/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Galdor
How will you determine if it's destroying BFA?

When at Blizzcon 2019, Blizzard follows through with their promise not to simultaneously run 2 MMO's and shuts down the less popular one.

They already said that Classic will be running even if there's only 10's of players, so I really doubt it will be shutting down after Blizzcon 2019.
Retail destroys itself by not offering challenging content and fracturing playerbase offering many faceroll free epics content for the same looking gear.

You do not need to kill x boss on hardest difficulty and win a loot over other 10-39 people means it is not important/precious sought after, it has no real value.
10/30/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Holypotato
I wish I had a nickle for everything that was going to kill WoW over the past 14 years.

so 14 nickles then?
10/02/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Bethlen
As fun was vanilla was back in the day, I don't think its a threat to retail.

Even if you hate BfA, retail gives you access to all the expansions. That's a lot of farming and collecting people can do. There are additional races and classes. The changes that were made from classic to BfA, like them or not, were made for reasons. A lot of the playerbase doesn't want long grinds (theoretically). I'm not even sure if the majority of the playerbase hates BfA or not.

What I'm curious about is how interested people will be to clear classic content given that they can hop onto retail and solo most of it. Sure, there is a sense of accomplishment from clearing it the way it was meant to be cleared, but how many people long for that? Enough to threaten retail? I would say probably not.

The entire pserver community for one. I can’t wait to raid in classic!
Retail/BFA has a few issues that will turn ppl away. More and more ppl are noticing Ilvl scaling in BFA. If you don’t understand why it is an issue you need to wake up. It just means that ilvl 390 or whatever is just a number. Let say you WPvP get in a fight with ilvl 280 lvl 120 and 385+ ilvl lvl 120 person.
In BFA it will scale thier dmg/medication/what ever to who ever is higher. Meaning the person that did more with in game is the same as the person that did nothing.

Gear = nothing or almost nothing
In classic gear = actually real $$

Of course the less you know about BFA the better BFA is. After looking under the hood you see the issues
10/30/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Lôrdgrim
Chrono Trigger is better than FF6. Change my mind.
They're good, but I don't think either game is the best jrpg ever made like many people who played them back then seem to think.

That would be Grandia.
10/31/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Zurnia
10/30/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Holypotato
I wish I had a nickle for everything that was going to kill WoW over the past 14 years.

so 14 nickles then?

A lot more. I can’t remember them all but Warhanmer, and assorted star wars games were going to kill wow at one point or another. Then it was Guild Wars 2 and just about anything imaginable.
I hope not. A strong wow community means a strong vanilla.
Of course it will, BFA is trash.
10/02/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Buffblitz
if trump won 2016 classic will kill retail no doubt

make WoW Great again!

yeah its gonna beat retail.
BFA has ruined itself pretty well already, and that's coming from a 3/8 mythic raider.
10/02/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Bethlen
As fun was vanilla was back in the day, I don't think its a threat to retail.

Even if you hate BfA, retail gives you access to all the expansions. That's a lot of farming and collecting people can do. There are additional races and classes. The changes that were made from classic to BfA, like them or not, were made for reasons. A lot of the playerbase doesn't want long grinds (theoretically). I'm not even sure if the majority of the playerbase hates BfA or not.

What I'm curious about is how interested people will be to clear classic content given that they can hop onto retail and solo most of it. Sure, there is a sense of accomplishment from clearing it the way it was meant to be cleared, but how many people long for that? Enough to threaten retail? I would say probably not.

Ah we already have an example of this though.

Runescape classic is a massive hit pulling sometimes 3x more people that updated runescape despite not having received an update in like 5 years.

People said no one "actually" wanted to play runescape classic and that its all been there done that and everyone would quit as soon as the rose colored glasses wore off.

But that didnt happen. The opposite happened people left new runescape and was lure to old runescape.

I think everyone VASTLY underestimates the amount of people that love grinding and leveling taking 6+, hours a level.
10/31/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Neoforce
Runescape classic is a massive hit pulling sometimes 3x more people that updated runescape despite not having received an update in like 5 years.

People said no one "actually" wanted to play runescape classic and that its all been there done that and everyone would quit as soon as the rose colored glasses wore off.

Uhhh, Runescape Classic shut down permanently in August.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/runescape-classic-farewell?oldschool=1

RuneScape Classic: Farewell

"RuneScape Classic was the first version of RuneScape, released in 2001.

For many years we've left all of the content from the original game available to play. Whilst it's seemingly been happily plodding along since then, it is with great sadness that we have taken the difficult decision to say goodbye to RuneScape Classic, which we will be winding down over the next 3 months. "
Now Classic was great in all, but people are going to be so surprised at the difficulty difference between now and classic. I am assuming 75% of you didn’t even play in 04-05 thus never experienced the leveling grind. What’s going to be funny is all the complaints from people when they run out of quests in a zone to complete and is forced to kill 2000 goblins to progress into the next zone. It will take most people over a month to hit 60 with casually playing. Oh, and have fun walking around until level 40 when you get to experience that sweet sweet moment of getting your first mount with a 60% speed increase.

Classic was “the best” because back in 2004, WoW was the biggest, and most popular game to ever release in history. Trust me, it will be a blast from the past for a few months - but it will never hurt retail.
This isn't 2004. Hell, look at the streamers thread. That alone should worry people about their beloved "community".
10/31/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Galdor
10/31/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Neoforce

Uhhh, Runescape Classic shut down permanently in August.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/runescape-classic-farewell?oldschool=1

RuneScape Classic: Farewell

"RuneScape Classic was the first version of RuneScape, released in 2001.

For many years we've left all of the content from the original game available to play. Whilst it's seemingly been happily plodding along since then, it is with great sadness that we have taken the difficult decision to say goodbye to RuneScape Classic, which we will be winding down over the next 3 months. "
ah i forgot about that. I meant runescape old school lol. Not classic.
10/31/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Nawzy
Now Classic was great in all, but people are going to be so surprised at the difficulty difference between now and classic. I am assuming 75% of you didn’t even play in 04-05 thus never experienced the leveling grind. What’s going to be funny is all the complaints from people when they run out of quests in a zone to complete and is forced to kill 2000 goblins to progress into the next zone. It will take most people over a month to hit 60 with casually playing. Oh, and have fun walking around until level 40 when you get to experience that sweet sweet moment of getting your first mount with a 60% speed increase.

Classic was “the best” because back in 2004, WoW was the biggest, and most popular game to ever release in history. Trust me, it will be a blast from the past for a few months - but it will never hurt retail.

Blablabla keep telling yourself that while people know what they're getting themselves into.

The hype for BFA was laughable compared to Classic.
Classic will wipe the floor with BFA. It's inevitable.

Why? because its a Warcraft 3 MMORPG and BFA is a Hello Kitty Island Adventures: Pet & Mount Collector RNG Simulator.
11/01/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Ladalrus
The hype for BFA was laughable compared to Classic.

The 6th or 7th expansion for a 15 year old game versus a version that people have been asking for 12ish years? I would hope so,lol.

11/01/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Ladalrus
Classic will wipe the floor with BFA. It's inevitable.

I have to ask, would you be ok if it just held its own though? All i want is for it to be as close as they possibly make it, makes no difference if it 'kills' anything.