Classic versions of Monk/ Demon Hunter/ Death Knight

Are honestly such great ideas.

Seeing the monk fantasy without being tied to the pandaren theme.

Then having demon hunter being an alliance exclusive hero class and death knight being a horde focused hero class.

Getting a more traditional version of the demon hunter fantasy.

Getting the first time playable generation 1 death knights( teron gorefiend) that are simply dark caster in plate armor.

Sounds absolutely terrible tbh

6 Likes

The classes are good as is.

Adding a new class or even meddling with the current ones will become a black hole that sucks all dev time; And, in the end, both the classes and content will be worse than current Era.

If they want to develop the game, they should start with easy things like adding a few quests and low level mobs or running a successful fresh season.

3 Likes

Yes please I approve

Just go look at the Season of Discovery forum.
It is a disaster zone with constant moaning for qol, nerf/buff x y or z, and retail lite additions.
Ya know kinda like opie there.
:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I have a feeling there is a good chance there will be quite a few retail ‘seasons’ based on the Era Azeroth. And they will likely all go down the same road as SoD.

The amount of humbling needed from the community and blizzard to actually improve Era is not likely to happen until a few failure.

Until then, power creep, homogenization, overpowered abilities, insane QoL, transmog, predefined pvp experience, rails, etc… will keep being the ‘features’ added to each version.

4 Likes

For people who would want to play them, I think you’re right. For people who prefer the game without those classes in it, I would suspect it doesn’t seem like such a great idea. You also seem to have left Evoker out.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

OP doesn’t know the real hero classes are Shaman and Paladin, guy is hella confused.,

Speaking of, tomorrow we need to make a 4 paladins 3 arms 2 mage and a Disc team to cause maximum pain.

I want 3 MoM warriors and 3 mages and a lock with Atiesh and a geared AF disc priest.

I want it all, I want ridiculous slaughter! BLOOOOOOOOD!

1 Like

So the people that just want to play classic era with no changes.

Where did i ever say to remove that option.

So Delfaux, my questions would be this.

1. Does adding new classes cause balancing of current classes? And how can that be done without going straight down same road as SoD? Are they magically going to not make the same mistakes?

2. What is gained from these new classes? How does it improve player experience?

SoD tried to do something much easier, just balance current classes, and managed to be worse balance at every-single-phase / patch. it hasn’t even been close. It even became un-fun to play most classes by phase two. Why would there be success at something like 5x more difficult of balancing around multiple new classes?

Monks are pointless. Rogue/Priest can do everything they do.

Demon Hunters are pointless. Just another Rogue.

DK’s could have had a niche (secondary plate tank for both factions)… but Blizz decided to buff Shaman tanking in SoD instead. So they would be redundant in SoD, too.

TLDR these classes just don’t add anything to classic. (With the exception of DK - I think that one could work in another season)

1 Like

Having never played retail beyond wotlk, this is kinda funny. kinda like the OG warlock tank :rofl:

Its basically a Paladin in Leather with druid mobility.

Bro, what?

Where did i ever say that you said to remove that option?

FWIW, we had a bunch of conversations in the SoD forums around what sorts of runes could come together, and what sort of story or questlines to make for something like Paladins or Warriors being able to choose a path to transform into Death Knights, or Rogues into Demon Hunters.

That seemed like an interesting area for possible exploration.

At this point they may as well play retail; not sure what the desire to play retail classes with retail skills; they even have people asking for retail graphics also.

If you gave everyone their wishes in SoD they would actually be playing full on Retail.

1 Like

With people who don’t want to play it (perhaps that’s the real point).

1 Like

There is significant portion of players on these forums whose sole mission it is to turn every version into retail.

And the scary part is many of them don’t even know they are a part of it.

4 Likes

What if they’re jealous and spiteful blizzard developers?

1 Like

I have a feeling the devs aren’t the ones driving the ship.

Probably a lot of non-technical people wanting to prove their importance being a bigger driver of features than dev desires to actually build those things.

3 Likes

Whatever they are; they’re not Game Designers because Blizzard does not employ those.