Classic WILL destroy BFA

Classic wont destroy BFA. BFA destroyed BFA - duh!
I'm seeing Classic a niche game like Diablo, HotS, or OW. I'm not seeing it a direct competition with WoW Retail. Right now, it's just sharing forum space (Much to the chagrin of Classic players).
Classic will be a niche.

Current retail is mainstream.

Classic will start off strong, then fade slowly to its small niche of players and steady out there.

That's my prediction anyway.
10/02/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Bethlen
That's a lot of farming and collecting people can do.

Yeah, but it's how you do it that's the problem.
I haven't played BFA, so it might be a biased comment, but here is what I see the likely outcome to be in their comparison.
At first you will get the massive influx of players keen to play classic again, after about a week a large proportion, probably more than half, will quit. This is something a lot of people against vanilla harp on about, but most people who enjoy vanilla know this is a likely outcome.
Many players are too used to the quality of life from the newer versions, yet there is also those who will be returning players, making up the difference. I imagine overall the sub number for WoW (both versions together) will increase by a decent amount, yet BFA and later expansions will probably still hold substantially more of a player base.

I am awarding you the legendary Medal of Conjecture for the fine work you've done in constructing a thorough yet somehow equally shallow and uninformative post... Presented in order of appearance:

1. "the likely outcome" - Based on...?

2. "massive influx" - How many is considered "massive" ?

3. "about a week" - An arbitrary estimate, no idea where you would even get this from...

4. "a large proportion" - So a lot of INS( an unknown quantity)?

5. "probably more than half" - Ohhhh, so more than half of INS (an unknown quantity)?

6. "a lot of people" - I'm seeing a pattern here...

7. "but most people" - Wait is this more than half or a large proportion of INS ( an unknown quantity)?

8. "a likely outcome" - Based on what possible inputs... nevermind, you are lost in the fog...

9. "Many players" - As opposed to a large proportion, more than half, a lot, or most?

10. "I imagine" - Yes, yes you sure do.

11. "a decent amount" - Ouch, my brain... please... stop.

12. "substantially more" - You are the master.

In conclusion:

The likely outcome of your banter is that a massive influx of players will stop reading your posts and in about a week, a large proportion, probably more than half of a lot of people, who have the misfortune of reading them will have aneurysms. Most people agree that a likely outcome is also that many players imagine a decent amount of people will somehow survive your nonsense, but substantially more will make attempts on their own lives to never be subjected to them again.
10/02/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Ladalrus
Like if you agree

BFA is destroying BFA better than Classic (or anything else) ever could.
BFA kinda destroyed BFA itself...

1.Paying for a new expac that you have to grind to unlock new races is BS. While past expac's it came with it as a gift for buying it.

2.All anyone does now A.WQ's B.Mystics C.Keystones

I don't mind some of this stuff I do like BFA. It just the unlocking the new races that cheezed me. I am grinding out the rest of the reps for the flying thing, and unlocking, but heck its painful.
I wish I had a nickle for everything that was going to kill WoW over the past 14 years.
BFA destroyed itself, but I'd argue the blame is on the way the game has been going for the last three expansions.

Garrisons, class halls, followers, etc... you aren't the adventurer anymore, you play your Facebook daily game and sign off.

It's mind blowing to me that the developers think that qualifies as gameplay.
People always said that only WoW could kill WoW, and that's exactly what's happening with BFA.
The open world is meaningless, there is no mystery, the lore is a disney movie, the island expeditions have no reason to exist, the world quest rewards are so bad, they keep with this artifact power crap so the quest/rare can reward 20 AP on a total of 30k, Rare mobs are not rare at all they are just there waiting to be killed and most of the time give 20 AP instead of interesting loot.
Titanforged flying around where a fresh 120 can obtain a mythic raider equivalent piece of gear.
Now imagine if a fresh 60 in vanilla went to do a stratholme run and obtain a T3 piece from a boss.
Set bonuses don't exist anymore, replaced by azerite gear that you can't even target to farm because you are supposed to obtain it from a weekly chest that gives 1 random piece each week on a loot pool of 100 items. And I could still go on...
Retail right now is a total mess.
10/02/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Shilsta
10/02/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Galdor
How will you determine if it's destroying BFA?

Already is if you read the forums.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769307266?page=1

LOL...

Pwigg if you see this, you're awesome.
"Oh no, tons of casual content anyone can play at their own leisure that isn't running the same dungeon on 24 different difficulties. Whatever will people do with all teh content. BLIZZARD SAVE US FROM TEH CONTENTS WE WANT TO BE FINISH WITH THE GAME IN ONE DAY SO WE CAN COMPLAIN! WAHHHHH!!!

:D Modern gamers, truly mind boggling."
Like if you agree

BFA destroyed itself, well mediocre game designers foolishly ruining game design mechanics from vanilla destroyed BFA (and prior expansions).
Like if you agree
/sigh
10/05/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Ziegfried
Sort of like comparing FF15 to FF6 it isn't even close.

I like you. I want to buy you a drink.

10/05/2018 09:03 AMPosted by HĂȘisenberg
I'll play any version of WoW that doesn't have sharding or forced crz in it.

... I'll book a table for three and open a tab. You're getting a drink too.
Chrono Trigger is better than FF6. Change my mind.

When at Blizzcon 2019, Blizzard follows through with their promise not to simultaneously run 2 MMO's and shuts down the less popular one.
10/30/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Gleemo39F194

When at Blizzcon 2019, Blizzard follows through with their promise not to simultaneously run 2 MMO's and shuts down the less popular one.

They already said that Classic will be running even if there's only 10's of players, so I really doubt it will be shutting down after Blizzcon 2019.
Retail destroys itself by not offering challenging content and fracturing playerbase offering many faceroll free epics content for the same looking gear.

You do not need to kill x boss on hardest difficulty and win a loot over other 10-39 people means it is not important/precious sought after, it has no real value.
10/30/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Holypotato
I wish I had a nickle for everything that was going to kill WoW over the past 14 years.

so 14 nickles then?
10/02/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Bethlen
As fun was vanilla was back in the day, I don't think its a threat to retail.

Even if you hate BfA, retail gives you access to all the expansions. That's a lot of farming and collecting people can do. There are additional races and classes. The changes that were made from classic to BfA, like them or not, were made for reasons. A lot of the playerbase doesn't want long grinds (theoretically). I'm not even sure if the majority of the playerbase hates BfA or not.

What I'm curious about is how interested people will be to clear classic content given that they can hop onto retail and solo most of it. Sure, there is a sense of accomplishment from clearing it the way it was meant to be cleared, but how many people long for that? Enough to threaten retail? I would say probably not.

The entire pserver community for one. I can’t wait to raid in classic!