Classic was better for ganking or am i Mistaken and do not know where to look?

One of my favorite things to do is gank. Yes, I like to pvp, but I love to gank. In classic before MC, you could go to black rock mountain and gank all the people doing to ubrs and lbrs. BWL came and even more people to gank in BRM. AQ40 came and there were tons of people to gank all over silithus.

I am on grobbulus which is a high pop server and im finding less and less people to gank and its starting to bother me. Its like most people are done leveling and its only been 4 weeks. There is just not many people in the leveling zones. Sure I can fly around and see a few, but a lot of the fun of my ganking was taking their buffs that they wanted to use in MC/BWL/AQ40, not harrassing some low level toon.

Is TBC just inferior?

1 Like

You can just fly to instances, now. And, Outland is pretty small. With epic flying, I believe people don’t hang around the enterences as much.

1 Like

one word: flying.

2 Likes

Isn’t it obvious? You killed everybody dude!

15 Likes

BRM is a pretty big dungeon/raid hub with multiple zone in spots, alley ways, routes and dark spots to waylay players.

There is no equivalent hub in TBC - you have to head around a lot to see what spots are hotting up. Auchindoun, Area 52, Halaa, and Coilfang Reservoir Summon Stone area seem likely the best bets.

And, yes, flying has made it easier for the gankee to head away from the area.

1 Like

If taking peoples buffs was your fun well that’s over.

You can still do things like camping nodes and killing there so they don’t get the loot or kill them when they’re farming mobs. You’ll still piss people off and these often aren’t lowbies, but as for a place like BRM no. that doesn’t really exist. Flying does take away from camping too for sure.

You’ll never get that feel you used to get back on Yojamba Isle

When I was a wee lad I use to stealth around honor hold and gank lowbies. Probably works the same with thrallmar I imagine.

just wait. when isle of quel’endas comes out oml it’s gonna be fun

This.

Also, ganking is pretty lowest common denominator . . . not sure I wanna help with that. It’s pretty obvious where people are at . . . heres a hint

People farm certain mobs for rep/items . . . I’m sure you can find out what areas those are without needing much help from us.

1 Like

When dailies open up you’ll have plenty of opportunity to be a terrible pvper who just kills vulnerable pvers without trinkets. In the mean time you’ll have to stick to people who are actually expecting pvp.

1 Like

Wintergrasp had a ton of ganking potential as well. Especially as a destruction warlock. I would fly in from Icecrown into the fortress and if the door was busted you could literally fly into the room and land on the girders in the roof above the zone in to Vault. From there I would cast on people waiting for their pug to form up XD, sometimes I would just rain of fire to mess with people.

Then when somebody got up there and tried to kill me I would just click the “exit wintergrasp” button on the mini map and get a free trip back to dalaran XD I developed a reputation on my server for off hour wintergrasp ganking and had many threads on the forum in my “honor”.

2 Likes

Dont want to get ganked, dont roll pvp. The only caveat to that is faction balance is off. But that wouldn’t change them being ready or not anyway.

I never said I didn’t want to be ganked or pvp, I’m just calling a shovel a shovel. If your aim is to just gank, you’re a bad pvper just looking for a free kill. :man_shrugging:

It’s a rogue what do you expect. They are all scum. It’s a shame they can escape with cloak now because I hard swap to kill a rogue and blanket them with dots whenever possible.

Rogues are there to keep the Warlock population in check though.

2 Likes

Hate us cuz you aint us.

1 Like

Gank at summoning stones, and primal farming locations, this is TBC, finding players isnt hard if you play TBC.

Isn’t Elemental Plateau prime ganking still?

Just go to throne of kil’jaeden… Like 10 mages there on my server to be ganked

2 Likes