Classic WILL destroy BFA

Like if you agree
How will you determine if it's destroying BFA?
10/02/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Galdor

When retailers still complain about classic after release
As long as they withhold sub numbers I don't see how we'd even know.

Already is if you read the forums.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769307266?page=1
As fun was vanilla was back in the day, I don't think its a threat to retail.

Even if you hate BfA, retail gives you access to all the expansions. That's a lot of farming and collecting people can do. There are additional races and classes. The changes that were made from classic to BfA, like them or not, were made for reasons. A lot of the playerbase doesn't want long grinds (theoretically). I'm not even sure if the majority of the playerbase hates BfA or not.

What I'm curious about is how interested people will be to clear classic content given that they can hop onto retail and solo most of it. Sure, there is a sense of accomplishment from clearing it the way it was meant to be cleared, but how many people long for that? Enough to threaten retail? I would say probably not.
1 Like
10/02/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Yorkshire
As long as they withhold sub numbers I don't see how we'd even know.

Write a macro to /who every different race, zone, class and then tally the result. You can do this on every server or average your statistics by sampling the medium servers, high servers and low servers, then use those results as an estimate.

Do your own research instead of trusting the words of others, you will be happier with the results and know them to be true rather than some sort of second hand lies presented by lazy squatters.
if trump won 2016 classic will kill retail no doubt
Blizzard destroyed bfa
I actually hope it does destroy BFA, not out of a malicious intention of destroying the fun of the people who enjoy it, but as a final repudiation of the broader dumbing-down of computer games that slowly began spreading across the industry even before WoW was released and went into hyperdrive in the late 2000s.
Ye
under blizzard logic this thread should get tens of posts and hundreds of upvotes then be moved to the general discussion for bfa players to enjoy....

well they seem todo the same thing the other way around for some reason
No way, the people who cannot even say a hi or bye, leaving parties for no reason or after 1 death. Selling raids, mythics to sell gold on 3rd party sites. They will never like classic. Nor the rude/ immature/inpatient idiots who will not find parties as won't be any group finder.

Only chance classic has, if it is either free or very cheap sub. If it is released with naxx ,aq, bwl and !@#$ , people will just skip the early raids as they are obsolete then complain there is nothing to do. All the tactics, exploits, tricks, info available on the net about everything, people will hit max very fast.
Obviously, BFA is arguably the worst expansion ever created and classic is better than anything post-WOTLK.
BFA is destroying BFA . if anything classic will rejuvenate the game .
I haven't played BFA, so it might be a biased comment, but here is what I see the likely outcome to be in their comparison.
At first you will get the massive influx of players keen to play classic again, after about a week to a month a large proportion, probably more than half, will quit. This is something a lot of people against vanilla harp on about, but most people who enjoy vanilla know this is a likely outcome.
Many players are too used to the quality of life from the newer versions, yet there is also those who will be returning players, making up the difference. I imagine overall the sub number for WoW (both versions together) will increase by a decent amount, yet BFA and later expansions will probably still hold substantially more of a player base.
10/02/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Hellzfire

When retailers still complain about classic after release

Good standard. Because people in this game dont complain about literally everything everyday all day.

:)
10/02/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Calciumplus
I actually hope it does destroy BFA, not out of a malicious intention of destroying the fun of the people who enjoy it, but as a final repudiation of the broader dumbing-down of computer games that slowly began spreading across the industry even before WoW was released and went into hyperdrive in the late 2000s.

Wow was literally the begining of the dumbing down of mmo's.
It was by far more accessible, easier to learn, less punishing, and required the least skill/dedication to advance in.
It was designed to be.

I know by today's standard thats hardcore but not by the standards of the old gaurd.
It was/is a casual mmorpg.

As far as "destroying bfa" goes: We dont even know if bfa will be the current expansion when classic is released.
For all we know blizz has the ultimate expansion being worked on as we speak. Playable Tortolan, Voldunia, and Sethrak.

Wonder how classic's pop will be effected when a new expansion releases?

Slownoob: Woot! I just made 60! Only took 4 years because I thought I had time. Who wants to farm pre raid bis?

Goldfarmer1: Selling Gears. Get pre raid bis, tier sets, full raid clears. Teams running daily. Best prices. No account share. We have g too. Best g on the net. Cheapest fastest best g. Pst for pricing or visit wescamyou. Com.

Drtroll: Noob everyone had their pre raid bis 4 years ago. What have you been doing?

Goldfarmer1: Selling Gears. Get pre raid bis, tier sets, full raid clears. Teams running daily. Best prices. No account share. We have g too. Best g on the net. Cheapest fastest best g. Pst for pricing or visit wescamyou. Com.

Slownoob: They said classic was here to stay. So i took my time. It was an adventure!

Drtroll: So what they didn't tell you was classic will be here forever but that doesn't mean the players will be.

Slownoob: Lfm need tank, heals and dps for Ubrs. Please have a key. Pst for inv.

Drtroll: Only tank you're getting is Bilboboy and thats if you pay him.

Bilboboy:Selling tank services and key services. Pst for pricing. Dungeon or hourly rates. You choose. Gold only.

3 hours later:

Trolol:Trump in 2024 for a 3rd term. He built the wall!

Slownoob: Somebody please tank this gd dungeon! I will perform lewd acts if you tank this dungeon and have a key!

Trolled: Only reason Trump beat Oprah in 2020 was because of idiots who play wow and vote.

Drtroll: Id tank it but im a rogue.

Trollinz: Reeeeeeeeeeee

Slownoob: Hey goldfarmer what does a full naxx clear cost?

1/10. Get some new material. This is a dead meme OP.
You could have posted this dribble in one of the other threads of the same topic you already posted 20x+.
Different types of players with different goals and wants. As much as I like classic, it just won't draw in the "easy crowd".
I happen to like bfa, just not the rep grind.... Wish rep would go under all toons.